NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Extracts from customers who have switched from a US kit
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:51 am 
Site Admin

EVERY customer who has made the switch from a US brand nitrous kit to a WON system, has made a complimentary statement with regard to the difference between the 2 experiences, so I thought it would be a good idea to post a thread compiling these statements;

The following statement is from an American called Sam Vallace who switched from a NOS kit to WON a couple of months ago on his V twin motorcycle;

Hey Trev,
Have I told you lately that you are one BRILLIANT old s.o.b? The nitrous system functioned flawlessly. Not a peep, fart, sneeze. This despite the following... Temperatures at the track were over 90F, humidity saturated, a strip of oil that I finally got the track guys to deal with that was causing me to spin up in each gear, an engine map that I found out was for shit.

I managed to pull off a string of passes at 10.7 at around 123 despite the shortcomings. I'm launching at WOT on the nitrous starting at 20% and ramping up to full in 2 seconds. The bike is still short on gearing, but still managed to leave a few sportbikes in the dust, including my son. Nobody was running good times with the air density as it was, so I was able to take some scalps.

What amazes me about your system is how smooth it comes on... No monkey business, stuttering, just a smooth delivery. What I really like about it is how it really hits once it's at 100%. Kinda like an afterburner, but smoother. Again, going down the track it pulls as smoothly as if it was a really high powered motor. I NEVER had that kind of experience on the other shit systems I ran before. Again, this is on an engine sorely in need of a good map.

If any existing customer has had previous experience with a US kit and would oblige me by making a post stating their observations and experiences, I'd be very grateful and I'm sure other people would be interested and benefit from being made aware of the experience.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: Extracts from customers who have switched from a US kit
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:31 pm 
Wizard

Hi Trev - as you sort of requested, hope you dont mind but I am that pleased with my WON kit and if you dont like please edit or delete as you require :D

Previously in my 1989 Skoda I ran a best of 16.49 using a modified Nitrous Express kit. I moved the jets from the fogger to the solenoids which improved the response but kept having solenoid problems. Using LPG instead of petrol, I used 2 nitrous solenoids. Unfortunately the fuel solenoid kept jamming open and the nitrous solenoid leaked dropping nitrous into the engine when it was stopped!

After changing over to the WON solenoids and injector -

I just cannot believe how smooth the WON kit is!

The NX kit could NOT be used off the line it was too fierce and would break something. I added an extra switch to tame the kit so I triggered the N2O (with a WOT switch to prevent mistakes) when I was ready for the hit.

The WON kit - I have removed the switch and run it all the time from the start! I have also had no problems with leaking or sticking solenoids and I have used the kit WAY more than I did before having problems with the NX.

I was running what was supposed to be a 50 on the NX kit but the WON kit gave me a 15.8 and was much more gentle when activated.

Information on the NX systems is not very good - you get a DVD but not about the kit you get. There is also no easy way to get additional help.

The WON kit doesnt come with much information - HOWEVER - Highpower Systems are always happy to help - even answering stoopid questions - and then there is this forum! FANTASTIC! ( and don't forget Trevs book)

Fixing issues one support call at a time.......
AKA Blue / IT Rabbit Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:46 pm 
Wizard

My story of the last 4 years with my car with my nos plate systems is a long one.

So I'll condense it somewhat!

I ended up with a twin plate system. 50 + 100 and she ran fairly well. But suffered with nitrous burps of the line. Nitrous solenoids letting by and in constant need of service kits.
Fitted a WON crossfire plate with a 100 shot via a controller and she runs quicker. And has never had any probs with solenoids letting by etc.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:40 am 
Learner

Please PLease let me be tribute to this cause!!! i dont reallly want people knowing Trev an WON are the best ive seen and tried so far but i will let it be known lol... Ive NEVER had a company live up to its hype like WON. Im coming from a NX fan base and its just no comparison, if you are on the fence, go with WON and save $$ from trial an error lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:50 am 
Site Admin

Many thanks for the positive post, can I ask you to elaborate on how you feel our systems etc. are better please?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:27 pm 
Learner

My NX kit NEVER worked good on my engine.
I did all i could to improve things but without success.
The engine wasn´t running clean in the upper rpm range and the 100hp jets never felt like +100hp.
There was NO difference in using a Controller or not.
I was at the track for one day and decided to sell the kit and get a WON Kit.
Best ET with NX was 0.4s than NA.

Maybe i could improve things with some more time and money But i found my way to WON and i didn´t want to work with the NX kit anymore.

I put the WON Kit on the engine. The injectors in the same location, did the static test, test run was perfect.
50 hp jets without controller felt way better than the NX kit with 100 hp jets!!
I put 100 hp jets in with soft controller settings a beat the NX kit.
Et´s where 0.3s better than NX. No problem!

Even without controller the power comes in very smooth! On a cold day i put a bigger N2O jet in and am fine! (have to get a bottle heater)
With 150 hp jets and no controller (or with the setting from the 100 shot) wheelspin in 4th gear is no problem :bigsmurf:
With the controller set correct you can´t feel when the Nitrous comes in.
Et´s are 1s better than NA and i´m 20km/h faster. (still no bottle heater!!! there is more to come!)

This is all on a stock engine with some NGK Sparkplugs. No ignition retard no other mods!
And this is only how both kits perform on my engine. The difference is big!

NX also has a Forum (in germany) and someone you can call if you have some questions (btw: Trev called ME!). Again, the difference is big!

NX was a waste of money and time!

Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the detailed post Thomas and I'd appreciate as many more from other customers who have made the switch as possible please, as people NEED to know that WON is the BEST choice for NUMEROUS reasons.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:39 pm 
Learner

My first foray into the world of nitrous was with a typical nos/nx setup. After a days testing at the Pod, was as happy as could be, running a PB 9.56 at 153mph.

The love affair didnt last though, first meeting out on bike, 2nd pass and felt the motor stutter at around 1000ft mark, whipped in clutch to run a 9.65 (would have been my only ever breakout :D ) to find no earth straps on plugs. Changed plugs and engine tight as a drum. Whipped head off to find concave piston crowns on 2 cylinders!!

Motor rebuilt and away we go again, first nitrous pass..... Engine let go, taking out big ends with it!!!

There ended my first season.....

2nd season, with my own bike, and by now ive down a bit of research, and found Burgermans website, which convinced me i needed to jet at solenoids as do WON. Quick call, and a very helpfull Ant set me up with some jet holders and jets. Drilled out the old flare jets and never looked back. Had several running issues during the course of the season, found the WON team extremely helpfull (bearing in mind i only had a pair of pulsoids and jet holders/jets at this stage).
The season ended relatively un eventfully, refreshed motor and had some running issues which i thought were motor running rich..... Trev instructed Janet to ring me to say DONT USE after posting test results on here, then rang me himself to explain that symptons were majorly weak related. Tested pulsoid to find fuel had swollen seat and very little fuel getting through... 2 DAYS later, rebuilt pulsoid back on bike and running well

This season, am running a total WON setup with the only exception being showerheads........ That tells what i think of the junk i removed from the bike. Since switching to the WON method of jetting the bike has worked so much better on gas, and uses far less nitrous than the previous setup, and WONS 100 BHP made the NOS feel like 20 once fully in, up till then just a nice graduation, even on aggressive settings

Steve

Is it possible to own too many hammers????

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:14 pm 
Learner

Just as an aside, thought I'd better mention the running problems i refferred to were nothing to do with the WON equipment fitted, or even anything to do with the nitrous side of things at all, it was the fuel we were using at the time was totally useless for running nitrous on. Switched to Sunoco MaxNos and immediately went to consistent 9.7 passes with an 80BHP jetting set up :yes: :yes:

Steve

Is it possible to own too many hammers????

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:09 pm 

BIT LONG WINDED

ive been a fan of Nitrous for cars and bikes for over 20 years
( i even remember trev in the olden days when i was a normally aspirated fan and was a nitrous non believer )

Im not here to bullshit and bull trev up because thats not what im about im plain speaking and always speak as i find... ill probably be banned from here before long but lifes too short to give a f@k

Ive allways ran Nos kits and never had any major issues all be it theyve been direct hit and not progressive
ive had a few solenoid rebuilds but thats par for the course ..or so i thought

my mate ran a wizards kit on his zzr 1100 whilst i was running NOS on mine and he had no issues either
when i was running 125 bhp jets i was getting 125 bhp but the biggest pain in the arse was changing jets what a night mare

on the outside his solenoids looked no better than mine and worked as well as mine
what he allways raved about was the after sales back up and info and advice from trev

i was looking to fit a kit to my car BMW Z3M coupe and was thinking of utilising bits i had in the garage, ive plenty of solenoids and foggers i had a new bottle and plenty of tube but i was looking to go progressive

ive got a schnitz contoller but found it crap on the bike so i started looking at trevs website and the controllers seemed the bollox

then i checked out the injectors and fancied them as space is very restricted in my car. so my mind was made up use my solenoids then buy the bits from wizards
then i was talking to a guy with a skyline who had just bought a 2nd hand kit and asked me to check it out
on looking it was a wizards kit

i was very impressed by the quality of the solenoids compared to the NOS gear couldnt believe the difference

so i plumped for the full kit from wizards sb150i maximiser extreme and use my bottle ( tight ****)

well after a few calls and humming and ha ing i dropped the car off at wizards for the install ( figured if there were any issues it could be sorted there and then)

went to pick the car up a week later and saw this bit of sexy billet on trevs desk .. it was a bottle valve ...decided i may as well have the bottle too well it didnt fit in the boot so ive ordered a valve for my bottle

well how is the kit

fitting just what i asked for very very neat , short hoses, black hoses excellent job ant thanks again

the kit operates excellent and im well impressed with the controller
all i need is the extra gizmos so that it does every thing but the progressive is excellent
started with 25 bhp to 50 bhp and now on 75 bhp

overall im well impressed and after many years of being an NOS fan im converted so much so that when funds permit ill be changing the bike to wizards and as i used to import NOS kit to sell on the side Im toying with selling wizards kit to feed my adiction

any body wants unbiased advice feel free to pm me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for what seems to me to be a very fair appraisal of your experiences and I hope some people will benefit from reading it.

I'd be happy to provide you with our trade terms and add you as a Trade outlet for our products.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:13 pm 
Learner

ragerover wrote:
BIT LONG WINDED

ive got a schnitz contoller but found it crap on the bike so i started looking at trevs website and the controllers seemed the bollox

:lol: :lol:

Nice straight talking lingo.. :rofl: lol

Chris
Racing Puma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:04 pm 
Learner

hell, i struggled with a generic nos kit on and off for years blew my motor more than once , no problems now :yes: then i got a w.o.n. kit, never looked back, worst thing about it is getting more gas, me and a mate get a BIG bottle and share it between us!

ive had my 50 kit on a tuned evo harley for over 6 years now, its never damaged the motor(thats without a progressive controller too!) and im many 100's of pounds of gas and many thousands of miles later

long live the wizard!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:29 am 
Site Admin

Many thanks for such a positive post.

I just wish we could get everyone who has had the same experience to make a post and then we just might save a few people a lot of wasted money on US brand nitrous junk and damaged engines.

We might also be able to put an end to the interminable question - "will it damage my engine" - that is the sole result of ALL US brand kits, causing so much destruction.

HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT IS BEYOND ME, ESPECIALLY IN AMERICA!!! :?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:49 am 

I just switched over from a NX brand system to a WON system.

When doing my research on what system to get, NX and WON were brought up. I briefly looked at the WON system, but being in the US, didn't give it much thought thinking it would be easier going with a "local" company.

Turns out after ordering the WON system, shipping wasn't even an issue. My order arrived in a few days, basically same timeframe as the NX system took to ship. If you order enough, shipping is free, BUT, even ordering a small part isn't really that bad-basically the same price as ordering something from NX once you add in the shipping and handling. Go figure...

Performance wise:

The WON system is just all around better for me.

The small, nylon line is key. I'm not running 400hp, so why did NX give me a line capable of feeding 400hp? I also already burned a hole in the steel braided nitrous line when I hit my starter contact. (and, like Trevor said-imagine if it was a fuel line!)

The biggest difference is the knowledge/technology WON gives you. When I first inquired WON, they asked me to email a few pics of my setup-that way I could get exactly what I needed. That says a lot about a company, and how they operate.

Their customer service has been fantastic. Trevor has given me a bunch of useful information tailored to my specific setup, going so far as to even sketch me pictures.

Take a look my original thread.

http://nitrous-advice.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6839&p=82633#p82633

I can't recommend WON enough.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:52 am 
Site Admin

I don't know what's wrong with the backend of my forum but I was aware of this post but wish I had been at the time, as I'd like to thank you for such appreciative comments.

If you are still using the system and reading the forum, please give us an update.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)