NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My first nitrous kit!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:36 pm 

Sounds crazy waiting that long! i bought a kit from a chap at Molina Speedworks in Indianapolis and was here with me in the UK within 3 weeks and that included customs. Have you got tracking information for the missing parts?

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:38 pm 
Learner

That's annoying if you're still waiting on bits, have you emailed them?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:31 pm 
Learner

Mr. Trevor got involved after I sent a refund request through the payment service. I guess he had to step in and crack some heads, because now (two months after I informed them that I was missing parts and added the transducer to the kit) I finally received a tracking number. Meaning...the parts never got shipped and the customer service person (Li..grrrr) never even bothered to process my order and was just yanking my chain.

The communication with WON definitely needs to be evaluated. I send emails that are not returned until weeks later. I could literally mail a fu#@ing letter and it would get there sooner.

The funny part is, in the age of email, skype, twitter, etc..communication is one aspect of business that has become easier and effectively given small business owners access to a worldwide market. How WON is unable to capitalize on this is beyond me. Long story short....parts on on the way.

Goes to show...if you are running a business, you can't completely trust other people to care for it. Good lesson learned as I begin the journey into my own business venture.

I can't wait to start posting all the good things about WON again !!!! :yes:

2015 Jag XFS 3.0 IRR, Varex Active Exhaust, TCP Intake, VAP Tune, EuroToys crank Pulley, WON SB150i6 D.P. Custom Kit with MaxEx. X2 controller, K&N Filters, Sport Package, 19" Volutions w/Tech Grey Diamond Turned Finish wrapped in Michelin PS 4S

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:58 pm 
Learner

Yeah I can understand that, but with Trevor at the helm once again things should be quite different.

He was in semi-retirement as he handed over the reigns to I believe his nephew and things didn't go according to plan, so with that in mind, normal service should resume soon :yes:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

DaJagFather wrote:
Wow! The Wizard himself !! :bow:

Thanks for the respect but no need. ;)

I will make it better ! Wire ferrules ordered !

Good man!!

I wish I'd been available to keep track of your posts, as I'd no idea anything was going wrong (my nephew/manager since my retirement, thought he could manage without even consulting me on any matter but that proved to be wrong, hence his exit from the company) and no idea this thread was linked to the issues, that I eventually discovered,after taking back control of my business, a couple of days before Christmas.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

DaJagFather wrote:
Still waiting for the nitrous transducer and missing fittings .... originally ordered the kit in early November. I am being told that Royal Mail does not have tracking info, so I don;t even know if my parts have been shipped or not. Very strange that tracking info is not available from a global carrier. IF I would be told.."hey....JagFather...sorry...we fucked up, and didn't send your order out in time"...I could understand that...instead, I get a childish excuse ...blaming the mail carriers and the holiday season. I hate being lied to...makes me NOT want to do business again.
Stupidly, my ex-employee used the cheapest (and therefore slowest) Royal Mail option, which does NOT have any tracking info, so although he got that wrong, I can assure you that you weren't lied to. If I'd discovered that had been the case, it would have been more than heads rolling. Your order was sent out immediately after, you informed him of his mistake but as a result of him stupidly using the slowest option (at the WORST time of year for speed of delivery), there was no chance of them reaching you, in under a few weeks. If he'd followed the guidelines, that I'd established over my 45 years in business, he would have used a 24 hour courier service, to avoid exacerbating the situation.

Anyhoo...project on hold indefinitely...until my godamn parts get here! whenever the **** that may be!!!!

Meanwhile...took NOSWIZARDS advice and reworked the wiring to the controller...looks much nicer...glad he took a look and offered his advice:
My pleasure and it's made the world of difference. I think I'll look to purchase some of those terminals and include them in the Max package, to ensure all future installs have no reason for risking a meltdown/fire.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

DaJagFather wrote:
relay wiring harness for arming switch:

I have a couple of advisory comments to make with regard to your wiring;
1) I've found that the type of components/connectors, that you've used to split one wire into two, can be inadequate (not capable of carrying enough current) and unreliable, so I would switch to a better method if I were you.
2) It may just be the picture but the grade of wires you've used to supply the Pulsoids, 'appears' to be too small and may be inadequate to carry the amount of current the Pulsoids need.
Although we use very small grade wires for our Pulsoid flying leads, they are aircraft quality (which means they flow more than a 'standard' wire of the same size) and short but even the same wire would not be suitable over a long length.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

DaJagFather wrote:
It will probably be time to sell the car before the missing fittings get shipped....yes...kit ordered and paid for in the middle of November 2017...It i now middle of January 2018. Two months!!! No wonder WON can't get any traction here in the states.
Although I'm EXTREMELY annoyed by how your order was ineptly handled and how your subsequent report of the mistake was handled, to be fair to my company (NOT my ex-employee), I'd just like to make the following observations;
1) The initial mistakes was relatively minor and had it been dealt with, as it should have been, would have only caused a delay of a day or two.
2) Although I can't claim that we never made mistakes, until I handed over control of the business, they were always dealt with promptly and correctly and hopefully, even after I hand over control (eventually) to a new manager, the subsequent terrible handling of the despatch of your missing parts, will never happen again to anyone else.
3) The main reason our systems don't sell in higher quantities in the US, is because most Americans aren't as smart as you, because they believe the LIES, that all US nitrous companies spread, claiming that their products are the best, when they don't even come close to WON.

All will be good when I can finally get back to finishing this build 8)
I certainly hope so, as you've done an outstanding job and it would be a shame, for it to be held up any longer.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

DaJagFather wrote:
....yeah, I wont be able to keep the dash command app while running the maxX. They both are pulling the signal from the canbus. There is only enough juice for one or the other. When I try to run both, the signal is severely delayed (press gas pedal....rpm signal does not register until a full two seconds later on both the maxX and the app....when I run just one or the other....we get a clean, responsive signal.
I'll see if there's anyway I can help with that.

I guess anyone wanting to install a WON kit in the states better be ready to pay a premium...both in price...and wait time for the parts to get shipped.
Not from now on, now that I'm back in charge. :yes:

this is starting to piss me off. A return is about to get initiated with my credit card if I have no parts by Friday.
Totally understandable but hopefully that's in the past, now that I'm discovering the whole situation and I'm addressing all the issues, as quickly as possible.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

DaJagFather wrote:
Mr. Trevor got involved after I sent a refund request through the payment service.
For the record, I was totally unaware of EVERYTHING, my employee had been doing since I retired, which was approx. 18 months ago. It was only when I accidentally discovered, a much worse issue that he was responsible for, that I was left with no option but to retake control, of all aspects of the business. When I 'first' learned of your situation (not realising there was a link, between your posts and the person I was being told about), it seemed it was already too late to do anything, that would rectify the problem and obviously, I had a whole bunch of MAJOR problems (like impending company TAX deadlines), that I was also dropped in the deep end with, that I had to deal with URGENTLY.
Although I still wasn't entirely clear about a couple of factors (which I hope you'll clear up for me below, so I'm sure it's correct), on learning a bit more about your situation, I gave instructions to my most reliable employee (my daughter Lisa, who unfortunately only works a few hours a week), to deal with the matter as I believe she has passed on to you.

To ensure that I'm fully aware of the entire situation, can you answer the following questions, please;
1) What was actually missing from your original order?
2) If I understand correctly, you added a transducer to your requirements but did you do that before or after or when you informed Dave of the missing parts?
3) I believe the parts that were sent by SNAIL mail have reached you at last, can you tell me if all the parts you wanted are in the package.

I'll be getting as much info from my remaining employees in the morning, to ensure I have all the info I need to ensure, that we end this situation to your satisfaction. Also, please be assured, that if you do discover any further issues (that will have occurred prior to my intervention), that I will resolve them IMMEDIATELY for you, as long as it's within my power to do so.

I guess he had to step in and crack some heads, because now (two months after I informed them that I was missing parts and added the transducer to the kit) I finally received a tracking number. Meaning...the parts never got shipped and the customer service person (Li..grrrr) never even bothered to process my order and was just yanking my chain.
I can ASSURE you that's not the case, everything you've been told by ALL at WON, has been the TRUTH and I'll need to look in to this further, to be sure what this number relates to and what's in the parcel.
THIS IS ONLY A GUESS AT PRESENT; But I suspect that the missing parts were sent out by SNAIL mail and the transducer (that you 'might' have ordered after those were sent), was sent out using a tracked method afterwards.
Hopefully your answers to the above questions and my questions to my employees tomorrow, will help me get a correct handle on the entire situation.

If my worst suspicions are correct and the parcel ONLY contains the transducer, we already have the other parts packed up and ready to despatch by 24 hour courier but we are just waiting for a response from you to our last email, asking if we have all the parts in the package that you need.

The communication with WON definitely needs to be evaluated. I send emails that are not returned until weeks later. I could literally mail a fu#@ing letter and it would get there sooner.
Again my sincere apologies for this but I can ASSURE you, that while I was running the business, I gave the best service possible (especially with regards to communication), even making replies at midnight on Sundays, as I'm doing for you now and have done for many, many customers over the past years.

The funny part is, in the age of email, skype, twitter, etc..communication is one aspect of business that has become easier and effectively given small business owners access to a worldwide market. How WON is unable to capitalize on this is beyond me. Long story short....parts on on the way.
Hopefully, you'll see my previous response to this and appreciate, that it's not due to any lack of use of modern communications methods either. ;)

Goes to show...if you are running a business, you can't completely trust other people to care for it. Good lesson learned as I begin the journey into my own business venture.
SAD BUT TRUE!!!!

Likewise. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:37 pm 
Site Admin

BagPuss wrote:
Yeah I can understand that, but with Trevor at the helm once again things should be quite different.

He was in semi-retirement as he handed over the reigns to I believe his nephew and things didn't go according to plan, so with that in mind, normal service should resume soon :yes:

Many thanks for your vote of confidence and you're right, 'normal' service has been resumed. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:20 am 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
DaJagFather wrote:
Mr. Trevor got involved after I sent a refund request through the payment service.
For the record, I was totally unaware of EVERYTHING, my employee had been doing since I retired, which was approx. 18 months ago. It was only when I accidentally discovered, a much worse issue that he was responsible for, that I was left with no option but to retake control, of all aspects of the business. When I 'first' learned of your situation (not realising there was a link, between your posts and the person I was being told about), it seemed it was already too late to do anything, that would rectify the problem and obviously, I had a whole bunch of MAJOR problems (like impending company TAX deadlines), that I was also dropped in the deep end with, that I had to deal with URGENTLY.
Although I still wasn't entirely clear about a couple of factors (which I hope you'll clear up for me below, so I'm sure it's correct), on learning a bit more about your situation, I gave instructions to my most reliable employee (my daughter Lisa, who unfortunately only works a few hours a week), to deal with the matter as I believe she has passed on to you.

To ensure that I'm fully aware of the entire situation, can you answer the following questions, please;
1) What was actually missing from your original order?

[color=#80FF40]Originally, I was missing a 5mm nut and olive to connect the fuel line to the fuel solenoid and six fittings to tap the fuel lines from the distributor block to the induction manifold...lol...seems like an inconsequential thing now that I look at it, but I could not source the part, so I was dependent on getting it from WON. I contacted customer service on December 8th and informed them of the missing fittings.

2) If I understand correctly, you added a transducer to your requirements but did you do that before or after or when you informed Dave of the missing parts?

I asked that the nitrous transducer be added to the package so I would get everything in one delivery. After waiting for fittings for a few weeks, it was discovered that the request was never processed.

3) I believe the parts that were sent by SNAIL mail have reached you at last, can you tell me if all the parts you wanted are in the package.

I'll be getting as much info from my remaining employees in the morning, to ensure I have all the info I need to ensure, that we end this situation to your satisfaction. Also, please be assured, that if you do discover any further issues (that will have occurred prior to my intervention), that I will resolve them IMMEDIATELY for you, as long as it's within my power to do so. [/color]

As of today, I have not received anything except the original shipment of the kit, which I picked up from DHL in the first week of December after waiting a few weeks for nitrous cylinders to get powder coated (awesome concept btw).

I guess he had to step in and crack some heads, because now (two months after I informed them that I was missing parts and added the transducer to the kit) I finally received a tracking number. Meaning...the parts never got shipped and the customer service person (Li..grrrr) never even bothered to process my order and was just yanking my chain.
I can ASSURE you that's not the case, everything you've been told by ALL at WON, has been the TRUTH and I'll need to look in to this further, to be sure what this number relates to and what's in the parcel.
THIS IS ONLY A GUESS AT PRESENT; But I suspect that the missing parts were sent out by SNAIL mail and the transducer (that you 'might' have ordered after those were sent), was sent out using a tracked method afterwards.
Hopefully your answers to the above questions and my questions to my employees tomorrow, will help me get a correct handle on the entire situation.

If my worst suspicions are correct and the parcel ONLY contains the transducer, we already have the other parts packed up and ready to despatch by 24 hour courier but we are just waiting for a response from you to our last email, asking if we have all the parts in the package that you need.

Again my sincere apologies for this but I can ASSURE you, that while I was running the business, I gave the best service possible (especially with regards to communication), even making replies at midnight on Sundays, as I'm doing for you now and have done for many, many customers over the past years.

Hopefully, you'll see my previous response to this and appreciate, that it's not due to any lack of use of modern communications methods either. ;)

SAD BUT TRUE!!!!

Likewise. :yes:

2015 Jag XFS 3.0 IRR, Varex Active Exhaust, TCP Intake, VAP Tune, EuroToys crank Pulley, WON SB150i6 D.P. Custom Kit with MaxEx. X2 controller, K&N Filters, Sport Package, 19" Volutions w/Tech Grey Diamond Turned Finish wrapped in Michelin PS 4S

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:33 am 
Learner

During the consultation process, Dave was fantastic at helping me build the kit. He was able to work out a great price and the initial delay of the kit was understandable and well worth the wait as the powder coated cylinders are superb. I am eagerly awaiting the shipment of the parts and I am thankful that you have taken the time to resolve the issue. We all want the same thing...To see a successful install of a fantastic product. Mistakes happen. Most importantly, I appreciate your observation of my install and the advice you are giving me will be implemented. The wires are 18 AWG and 12 AWG as per the installation instruction for the Max Extreme. Should I go with a thicker gauge? As far as the quality of the wires, all I know is they are UL certified. The copper strands twist well and seem to hold up. Not sure of anything else, but willing to change it all out if it may cause issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:44 am 
Site Admin

DaJagFather wrote:
Mr. Trevor got involved after I sent a refund request through the payment service. I guess he had to step in and crack some heads, because now (two months after I informed them that I was missing parts and added the transducer to the kit) I finally received a tracking number. Meaning...the parts never got shipped and the customer service person (Li..grrrr) never even bothered to process my order and was just yanking my chain.
I'm confused over the delivery of the missing parts Raul, you say above that you finally received a tracking number but in your last post you say you still don't have the parts and for some reason Lisa 'thinks' they have reached you.
Can you tell me who supplied you with the tracking number, please and and are you able to go online to see when the parcel will be delivered? If the number didn't come from Lisa, can you send it to her along with the company name, so we can look into it from our end please?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Raul,

I think I have explanations for all aspects of the matter now, so I told Lisa to send you an email to ask for your phone number, in order that I can call to explain it to you in person, to bring this matter to the quickest possible conclusion.
If you could send your number by PM, I'll check back every hour or so for the next 3 hours and give you a call as soon as I see it.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

One more observation on the fitting;

I notice that the black nylon supply pipe is passing through the sheet metal of the car body work. Although our nylon pipe has a high degree of abrasion resistance, I would advise you to make the hole bigger and fit a grommet (rubber sleeve), to avoid contact between the metal work and our pipe.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

All issues sorted and parts will be with Raul on Thursday, as long as the couriers are good to their word. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:44 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
One more observation on the fitting;

I notice that the black nylon supply pipe is passing through the sheet metal of the car body work. Although our nylon pipe has a high degree of abrasion resistance, I would advise you to make the hole bigger and fit a grommet (rubber sleeve), to avoid contact between the metal work and our pipe.

Will do :yes:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:01 am 
Learner

THE WIZARD RETURNS

Thanks Trevor !!! Parts are here! The three pouches in the top left corner was all I was missing. Trev threw in a bunch of extras to help me with the install. . Time to get this build back on track. :rofl: :rofl:

Attachments:
goodies.jpg
goodies.jpg [ 334.23 KiB | Viewed 29592 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:24 am 
Learner

Nitrous transducer installed and checked for fitment. I got lucky that the electrical connector has enough room. Fit perfectly ! Also drilled through the prefabricated hole on the valve body and tapped a thread to fit the transducer directly onto the valve body. Will put thread sealant paste when I am ready to fill the bottle:

Attachments:
mitrous_transducer2.jpg
mitrous_transducer2.jpg [ 469.04 KiB | Viewed 29582 times ]
File comment: http://nitrous-advice.org/download/file.php?mode=view&id=1244&sid=70fc7206fb047d3249d60cb714debd84
nitrous_transducer1.jpg
nitrous_transducer1.jpg [ 85.68 KiB | Viewed 29582 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:41 pm 
Learner

Transducer wiring questions:

1. Is it preferable for the Max to power the transducers or should I connect both of them directly to a 12V source?

2. I plan to connect the fuel transducer directly to the fuel pulsoid (as others have done in the posts that I have researched in this forum). The nitrous transducer is already mounted to the bottle. I am hesitant to tap into the fuel line until the fuel pulsoid is connected to the rest of the direct port system. Does the pulsoid allow fuel to flow when the car is started or will it only function when the system is activated by the Max.

If the fuel pulsoid only flows when activated, then I can tap into the fuel line and connect everything up, but if not then I will have to wait until I begin porting and tapping the induction manifold. That part of the project will take a while. Either way, it feel good to start the middle phase of the install.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm 
Learner

DaJagFather wrote:
1. Is it preferable for the Max to power the transducers or should I connect both of them directly to a 12V source?

I'd personally let the Max do as much as possible, I mean it's what it was designed for and makes life a lot easier to configure knowing the Max is doing the thinking :yes:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

DaJagFather wrote:
Looks like you did a good machining and fitting job on the transducer Raul. :yes:

Direct from a 12 Volt source should be fine and usually simpler.

2. I plan to connect the fuel transducer directly to the fuel pulsoid (as others have done in the posts that I have researched in this forum). The nitrous transducer is already mounted to the bottle. I am hesitant to tap into the fuel line until the fuel pulsoid is connected to the rest of the direct port system. Does the pulsoid allow fuel to flow when the car is started or will it only function when the system is activated by the Max.
It will only open when energised by the Max. Why are you concerned about fitting the fual transducer?

If the fuel pulsoid only flows when activated, then I can tap into the fuel line and connect everything up, but if not then I will have to wait until I begin porting and tapping the induction manifold. That part of the project will take a while. Either way, it feel good to start the middle phase of the install.
Nothing to stop you getting stuck in that I can think of. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

BagPuss wrote:
DaJagFather wrote:

I'd personally let the Max do as much as possible, I mean it's what it was designed for and makes life a lot easier to configure knowing the Max is doing the thinking :yes:

Couldn't agree more "in general" but in this specific instance, it's JUST the power source that is in question and that would JUST be 'shared' with the Max, rather than supplied by it, so it doesn't really matter.
Originally, we could only get 6 Volt transducers, so we included 6 Volt outputs from the Max to save customers having to figure out some other source and in that situation, the Max would be the preferred power source. However, soon after we went to that trouble, we were able to source 12 Volt transducers, so that negated the need for the Max to supply the power.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:09 am 
Learner

Had time to try and get back on track with the project, so I attempted to tap into the cars fuel line and install the fuel transducer. I didn't get far :(

As soon as I cut the fuel supply line I ran into trouble. My cars fuel supply line has a bigger O.D. than the fuel-t fitting:

Attachments:
fuel_line.jpg
fuel_line.jpg [ 130.14 KiB | Viewed 29336 times ]
what_to_do.jpg
what_to_do.jpg [ 126.54 KiB | Viewed 29336 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next