NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Why are we British SO STUPID????
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

I've just spoken to my daughter Lisa in Malta and asked if their petrol prices have increased - she said NO!!!

We bail out the banks and then allow the bastards who fucked us all up to take millions in bonuses etc.

We pay ever increasing heating and electric costs, despite wholesale prices fluctuating - in other words we never see a reduction when the companies pay less to buy it.

We pay millions in taxes just so the members of parliament (in Wales, Scotland, Europe & here) can gorge themselves at our expense.

We pay aid to countries that are much better financially situated than we are.

We pay income support to ANYONE who enters the bloody country.

And finally (although I'm sure there's many more examples), even though Libya only supplies 2% of oil and global oil prices are STILL MUCH LOWER than they were when we were paying less than £1 per litre ............... we accept paying ever increasing fuel prices while the rest of the world are UNAFFECTED.

I don't know about Libya needing a revolution, I think we're long overdue some kind of ACTION to stop ourselves being fleeced as though we were sheep. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: Why are we British SO STUPID????
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:14 pm 
Learner

thats the thing us brits we moan like ****, but sit and let it happen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 pm 
Wizard

if we were french it wouldnt happen.... :beatstick:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

But what's it take to DO SOMETHING about it all????

With the wonders of the internet etc. available to us, surely we can DO SOMETHING to stop this shit happening to us. :?

It seems to me we've become too docile and too dependent on using 'civilised' means to achieve anything but those means are so corrupt now, that we're just being shafted. :x :x

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:59 pm 
Learner

I agree 100%.

I was only speaking to a guy the other day from the US who was complaining that he was paying $4 a gallon for petrol. We're paying TEN!!!!

Then I get an e-mail saying my gas/electric discounted tariff is coming to an end and my new costs??? 20% more for Elec' but 50%!!!!!! for gas!!!!!.

Don't get me started on the other stealth taxes we pay....

This country is a joke and every other country knows it and are laughing at us. :tard:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:42 pm 
Learner

Well Australia is pretty damn similar. At the risk of sounding insensitive, we had a boat load of refugees crash into the rocks of Christmas Island (just north of Oz, and that's where one of our detention centres are, irony), a handful of them drowned, so our government provides all funeral costs and charters a jet to fly the families to the funeral. These people never even stepped foot on our land but they get more than "I" the tax payer will ever get. Bloody politics. I would of been ok with them to fly their bodies back to their country of origin. :x

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:01 am 
Site Admin

I'm sure we're all governed by an ALIEN race, because I don't know of any REAL people who think the same way they do. :x

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 am 
Learner

You gents obviously have never lived in Holland. Taxes, taxes, taxes, taxes, taxes, taxes and ermm... oh yes some extra taxes. How far can you squeeze out a lemon.
1/3 of my income is robbed by the government to be invested in the stupidest projects, most of them seem to end in a disaster.

On the other hand, I was on a business trip for a couple of days with my boss to Poland. I thought we were going to visit some companies in industrialized areas but it turned out we were heading straight back into the 19th century as we moved into the neck of the woods.
Sandroads with holes deep enough to break your car`s suspension, scruffy dogs waiting to get out of your car to eat you alive, criminals in luxury cars with vin numbers removed, drug addicted prostitutes everywhere, townships that look like Beiroet.
The businessmen we were supposed to meet were nothing but a bunch of corrupted, intimidating white collar civiel servant apparatsjiks, looking for an opportunity to make money quick. Our interpreter was drunk all the time, so wasn`t much of a use.

All in all an eyeopener for me so I prefer to stay in Holland. What bothers me is that this place was only a 6 hour drive from my home.

Diy short ram intake, TBS, throttle coolant block off, heat shield gasket, AAS race manifold, reinforced torque rods, Exedy stage 1 clutch, short shifter,semi slicks, hondata flashpro.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

At least the Australian government would have sent the families back after the funeral but ours wouldn’t only have allowed them ALL to stay, they’d have also provided each of them with a house, a car, a mobile phone and enough money INDEFINITELY so they could live better than a UK tax payer, without EVER having to work.
If that wasn't bad enough, they'd then allow them to;
1) Use forged documents to get ALL the above for more of their friends and families
2) Murder some of us and then escape out of the country without a trial
2) Rape some of our women without even being charged for the offence
3) Steal from our shops in organised gangs and even after we catch them, just allow them to go unpunished
4) Break in to people’s houses and ‘SQUAT’ – which means the owner CAN’T evict them without spending £10,000 in legal costs and months if not years in court battles (while the squatters are renting out the house to others) and even then may not succeed in getting their house back and even if they do it’s WRECKED.
5) Etc. Etc. and there are PLENTY MORE Etc. Etc’s.
BELIEVE ME none of the above is the slightest exaggeration, because we see these things being reported EVERY WEEK here.

Whilst Holland and England 'MAY' be better than the likes of Poland (and many other countries on the edge of Europe etc.) AT PRESENT, the way our Governments are going that won't be the case for much longer, because they have INVITED the entire population of those countries to come to OUR countries, to murder, rape and plunder at will, while those in charge just stand by and do NOTHING!!!

Why do the people with the GOOD SENSE and RATIONAL THINKING never become leaders????

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:12 pm 
Wizard

As my dad put it, we are the SKIP of europe..... :tard:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:25 pm 
Learner

im certainly not proud to say im from the uk......total joke the country....we have mp's fleecing us for £1000's in expenses but only four are being prosecuted......WTF!!!......there was an imigrant on radio 2 the other day complaining about having to listen to all the fuss regarding poppy day.....but quite happy to take his £800 a month in handouts from our taxes .....what about our lovely new jails with flat screen tv's nice desk to work it with a nice comfy bed after your three course meal or why not play some pool or read a book in the libraries in jails............

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 pm 
Wizard

My Brother left he UK several years ago as he was so fed up with the way his own country treated him.

He now lives in a house in a small village on mainland Greece where he grows olives. A couple of years ago the government decided to install parking meters in the local main town.

The local folk were enraged and they all banded together and parked their cars on the pavements in protest. This blocked access to local shops and dwellings. My Bro was in awe of the public spirit these folk had. And he joined them in the protest. I'm only takling aobut 50 odd parking meters here!!

After 2 days of this protest the local Mayor had the meters uprooted and bowed to his constituents demands ???

In the UK we get shafted from all directions.
We earn our wages and pay tax on the money. We spend that money and pay tax again. We save that money and pay tax on our interest. And from what I gather, if I decide to sell someting that I own. I should declare this as "un earned income" WTF...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

mgbv8 wrote:
My Brother left he UK several years ago as he was so fed up with the way his own country treated him.

He now lives in a house in a small village on mainland Greece where he grows olives. A couple of years ago the government decided to install parking meters in the local main town.

The local folk were enraged and they all banded together and parked their cars on the pavements in protest. This blocked access to local shops and dwellings. My Bro was in awe of the public spirit these folk had. And he joined them in the protest. I'm only takling aobut 50 odd parking meters here!!

After 2 days of this protest the local Mayor had the meters uprooted and bowed to his constituents demands ???
The problem is that our 'leaders' (or at least the last lot, as it’s a bit early to judge the current ones), thought they knew better than the people they are SUPPOSED TO SERVE, so we're ignored!!!!

In the UK we get shafted from all directions.
We earn our wages and pay tax on the money. We spend that money and pay tax again. We save that money and pay tax on our interest. And from what I gather, if I decide to sell someting that I own. I should declare this as "un earned income" WTF...
That's correct although they 'generously' allow us an amount that is un taxed (£3,000 a year I believe) and if all those taxes aren't bad enough, we even get taxed if we GIVE money to our family and again when we die!!!!

Now I agree with the mega rich getting taxed when they die, because NOBODY deserves to have so much money. I'm far from being a communist but capitalisms allows things to go way too far in the opposite direction.

If I was the UK PM, I'd change taxation to be based on how much you earned PER HOUR, so that those who 'earned' (LOL) most for least effort, paid most tax and those who worked their arses off all the hours of a week for peanuts, paid least. I'd also put a cap on how much money any one person could own (say 5 million), to stop people hording money that others NEED.
Such an arrangement SHOULD BE MANDATORY in countries like India, Pakistan, Brazil, etc. etc. where the elite are muti, multi millionaires and just yards away, there are people 'living' off their waste tips. It's absolutely ABHORRENT that as human being, we allow such DISGUSTING inequality.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:30 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
If I was the UK PM, I'd change taxation to be based on how much you earned PER HOUR, so that those who 'earned' (LOL) most for least effort, paid most tax and those who worked their arses off all the hours of a week for peanuts, paid least.

Hope you don't make PM then Trev ;)

I'm assuming you mean when people are on obscene amounts for what they do i.e. certain Bank employees, football players to name a few. Well I'm hoping you mean that as I worked my balls off for years on a training salary of only £13k when I switched my career at 33 yrs old to try get off the shop floor into something more 'cosy' with the hope of bettering myself and my quality of life overall. Surely using initiative and ambition (of sorts in my case) shouldn't be punished as we pay enough in taxes no matter who we are in the UK - except the immigrants and bums that is!!.
Because my long term plan actually came to fruition, I now don't have to work all the hours under the sun (I've done 11 hours this week) which was my reason for changing career and working my balls off in the first place. I don't earn a high annual salary - pretty much average tbh - but pro rata it is reasonably high as I admit I don't do many hours.

Saying that, I was di sgusted with myself to find I've done over a 1000 hours so far this tax year....pmsl

There does seem to be a point at which you go from being well off to stupidly rich in the earnings scale. Wouldn't mind crossing that divide into the upper tier :yes:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

yippeekiay wrote:
Hope you don't make PM then Trev ;)
There's NO chance of that as the truth doesn't go down well in such circles and besides that I'd have to ruler of the entire world, because applying my rules/principles to just the UK would drive out the greedy bastards and we MIGHT suffer as a consequence.

I'm assuming you mean when people are on obscene amounts for what they do i.e. certain Bank employees, football players to name a few.
Exactly right, anyone who 'earned' (JOKE) the likes of £10,000,000 in bonuses (for my bet is about 20 hours a week), would have to pay 99.99% tax.
Someone who worked 24/7 to earn say £50,000 would pay peanuts (if anything) in comparison and as stated I'd have an upper limit to how much ANYONE could accumulate.

There does seem to be a point at which you go from being well off to stupidly rich in the earnings scale. Wouldn't mind crossing that divide into the upper tier :yes:
It's not just 'stupid rich' it's obscene that one person should be worth millions, never mind the BILLIONS that some disgusting bastards have.
The ONLY way you can make so much money is by TAKING IT FROM OTHERS, so while they're counting their rising billions, the rest of us are struggling.

I'm worth a decent amount but if it ever reach double figure millions, I'd have to give half of it to charity and/or cut my prices, as I couldn't live with myself under those circumstances. Having more than you 'NEED' to live a 'comfortable' life, while there are so many people in the world with NOTHING, is an AFFRONT to what should be human decency and I can't think of a word strong enough to describe how that makes me feel. :x :evil:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:21 pm 
Learner

A friend of mine does work for a letting agency, doing viewings and removals etc.

he was showing a woman a flat yesterday and she was telling him about all the benefits she receives

child allowance, jobseekers, housing, travel, DSS etc

but to make matters worse, she proceeded to discuss how she has three children, one is SLIGHTLY autistic so she gets an extra £200 a month, and one is about to hit puberty so she gets an extra £200 a month for that too.

then! she goes on to say her gran died recently leaving a small fortune to her, which she has in a separate account which is not in her name so the DSS people don't find out.

so its not just the immigrants causing the problem, its this culture in the uk that feels they have everything coming to them for doing nothing.

I've been working as a QS for 5 years now, effectively half way through my part time education and i only just last year cracked the 10k pay figure. yet if i quit my job and claimed benefits i would earn more...

justice? doesnt exist in britain...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:25 pm 
Wizard

This has shown up on FaceBook under worldwide.
At the very least we should try and conform here in the UK, its a start.

Don't buy gas on April 15th
15 April at 00:30
385,925 guests

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150414331685086

My 840 is like a hot stripper.
I just keep throwing money at her and hope that someday she will give me the ride of my life

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

RAJackson wrote:
A friend of mine does work for a letting agency, doing viewings and removals etc.

he was showing a woman a flat yesterday and she was telling him about all the benefits she receives

child allowance, jobseekers, housing, travel, DSS etc

but to make matters worse, she proceeded to discuss how she has three children, one is SLIGHTLY autistic so she gets an extra £200 a month, and one is about to hit puberty so she gets an extra £200 a month for that too.

then! she goes on to say her gran died recently leaving a small fortune to her, which she has in a separate account which is not in her name so the DSS people don't find out.

so its not just the immigrants causing the problem, its this culture in the uk that feels they have everything coming to them for doing nothing.
Very true and I've heard similar stories, where even THREE generations are 'playing' the system (all of which disgusts me) but at least in SOME cases, Brits 'MAY' have paid something in to the system previously, whereas immigrants haven't.

I've been working as a QS for 5 years now, effectively half way through my part time education and i only just last year cracked the 10k pay figure. yet if i quit my job and claimed benefits i would earn more...
Well this government 'claims' to be intending to rectify that and I desperately hope they do and a lot more as well. :yes:

justice? doesnt exist in britain...
How VERY TRUE and in many more ways than is dealt with in this thread, as Richard will testify. :x :x

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:32 am 
Learner

Awwwc'mon fellas, it aint all bad..... I mean who else, other than the Brits, could send a warship on a rescue mission, to a muslim country when the ship is named after a pork sausage?? Eh? Lol
I could rant about politics for hours and the social injustices inflicted upon us by the powers that be, but i wont.... Its not the countries fault, and in that sense I am a proud Englishman, im not a brit, im not a european, Im English.
The biggest problem we face is not the immigrants themselves, but the fact they send most of their money back home, its killing our economy. To stop the rot, thats what needs to be stopped, tax that at 99.9%, or a limit of £100/person and help refloat our economy!! Thats one point Gordon Brown had right, we have to spend our way out of this recession, put money in peoples pockets, keep businesses alive, volume of sales keeps prices down

Enough of all that... back to the nitrous eh? lol
Steve

Is it possible to own too many hammers????