Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: NOS Arcade Game
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm 
Learner

:rofl: :rofl:

Found this at my local bowling alley..

A NOS endorsed Racing game.. Hold down the NOS boost too long and your engine goes bang...... :omgrofl:

Attachments:
nos games 001.jpg
nos games 001.jpg [ 13.85 KiB | Viewed 10005 times ]

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: NOS Arcade Game
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:03 pm 
Learner

personally i quite like the fact that there is this perception that nitrous blows up engines. means those of us that tinker with it are held in higher regard than the turbo tinker-ers. please bare in mind i'm actually yet to push the button on my set up but already have loads more kudos that a fully working turbo Bandit i know.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:34 am 
Learner

Firstly I'm jealous you've got a N20 kit so close to being usable :) I'm still waiting to sell one car before I can visit Trev to discuss my chariots needs :mrgreen:

But can I make a response Neil?

Surely the "Respect" your talking about from others partly stems from FEAR of Nitrous use on engines and it's so called undue reputation for causing engine failure or being 'risky' to a rider..

e.g. "your brave putting an expensive engine on the line for a short thrill" or "bloody hell your brave using nitrous becuase the 'hit' shakes the bike all over the place and that would scare the S*** out of me.. So respect to you"

Isn't it the truth that:
A) Used properly your nitrous kit should cause LESS wear than a Turbo/Supercharger?? Certainly shouldn't worry about engine failure??!!?? (I don't know how much nitrous your planning on using, but I would imagine even that if its a top end WON kit on a 1/4 mile beast, that the reliabilty/performance of his Products is paramount to Trev becuase its his reputation on the line. So engine failure still shouldn't be an issue).

B) Set-up properly traction and control of a bike/ car when transitioning from NA to NOS should not be an issue.. certainly not to the extent when the rider is bricking it becuase the back end is swinging about!!

Just a thought....rather than concern yourself about others unfounded views/opinions on Nitrous use and therefore the hollow "Kudos" that they pass on to you, shouldn't it be enough for you knowing the fact that your machine will accelerate like a bastard and put a smile across your entire face when on the gas / the feeling of the torque in your gut.. Do you really give a S*** what others think when just looking at your car/bike??

I believe the only Serious respect sought after (by those who use Nitrous in 1/4 mile competition) is in the bottom line 1/4 mile times..A bit like Trev competing in a UK Championship in an old beat up v8 Rover (Read his book) :bow: I'm sure people at the track took the piss big time... but they were soon shut up when he posted impressive 1/4 mile times...that's real RESPECT/KUDOS.

Nick.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:48 am 
Learner

The Point I was trying to make in my photo, was the JOKE that Nitrous Oxide Systems promote a video game where their products used (all be it in a virtual game) damage engines!! Which from a marketing aspect is suicidal!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:47 pm 
Learner

having now pushed the button on my bike...

yes, i'm with you 100%.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:24 pm 
Learner

No worries Neil... just be careful using the statement 'to Tinker with' because it suggests (at least to me) that one is playing with something one only partially understands.... :?

This has caused some friction recently it seems :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:10 am 
Learner

Why would a company actually advertise their products like that showing if you use it they blow up

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:21 pm 
Learner

Because the american nitrous companies seem to want their products surrounded in this air of "extreme" on the physical limits of your engines aura?? The US Nitrous companies expect you to use Forged engine internals because your engine needs to be much stronger to survive using their nitrous kits.

"Our Nitrous Kits HIT is hard".. yeah they might be hard hitting (is that a good thing?).. but that hit (LEAN burn or even detonation) is being transfered through your engine and your transmission possibly causing failure. (Which is where the idea of progressive controllers comes from im guessing.) I'm sure Trev can pipe in here about all this...