NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New To The Forum ... & New To Nitrous
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:53 pm 

Hello Wizard Of Nos community :yes:

Right... I'm Stefan from the West Midlands me and my Dad are both massive retro BMW enthusiast.. We both own 1994 540I's One is a rare manual model and the other one is the more popular automatic version funny both V.I.N's end with the same number ( Manual 540I's had special V.I.N numbers matching with each other different from the rest of the E34 range )..

The one that brought us here was our 540i/A we have changed a few things since we have owned her ( September last year ) she had been off the road since 2002/3 and we brought her without hearing her run with a broken ECU.. she's now running fine and back on the road since being back on the road we have fitted a panel air filter and Hartge engine chip.. The plans are to fit Bilstein B12 Sport Line suspension.. A LSD with a lower ratio final drive and replace all suspension rubber with poly-bushed items the thing I want to do before summer and BMW Show is fit a WON System... But we have no experience with Nitrous Oxide... Has anyone successfully fitted a WON system to their

E34 - 540I - 1993 - 1996
E32 - 740I - 1992 - 1994
E38 - 740I - 1994 - 1996
E31 - 840I - 1992 - 1996
De Tomaso Guara - 1993 - 1998

The Engine is called the M60B40 and the engine management system is a Bosch Motronic 3.3 ( IIRC ).. Redline is 6,500 and the compression
ratio is 10.0:1 and total displacement is 3.982cc.. Like stated earlier in the post we have no Nitrous Oxide experience so all help and information would be great and any links to anyone that has fitted a WON system to their M60B40 project would be amazing We're not even sure how we'd go about filling up a bottle.. :rolleyes: ... So any help would be great We'd dream about a power gain of 100HP but we do love the old girl and Britain's too cold a country to be swapping engines...:omgrofl: But realistically We'd like to see around 50HP-70HP and the most basic but safe system to achieve this goal.. Thanks for any future replies we look forward to reading them.

Some photos of the 540i/A I know most forum people like a nice couple of photos :yes:

- https://flic.kr/s/aHsmghEzM2

Stefan :yes

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: New To The Forum ... & New To Nitrous
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to my forum Stefan,

Luckily because you've come to the RIGHT place, you don't need any experience with nitrous oxide to enjoy the WON experience, because my 35 plus years of 24/7 experience is built into my product designs and you have free access to call on it, if you ever need to.

We have fitted WON systems to just about every model of BMW, that has ever been manufactured over the past 35 plus years, so I'm sure we'll have customers with the same model as yours but whether any of them will be active on my forum (which I doubt), is another situation all together.

The older the engine design is, the stronger it is (usually), so I've no doubt that yours will be able to handle at least the 70 ish target, if not the full 100 HP target and I'm sure you will even be impressed with 50 HP is not less, as our systems are extremely effective at all power levels.

If you'd like a quotation for a suitable system for your car, please feeel free to get back in touch with Lisa and she'll be only too happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Post subject: Re: New To The Forum ... & New To Nitrous
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:39 am 
Wizard

A very big welcome! This is the very best place for nitrous knowledge (despite what everyone else on the internet thinks!).