NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Justice
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:27 pm 
Wizard

My original installation was conducted by Minispeed 2000 Ltd back in January 2009.
They broke various WON components and made mistakes that were NOT expected of an agent of WON.
Worse still, upon investigation and a destroyed V8 later, a jubilee clip was found wrapped around the valves.

They denied all responsibility and due to my court actions, they were removed from the WON agent listings.

During the last 2 years and numerous attempts to bring them to justice, it culminated last summer when Minispeed 2000 Ltd was desolved and the company was re-registered as Minispeed Ltd. This is a well documented tactic of unscrupulous traders who fold companys when the going gets tough.
They thought they had got away with it.

In court this morning the Judge saw through the deception and linked Minispeed Ltd as a 2nd Defendant.
All they did was drop the 2000 from the name, but it was enough to cause a major disruption to my case.
All documentation now refers to the new company.
I proved it was the same MD, same premises address, same contact details, same company logo etc etc.

The solicitor representing Minispeed was NOT impressed and received the several beratings from the judge :omgrofl:
This now means that I can persue the new company through the court for my damages.
I have done all this with NO legal representation.

Today I finally met a Judge who used common sense, saw through the deception and has paved the way forward :D

My 840 is like a hot stripper.
I just keep throwing money at her and hope that someday she will give me the ride of my life

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

Last edited by BMW840 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: A Bit of Justice
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:20 pm 

Hi Richard :)

Thats good to hear :)

If you need my help again for the report etc, just let me know..... always willing :)

Hope you get the same sensible Judge for the next hearings...

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

Such a shame that the 'justice' (LOL) system is full of senile old farts who have no idea what they are doing but extremely surprised and glad that you found one that wasn't at last.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:51 pm 
Wizard

Thats great news Rich!!

At last some sense from someone eh??

As Brett says, if you get the same judge next time it may result in a speedy conclusion. Especially as he has made it clear that he has seen the deception. Be prepared for minispeed to have another solicitor next time though :rofl:

You have got them on the back foot now I reckon.

Stick at it mate... We are all cheering for you :yes:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:30 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
Such a shame that the 'justice' (LOL) system is full of senile old farts who have no idea what they are doing but extremely surprised and glad that you found one that wasn't at last.

It was a female Judge, and as I walked in I thought "you look a right bitch" :omgrofl:
She was, but took an instant dislike to Minispeeds solicitor and listened to everything I had to say.

I think what shocked her and made the solicitor sweat, was when I proved that both Minispeed and the previous solicitor had deliberately deceived the court. Last year, by NOT disclosing that the company had been dissolved, they actually turned up representing a company that legally no longer existed. She asked the new solicitor to comment, but by now he realised he was on a hiding to nothing and kept very quiet.

I used the words "Both Minispeed and his solicitor had deliberately deceived both me and this court".
The look on the solicitors face could not have been better than if I had placed a turd in the palm of his hand :omgrofl:

My 840 is like a hot stripper.
I just keep throwing money at her and hope that someday she will give me the ride of my life

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

Post subject: Re: Justice
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:22 pm 
Learner

Excellent news Richard :yes:

I wondered what all the court/legal stuff you were on about in threads I've read was actually about.

Just a thought, are you filing for damages against the company that screwed up your engine or the MD. It sounds like it's the MD going by your previous posts in this thread which is good as if it was the company I wouldn't put it past him to change the name of it again to worm his/the companies way out of any liability again. Although tbh I don't know how the law works enough to be sure. I just keep thinking of companies who I've worked for in the past who change the name slightly and seem to get out of the debt they had run up etc.

Anyway, hope everything goes well in the future ;)