NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Brooklands Horse Power t/a (Minispeed2000 Ltd) Minispeed Ltd
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:59 pm 
Wizard

Is there anyone on here, who have had any dealings with, or information relating to this company, that they are willing to share, either on or off this forum?

My 840 is like a hot stripper.
I just keep throwing money at her and hope that someday she will give me the ride of my life

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

Last edited by BMW840 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Brooklands HorsePower trading as Minispeeed 2000 Ltd
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:09 pm 
Wizard

Minispeed rings a bell - dodgy wernt they? Had dodgy parts?

Fixing issues one support call at a time.......
AKA Blue / IT Rabbit Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:50 pm 
Wizard

OK guys this is why:

They broke 2 pulsoids during installation and refused to replace/repair them (Trev did at his cost)
Made such a mess, Trev had to re-do the engine part of the install
1st Time I tried to use it they, had left me with an empty bottle, once filled (at another agent) I realised it had been returned to me NOT working and it took WON a few hours to re-configure the controller.
2nd time it was activated, engine immediately failed. Fault proved to a blanking plug being sucked into the engine from the inlet manifold, where they had drilled incorrectly and plugged the hole.
3rd time I activated the system, engine failed with loss of compression to No.7 cylinder.

ALL the above was with just the base jets installed and the excuses from them were unbelieveable.

After the 3rd failure I refused to let them near my car again, but unfortunately there was already so much damage to the engine.

We even found a jubilee clip mangled around the valves of No.4 cylinder. Dispite our efforts, it finally gave up just 15 miles later.

The re-build you are reading about, in my other thread, is being done on the engine I got from a scrap yard, as my attempt to get justise on these cowboys through the court failed.

Here's the full history:

I am bringing Mr Sutton to court as the MD of MINISPEED2000 Ltd as there has been no offer of compensation, nor admission of any liability.

For the courts information, mediation has also been invited, but no response to date has been received from Mr Sutton.

Mr Sutton’s defences to date have been:

Sutton1 Car left premises in good working order.

Thompson1 I have raised three issues with MINISPEED2000 since collection of my vehicle on 28th January 2009. My first complaint was the very next day 29th January 2009, when I spotted the broken Pulsoids, which was ignored. This was the first breach of the Workshop Warranty. Next contact was the 9th Feb when quote “perfectly sound repair” of a sealing plug, failed. Next was 19th March when the car failed once again, when I was quoted an estimated £2000 by MINISPEED2000. Again my engine had failed during the period of the Workshop Warranty having less than 2 month pass and only 300 miles driven.

Sutton2 MINISPEED2000 claims that the N2O installation instructions were incorrect.

Thompson2 The installation instructions are quite clear and have been verified by the manufacturer/supplier. They are the same that are sent to ALL agents. On page 9 of the instructions it quite clearly states:

"Cross fire injectors are usually fitted to injected cars nearest to the throttle body or after the throttle body in the intake tube, plenum, etc"

MINISPEED2000 did NOT do so, they originally fitted a cross-fire injector at the farthest point. They then plugged off the incorrect hole with something and then had another go.

Sutton3 Car should never have had the N2O system, as vehicle is too old.

Thompson3 A strange statement as they were the experts that fitted the system. Surely if there was any real risk to the vehicle, MINISPEED2000 would have declined the work. I asked on two occasion’s prior to the work commencing (one being in person, so they could inspect the vehicle) that were they able to perform the installation. This suggests that the work was carried out, despite MINISPEED2000 believing of its imminent failure. Trevor Langfield states ” That comment is laughable as I've even had Vintage cars use my systems and the first engines I used nitrous one were older than yours. Age has NOTHING to do with the condition of the engine, in fact as the alloy material used for the piston work hardens, older pistons are stronger than new pistons”

Sutton4 The N2O system will exceed manufacturer’s tolerances.

Thompson4 A strange statement once again, as MINISPEED2000 are the experts that fitted the system and are agents of High Power Systems. Actually it does NOT exceed manufacturer’s tolerances. The power of the N2O system is totally controllable and was limited to an extra 50 BHP on this engine, until a period of stability had been reached. This stability was NEVER reached due to the above mentioned failures. This is the same engine block that BMW used in the M5 from 1998-2003 and that was tuned to 394 BHP. I have a statement from John Hazel, Engineer from Racing Dynamics of USA stating that: “A 50-100hp nitrous shot is safe on just about any motor as long as it is installed and tuned properly”. Also see statement from Trevor Langfield, designer of the N2O system.

Sutton5 We as a company do not warranty any race tuning equipment to cars especially ones that are over 10 years old.

Thompson5 Your own invoice state there is a 3 month or 3000 mile Workshop warranty on workshop/workmanship and mentions NOTHING about restriction to the warranty based on your statement above. I am claiming against the MINISPEED2000 workshop warranty, NOT against the equipment I asked MINISPEED2000 to fit. Please refer back to Thompson1.

Sutton6 We had also previously advised Mr. Thompson that the NOS installation was running slightly lean and that new jets were required to rectify this. We subsequently heard from the NOS manufacturers that Mr. Thompson had purchased parts to increase the power by a further 200BHP.

Thompson6 Yes, High Power Systems were indeed contacted and the next level of jets, were released to me, which would have taken it up to a total of 100BHP and NOT 200BHP as stated. But alas these were never used due to imminent engine failure.

Sutton7 Incident of 17th March - loss of compression to No.7 cylinder.

Thompson7 On the 19th March, Fox’s diagnosis was a suspected head gasket failure (I REPEAT SUSPECTED), which was subject to further investigation, so please stop referring to head gasket failure. You explained that you had indeed plugged No.4 inlet in error, but as it was No.7 that was now failing, the new problem was deemed by you as not your fault. You used this as your basis for walking away from the problem, quite literally. I was handed a box with my engine covers in, which I then replaced myself. You also stated that head gaskets were suspected. I asked for a quote, out of curiosity, so I knew what I was up against. You made no offer to honour your workmanship apart from quoting £2000 to do the job. It was at this point that I decided you would never touch my car again and NOT that I couldn’t afford the repair. Given the circumstances, I knew no better, and as the evidence at that time, was in your favour, I indeed apologised. Anyone, as common courtesy would have done so, as did I.

Sutton8 How can Mr. Thompson claim that the piston failure was due to debris passing through the engine. Could the failure not have been caused by the fact NOS was being used on a 10 year old car Mr. Thompson seems not to think so. Does a vehicle manufacturer offer warranty on new cars when NOS is fitted? ANSWER NO! Was Mr. Thompson’s engine rebuilt and uprated to take extra power? ANSWER NO!

Thompson8 Please refer back to Thompson4. The High Power Systems equipment did NOT cause engine failure. The Engine failed due to MINISPEED2000 negligence of drilling a hole incorrectly in the inlet manifold, (as admitted by MINISPEED2000) leaving a jubilee clip in the engine (independently witnessed by PRC MOT) and god only knows what else to No.7 cylinder (all that remained was a piece of plastic swarf). MINISPEED2000 also broke vital components to the installation and refused to replace them. I am NOT nor ever was asking for an engine warranty as my High Power Systems equipment is guaranteed for life anyway. What I did expect from MINISPEED2000 was a quality and sound installation, which this was not.

Sutton9 Mr. Thompsons car had done many miles after the installation and had been run in anger on our own rolling road.

Thompson9 The first failure on 29th Jan was after only 15 miles. The next failure on the 9th Feb was at 100 miles. The failure on 19th March was at 300 miles and final engine failure was at 350 miles. As for running in anger on your rolling road, this is a complete contradiction. You already stated you could NOT provide printouts as the wheels kept spinning and therefore could NOT provide anything of real accuracy. And yet I was still charged.

Sutton10 No jubilee clips were lost or replaced during the fitting of your kit at our premises. The item could have found its way into your engine over many years.

Thompson10 This statement is also untrue, as it would have been impossible to have completed the installation without the use of clips to attach the fuel feed to the NOS system. It was a fuel type clip that was found inside the engine and has been retained as proof. I have a written statement and signed photographs from Mr Paul Ritchens, who is also a qualified agent of NOS like MINISPEED2000 that a Jubilee Clip was found inside the engine. He was engaged as an independent witness to conduct an investigation into the continuous faults I was experiencing with the engine since MINISPEED2000’s installation.

MINISPEED 2000 Ltd are NO LONGER Agents of High Power Systems.
They have also (as of last week) been removed form the list of registered companies.
Mr James Sutton was also known to the Crown Prosecution Service.

Now you know the truth, spread the word.

I just keep throwing money at her and hope that someday she will give me the ride of my life

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

Last edited by BMW840 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:36 pm 
Wizard

ritchard did you by any chance visit a far off land and steal a native tribal artefact ,because your bloody cursed jeeeeeeez :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:42 pm 
Wizard

It might have something to do with me marrying and divorcing one of Satans daughters :omgrofl:

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:17 pm 
Wizard

BMW840 wrote:
It might have something to do with me marrying and divorcing one of Satans daughters :omgrofl:

dont even start me on women :beatstick:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:29 pm 
Wizard

At least you got expert info and suppport from Trev mate!
Its a damn shame that you have had to go through all this. I feel for you :(
Reading between the lines I guess that if this guy was already known to the court then he may well have had similar cases??
But the reasl pisser is the fact that your case is air tight, the court slaps orders on the guy and he just walks away and ignores the court??

It just smacks of the legal system being run by accountants.. Too much time and money to follow through on the one who walks away. Lets chase that pensioner who is late with his gas bill though, cos thats an easy target. It makes my blood boil :x

I suppose the guy has wrapped the firm so as not to have any liability. But I guess he will be trading under another name??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:53 pm 
Learner

What a bunch of arses! I hate the whole court room battle where they bring up the most absurd statements. I took my old boss to court and the stuff she said about me blew me away, but the judge saw through here and she got her comeuppance. :beatstick:

So it seems these cowboys where your bad luck, so it'll be good to see the back of them and that your new re-build will be drama free. :yes:

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:38 pm 
Wizard

I have totally lost my faith and respect of the legal system. This guy had 3 Court Orders issued against him, in my presense.
He simply ignored each one until the judge finally told ME I had to get more evidence and I could NOT re-use what I had previously presented. The expert witness statement was thrown out of court because he said he did NOT jointly instruct it and yet I was there when the judge made the order.

I always thought that these orders were the law and that if you didn't comply with then you were breaking the law and thus you were penalised for contempt of court. It seems to me that all you have to do is ignore them, which is what this guy has done and he has beaten the system.

I will NEVER use the law again :faroah:

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:56 pm 
Wizard

As I have nothing to lose, I have commenced a formal complaint against my local court via the London Head Office.
I don't hold much hope, as its gonna be like the Police investigating the Police, but you never know !!!!

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:54 pm 
Wizard

This will come as no surprise to Trev, as the first "Official" court response to my complaint of court malpractise, is nothing less than a "Fob off".
I complained to the court that they NEVER enforced any court orders against the defendant.
The court replied "There is no evidence that the loss was due to maladministration" :omgrofl:
My case against Guildford County Court continues.
The law is pathetic :tard:

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

I heard on the news that some county courts are going to be closed down and that it was a concern that justice would no longer get done. :evil:

We can only hope that they ALL get shut down, because at least we'd KNOW we weren't going to get any justice and wouldn't waste our time, effort and money TRYING TO GET IT from such a pathetic system that charges through the nose but only delivers SHIT.

If you get any joy I'll be AMAZED, because it's NOT that the court has done anything specifically ineptly in just your case, ITS THE ENTIRE SYSTEM THAT'S INEPT, so they wont see it or treat it as an individual screw up. :evil: :evil:

The way this bloody country is going it's going to take a major revolution to get justice where it belongs. If only the bloody idiots that are protesting inanely for student grants, were protesting over something worthwhile I'd be out there with them.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:07 pm 
Wizard

I'm with you Trev.
I have replied to their response with MUCH simpler questions, as I feel they are now "Arse covering".
My questions to the court are:

1. Who is responsible for enforcing court orders?
2. To whom shall I now complain?

A local reporter is very interested in my story and feels the public should know the truth

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

If you get the reporter on the job suggest that he could make this a National news piece as its rife everywhere and then refer him to me.

I'd love to see those all so pompous know it all judges get their just desserts. :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:47 pm 
Wizard

I told the court that "had I known they had no intention of enforcing their own court orders, I would NEVER have wasted my time and money".
They are definitely avoiding the issue.

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

EXACTLY!!!

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:12 am 
Wizard

Latest Update:

I contacted HSBC Bank, as his own solicitors advised me that the bank were selling off assets of the company to discharge liabilities to the Bank.
THE BANK HAS NO KNOWLEDGE OF THIS.
I have asked his solicitors to confirm the source of this information.

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

What the F***!?!?!?!?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:32 pm 
Wizard

Seems a bit Fishy to me Rich ???

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:33 pm 
Wizard

I just found this out:

Minispeed2000 Ltd was disolved on 13 July 2010 (right in the middle of my claim), but this was NEVER disclosed.
They now trade under Minispeed Ltd that was established 10 August 2009, from the same address, with ALL the same people.

I have a meeting with the court manager next week to discuss the case

Hope you're reading this Minispeed (Mr James Sutton MD), I'm coming after you AGAIN :twisted:

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph