NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: REVO update - updated 08.06.2012
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

Latest REVO news;

REVO results over the past 18 to 24 months have been outstanding, both in terms of performance and reliability.

We've also developed improved REVO assembly and testing techniques, to increase production to meet the growing demand, which have resulted in much quicker delivery times.

The consequence of the combination of the above, is that we're about to start offering a limited range of off the shelf REVO systems for certain applications, so please watch out for these making an appearance in a month or so.

The launch of these new systems will coincide with the launch of our ALL NEW & IMPROVED website.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: REVO update
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:20 am 
Learner

:yes: I look forward to it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Latest info on the REVO's is that we now have an improved 'style' (as shown below) and we now have the ultimate in closed loop position sensing;

We're also making good head way on the AWESOME ONE THOUSAND HP BILLET ALLOY REVO. :twisted:

I also hope to have the ALL NEW 1,000 HP Pro Mod REVO system in both CAD & finished fitted to a manifold formats, ready for post in a few weeks time. :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:27 am 
Learner

I can't wait to get mine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

I should have also mentioned that we've now got the additional option of CLOSED LOOP REVO feedback control for those that want/need it. 8)

If you compare the pics above to the original pics, you'll see the new alloy side plates extend past the end of the valve body (where the shaft is) and this is to house the ultra high tech position sensor, that we've had manufactured specifically for this purpose.

This was requested by a customer who has a Motec managed Outlaw Pro Mod car, which he wants to add EIGHT nitrous REVO's to and control INDIVIDUAL cylinder mixture via the feedback units telling the Motec how much nitrous was being delivered. The target power is FOUR THOUSAND HP EXTRA!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

Earlier today Ant assisted our first turbo car customer (with a MOTEC ECU) to set up his Max Extreme to control his REVO Pro-Series system, during a 3 hour dyno session.

Limiting the flow to 100 HP worth of nitrous, the car recorded the BIGGEST TORQUE & POWER INCREASES, that I've ever heard of, with a torque increase of 253 ftlbs and a power increase of 251 BHP

Now that's ASTONISHINGLY IMPRESSIVE ALONE but what allowed Ant to achieve such figures was the ACCURACY & ADJUSTABILITY that ONLY A REVO/MAX system can deliver.

Such independent & accurate adjustment of the fuel and nitrous could never be achieved by jet changing etc., even after WEEKS of dyno time but because the REVO/MAX settings can be quickly & easily adjusted in seconds, it was possible to achieve OPTIMUM results in no time at all.

This is yet another major advantage of a REVO system over ALL other options, that even I hadn't fully appreciated up to this point and as we use the REVO system more and more, I'm sure we'll discover yet more advantageous features, that it has to offer.

I think it would be a good idea to remind you of the most important features that the REVO has to offer;
1) Unlimited range of adjustment from ZERO to 100% delivery - even the best pulsed system can currently, only offer a range of 20 to 80% adjustment.
2) GENUINE power delivery, rather than AVERAGED power delivery - pulsed systems deliver burst of 100% flow that AVERAGES OUT at the chosen percentage, rather than delivering a constant flow of at the chosen percentage as the REVO does. The result is that a much higher power level can be delivered to an engine in a far more manageable manner with a REVO, than is possible with a pulsed system.
3) ACCURATE mixture control throughout THE ENTIRE progressive sector - even the best pulsed system is unable to maintain the levels of accuracy that the REVO can deliver.
4) A REVO system can weigh less than FIVE PERCENT of the weight of an alternative conventional staged kit.
5) In 'some' cases and more as time progresses, the total current draw of a REVO system, can be LESS THAN ONE PERCENT of an alternative conventional staged kit. This not only means lighter batteries but also simpler and lighter wiring.
6) A REVO system can 'PRIME' BOTH the fuel and the nitrous sides of the system, rather than JUST PURGING the nitrous line. By PRIMING BOTH THE FUEL & NITROUS, the system will IMMEDIATELY DELIVER DENSE nitrous liquid and MORE IMPORTANTLY DENSE (bubble and airlock FREE) FUEL, rather than VERY QUICKLY delivering DENSE nitrous liquid and BELATEDLY delivering fuel that's full of airlocks and bubbles until a few seconds after activation.
7) Ease and speed of adjustment to achieve OPTIMUM results, than could ever be possible from a kit that relies on jets for mixture control - as demonstrated in the opening statement of this report.

These are just the main benefits that spring to mind, ALL of which lead to lesser (but still very important), secondary advantages. Now ANY ONE of these main advantages above (never mind ALL of them), would be enough to relegate ALL other archaic kits to the garbage can, so its only a matter of TIME before that's where they'll ALL end up. :twisted: 8) :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: REVO update - 16.06.2011
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:59 am 

I am only spraying 300 hp, would those of us that spray less nitrous be able to see improvement over the X-10?

Using the Spider plate.

How much more is the Revo over the X-10. Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:13 pm 
Wizard

im only spraying a 100 will the revo system blow my diesel engine out the bonnet trev... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

Black Widow wrote:
I am only spraying 300 hp, would those of us that spray less nitrous be able to see improvement over the X-10?
In 99% of cases the answer is UNDOUBTEDLY 'YES' but to be 100% certain, we'd need to consider the way you currently use your system and what (if anything), your further targets are.

Using the Spider plate.
That would be fine and I'd like to hear more details of your car, system and results????

How much more is the Revo over the X-10. Thank you
That depends on what you already have, so again I need more details before I can give you a definitive answer. Regardless of the details, I can forewarn you that they are not cheap and you also need either a REVO Max upgrade (if you already have a Max) or you'd also need to buy a REVO Max, if you don't currently have a Max.

Please provide as much info as possible (as requested above) and I'd be happy to give you more definitive answers.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:52 pm 
Learner

To what degree do you find diminishing returns to be reduced when using REVO technology compared to solenoids (even your own)? Is there more power to be made from additional nitrous amounts when delivered with a REVO compared to a solenoid delivering an extra amount?

In other words, and just so my question is clear, if a 'conventional' solenoid system was adding 400hp and making 400hp above the NA power level and was then jetted for 500hp, in some (most?) cases, this system wouldn't show the full extra 100hp that the jetting would indicate. Aside from the density of the nitrous entering the intake, does the REVO have other benefits in this regard?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:08 pm 
Site Admin

I was wondering where you'd got to only the other day and then you just pop up again!!! :shock:

2rismo wrote:
To what degree do you find diminishing returns to be reduced when using REVO technology compared to solenoids (even your own)? Is there more power to be made from additional nitrous amounts when delivered with a REVO compared to a solenoid delivering an extra amount?

In other words, and just so my question is clear, if a 'conventional' solenoid system was adding 400hp and making 400hp above the NA power level and was then jetted for 500hp, in some (most?) cases, this system wouldn't show the full extra 100hp that the jetting would indicate. Aside from the density of the nitrous entering the intake, does the REVO have other benefits in this regard?

It's NOT possible to make a generalisation like that, as the outcome would depend on so many factors.
Furthermore, in this particular regard, the nitrous delivery system is not responsible for the outcome, IF EVERYTHING ELSE REMAINS CONSTANT.
What the REVO has shown in the above example, is that you can achieve OPTIMUM results, whereas that may not be possible with a conventional system and even if it was possible it was achieved much quicker using a REVO system. Since TIME is always in short supply and the lack of it is OFTEN the real cause of failures, ANYTHING that helps you achieve OPTIMUM results quicker and more easily has got to give you a MAJOR advantage. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:24 pm 
Learner

Always lurking, Trev. :)

Simpler one; Does the REVO deliver nitrous more densely than a pulsoid, thus making better use of the available open time of the intake valve, all else being equal?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:39 pm 

mgbv8 wrote:
Are you using a spider plate??
No, I have a NOS Fogger and NOS plate, going to replace with Spider plate

Maybe I've read your comment incorrectly. Are you spraying 300hp through a spider plate with normal pulsoids?
Will the Spider plate not able to spray 300hp?

If so! What engine is this fitted to?
489ci Big Block Chevy

How are you delivering this amount of nitrous into the spider plate? What controller do you have?
Going with the Max Extreme Race

How have you got your fuel system set up?
460 GPH fuel pump with regulators for each system

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:17 am 
Wizard

Black Widow wrote:
mgbv8 wrote:
Are you using a spider plate??
No, I have a NOS Fogger and NOS plate, going to replace with Spider plate

Maybe I've read your comment incorrectly. Are you spraying 300hp through a spider plate with normal pulsoids?

If so! What engine is this fitted to?
489ci Big Block Chevy

How are you delivering this amount of nitrous into the spider plate? What controller do you have?
Going with the Max Extreme Race

How have you got your fuel system set up?

OK!
I understand now. I thought you were saying that you already had a spider fitted and working.
I was going to pick your brains on how you set it up to work. :)

regards
Perry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:56 am 
Site Admin

2rismo wrote:
Always lurking, Trev. :)
It's about time you did more than just lurking. ;)

Simpler one; Does the REVO deliver nitrous more densely than a pulsoid, thus making better use of the available open time of the intake valve, all else being equal?
When used without a backup Pulsoid (which we only allow in certain applications), yes the nitrous will not only be denser but also higher flowing, as the flow path through a REVO is not just STRAIGHT but also benefits from a 'TOP SECRET TRICK' to eliminate turbulence and promote uninterrupted flow. :twisted:
However, when used with a backup Pulsoid the flow is much the same as a Pulsoid alone, which is still MUCH better than ANY other solenoid but still falls short of the REVO flow path.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Black Widow wrote:
Going to replace with Spider plate

489ci Big Block Chevy

Max Extreme Race

We've received your info via our Contacts page and will respond to that ASAP.
The Spider will flow in excess of 300 HP, so that'll be fine. All the above will work fine together using either Pulsoid or REVO systems.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

More and MORE REVO's being despatched to discerning customers every day now and I expect a few more to be ordered when more people become aware of these latest results;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6078

More results from use on HIGH END cars and bikes to follow as and when they are achieved. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:03 am 
Site Admin

Latest REVO results just in. :twisted: :twisted:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6107

More to come shortly. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: REVO update - 26.07.2011
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

Interesting data logs;

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6156

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:37 am 
Site Admin

Latest REVO results

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6166

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

More REVO results from this weekends events;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6107&p=76853#p76853

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:30 am 
Site Admin

We're well on our way towards offering the following REVO upgrades;

1) Position sensor that gives a 0 to 5 Volt output to link to an ECU etc. for dry use, accurate timing adjustments & data logging

2) Digital rather than analogue drive, for even more accurate and more responsive control

3) A 1,000 HP & a 2,000 HP version

All the above should be available to REVO customers before the start of 2012

For details of advances in our other products please take a look at the following thread;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6304

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: REVO update - 04.11.2011
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:58 am 
Site Admin

A brief update, ALL is going well and we should have the first DIGITAL CLOSED LOOP CONTROLLED REVO's, shipping out to select customers VERY SOON. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: REVO update - 04.11.2011
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

We're in the process of making further technical advances and design advances, so I thought I'd post some pics of the current REVO's which will then be followed by our latest designs and details ASAP;

Here's the existing all alloy cased REVO against a Pulsoid for size comparrison;

The next 2 are of the prototype position sensing version - production versions have black (rather than white sensor housing but I'm using these prototype pics, as it shows the sensor more clearly;

The final picture is the design we are currently working on but there may still be some minor changes as we approach production but we'll be launching an interim design over the next few weeks;

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: REVO update - updated 08.06.2012
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:49 am 

Hi :)

OOOOOHHHHH Blue.... I so like Blue things for my car :)

I mean those 4 black Revos I have are SO last year.....

All the best Brett :)