NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: And there it was 2010 gone!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:32 am 
Wizard

The Skoda is now done for the year.
We had a pretty terrible year going slower than last year!

I have broken a few pistons and the last time out at the PPC Challenge did this

I have a copy of the write up. The quotes are wrong but I got more column inches than the winner! :omgrofl:
And so we had problems I was told over 40 signed on so we were even further from last and Steve in his 20 second Skoda still put on a good show.
Might have to get rid of this but its a scan I was given http://www.familywest.co.uk/ppc/ppc2010.pdf

I think Steve wants to go back next year and show them how its done - ALRIGHT! :wav:

Fixing issues one support call at a time.......
AKA Blue / IT Rabbit Image

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: And there it was 2010 gone!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:23 am 
Site Admin

Sorry to hear you didn't make the desired progress this year but hopefully you learned a good deal to rectify that for next year.

With regards to the piston damage, you need to retard the timing some more, as the cause is elevated and excessive peak combustion pressures, breaking the very weak cast ring lands, followed by the combustion running lean in that area due to drawing air through the crack.

Retarding the timing will reduce the peak pressure but allow you to raise the MEAN pressure, which will result in reliable performance improvements.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:11 pm 

Hi All :)

Actually this thread is a good idea....

Just a few lines from all of us on what we have done or accomplished in 2010.

So....

For me thanks to Trev and all at WON ...

I have taken 2 UK records......Porsche 928 1/4 mile record at 13.03 at 113 mph
...................................Porsche 928 Top Speed record at 208.10 mph

Neither would have been possible without HUGE support from Trev ,Janet, Ant , Dave and all at WON. :) :)

Aims for next year.....hmmm...a little unsure as yet....possibly a 12 on the 1/4 and 220 mph on Top Speed....

As usual it will be huge fun though thanks to WON....

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:45 pm 
Wizard

Never mind Stevie!!
The Skoda will be back out next season with a vengeance mate. I've got a box full of pistons even worse than that.
I've had many seasons where I've gone backwards while trying to bottom out wrong tuning adjustments and poor equipment that has let me down or caused damage. This year just happened to be one of those. I've had 2 seasons of pure joy up to now with ET's steadily creeping down. So not all bad really.

At least I managed to squeak back in the 10's a couple of times. And actually made 1-2mph more than last year even though I ran 1/2 a second slower. I'm hoping to start next year with a 130mph in the 10's. And then I can start working my way towards that 9.99 again :D

I'm still hapy that I've got this far on a stock engine / suspension and rear axle. And all I have stripped from the car interior is a seat :) And I still have all my glass which folk keep telling me to dump??

OK!! So I took the 8 track stereo out. But I fitted a second nitrous bottle which weighs more. And as far as I kow I'm still the quickest Rover powered MGB on the 1/4 mile anywhere in the world. I might get some logo's done like Brett as well so everyone will know that I'm claiming the World Title as well.. Why not eh 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:17 pm 

mgbv8 wrote:
Never mind Stevie!!
The Skoda will be back out next season with a vengeance mate. I've got a box full of pistons even worse than that.
I've had many seasons where I've gone backwards while trying to bottom out wrong tuning adjustments and poor equipment that has let me down or caused damage. This year just happened to be one of those. I've had 2 seasons of pure joy up to now with ET's steadily creeping down. So not all bad really.

At least I managed to squeak back in the 10's a couple of times. And actually made 1-2mph more than last year even though I ran 1/2 a second slower. I'm hoping to start next year with a 130mph in the 10's. And then I can start working my way towards that 9.99 again :D

I'm still hapy that I've got this far on a stock engine / suspension and rear axle. And all I have stripped from the car interior is a seat :) And I still have all my glass which folk keep telling me to dump??

OK!! So I took the 8 track stereo out. But I fitted a second nitrous bottle which weighs more. And as far as I kow I'm still the quickest Rover powered MGB on the 1/4 mile anywhere in the world. I might get some logo's done like Brett as well so everyone will know that I'm claiming the World Title as well.. Why not eh 8)

Hi PEL :)

The glass weighs a LOT....if mine was a track only car I would change it for Plexiglass for weight saving....try and find out how much all yours weighs in total...then make the decision...

The stickers are a very good idea.....the more advertising for both you and WON will pay off :)

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:27 pm 
Wizard

I dont want to remove the glass as its going back on the road at the end of next season for 6 months.
I just need to fit a new handbrake cable. Some road legal tyres on the back (sportsman pro wouild be nice) and put my front indicators back in. And decide whether I'm going to fit exhaust underneath or just chuck some sidewinders on??

Apart from the rubber bumpers being swapped for sebring spoilers and the passenger seat being removed for gas bottles its good for the road :)

And boy will I have fun going to a few MG and cruise meetings in the car :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:35 pm 
Wizard

mgbv8 wrote:
I dont want to remove the glass as its going back on the road at the end of next season for 6 months.
I just need to fit a new handbrake cable. Some road legal tyres on the back (sportsman pro wouild be nice) and put my front indicators back in. And decide whether I'm going to fit exhaust underneath or just chuck some sidewinders on??

Apart from the rubber bumpers being swapped for sebring spoilers and the passenger seat being removed for gas bottles its good for the road :)

And boy will I have fun going to a few MG and cruise meetings in the car :D :D

But will it be NOS road legally insured?

My 840 is like a hot stripper.
I just keep throwing money at her and hope that someday she will give me the ride of my life

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:41 pm 
Wizard

No point in going out skyline baiting if the nos aint legal Rich??

Thats why only 6 months. I dont want to waste track money on too much road use. I got me a 9 to find next year :D

In fact. I'd be happy with only 3 months if I could get insurance for that period.