NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What is the smallest NOS shot .
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:05 pm 
Learner

What is the smallest NOS shot ever used in a car, is there like 10/15/20 jets.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

The smallest we can offer is 2.5 hp jets.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:13 pm 
Learner

Wow that's very liitle. No one will install that in his car :lol:

Noswizard wrote:
The smallest we can offer is 2.5 hp jets.

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

No that's right but we also do systems for MOPEDS and that's a huge increase on a 50cc engine. :shock:

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:53 pm 
Learner

I have a clip where I think skateboard with engine has NOS beats american car with also NOS :lol: , it looks so funny. Once I find the clip will e-mail it to you.

Noswizard wrote:
No that's right but we also do systems for MOPEDS and that's a huge increase on a 50cc engine. :shock:

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:07 pm 
Learner

I am asking about small jets, as I was in my friends car that has 75 hp shots and the car is so aggressive with NOS and I always think that internal engine will not survive that much because of that much amount, although his car is 1.8L 170 hp stock, so 75 hp shots looks normal for it, as I mentioned in my pervious post that I am interested in 25 hp shots as my car is auto (Honda City 1.3L) called Honda Jazz in UK , and don't want do damage the transmission. I have a question what happens if you hit NOS and your car limit gear is like 180 km and you hit NOS after that will it give you more top speed and damage your trans. I have seen the video clip of 5th gear where Golf 90 hp diesel with 75 hp shots did very good job against the Honda NSX. I am asking how the Golf is like 160 hp was a head of a car that has 286 hp, as it because you get the 160 hp and a lot of torque in very low end. I suppose if it was the Golf GTI with 150 hp stock and with 75 hp shots will kiss NSK bye bye :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:17 pm 
Wizard

First EVERY OTHER nitrous system comes in with one hell of a "BANG".
This one doesn't.

It's caused by an initial lean out due to the solenoid speeds not being closely matched, these Pulsoids are very well matched even without controllers and this results in a far more gentle activation.
Yes a 75hp is still a 75hp hit, but rather than a big bang it comes in far more smoothly.
Very few converts from other systems can quite believe its possible and despite "feeling" slower it isn't.

As far as top speeds etc, the only thing to be very wary of is hitting speed or rpm limiting devices.
Generally these cut fuel to limit speed or rpm and losing half your fuel in an instant is one way of turning an engine into scrap.
(Also why you have to be careful in the wet, due to wheelspin that can catch you out.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

What make of kit does your friend have?

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:26 pm 
Learner

He has the US blue NOS.

Noswizard wrote:
What make of kit does your friend have?

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

In that case it's like Loopy says, ALL other makes of nitrous kits hit VERY HARD and put engine and transmission components under much greater strain than our systems do. One of the main reasons why this is the case, is our UNIQUE metering jet location being at the solenoids, rather than at the nozzle the way everyone else does it.
By locating the metering jets at the Pulsoid outlet we effectively slow down the nitrous so the initial mixture is more correct, rather than extremely lean and a very smooth transition to full power is achieved.

You'll be AMAZED at how my systems just feel like you've just put your foot further to the floor rather than fired a bomb off.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:55 am 
Wizard

kimo wrote:
I am asking about small jets, as I was in my friends car that has 75 hp shots and the car is so aggressive with NOS and I always think that internal engine will not survive that much because of that much amount,

Could have told you it was a NOS brand kit Trev.
No-one hits harder eh ? :P

Jeez, and to think people see that as a GOOD thing....... :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:19 am 
Learner

I know yours is the best. It seems is taking me so much time to buy it, everytime I have the money something pops up, like wife says honey we need AC at the reception and to be honest I have my computer there and I was sweating there, and later she tells me we need water filter which I bought one of the best $$$, and at last my computer needs upgrade so hopefully for sure will buy your kit next year hehehehheh. I trust your kit a lot. They sell the blue kit here for $660 and I am not interested in it at all, after reading many posts found your kit is the best, so hopefully will buy one soon

Noswizard wrote:
In that case it's like Loopy says, ALL other makes of nitrous kits hit VERY HARD and put engine and transmission components under much greater strain than our systems do. One of the main reasons why this is the case, is our UNIQUE metering jet location being at the solenoids, rather than at the nozzle the way everyone else does it.
By locating the metering jets at the Pulsoid outlet we effectively slow down the nitrous so the initial mixture is more correct, rather than extremely lean and a very smooth transition to full power is achieved.

You'll be AMAZED at how my systems just feel like you've just put your foot further to the floor rather than fired a bomb off.

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:59 am 
Site Admin

Loopy,

It was quite obvious to me as well BUT before I post any specific facts based on that assumption, I like to make everyone else reading the thread aware that is the case. ;)

Kimo,

Thanks for your trust in my products - you won't be sorry. :)

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)