NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Support your local Wizard
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:24 am 

Hi Trev
You know if i could be at your side to assist and deflect the unbelievable remarks made by alledged nitrous experts :shock: i would.
As you are aware I have followed the details and results of this trip via the forum, Now I know i've been out of racing for some time and that your products have advanced over that time effectively leaving me behind, however my common sense, background in automove engineering and the knowledge that the physics and chemistry of nitrous has not changed over that period can only support the fact that your achievements are both impressive and valid.
Its also typical of you (so does not suprise me) that you made this trip unaccompanied by someone to give you assistance and some personal support (twat) and leaves me more than a little frustrated that the best support i can give is in the form of an email
still my best regards are with you and i look forward to catching up on your return
:yes:
I'm also sure that my regards will be seconded by all those here at home
On a slightly different theme the remarks aimed at British Drag Racers and thier Machines both 2 and 4 wheeled by certain members posting on your forum :beatstick: will do nothing to improve relations between the 2 sides of the pond,I'm also positive that our 4 and 6 pot racers who run sub 10 second 1/4s
(thats 1/4s not 1/8s) in legal street trim probably feel the same as I about those remarks

(I have no intention of becoming involved in a slanging match with Any individuals this is my opinion which again im sure is also that of many others)
best regards
Your Oldmate
Steve

Ok guys as i've already said Support your local wizard Some more messages of belief and support will go a long way to make what must be a frustrating time more bearable

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Support your local Wizard
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:45 am 
Wizard

Determined and unphased. Keep the WON flag flying.
Trev was so close to having my company, local knowledge and assistance in Florida, our plans were just one month out.

My 840 is like a hot stripper.
I just keep throwing money at her and hope that someday she will give me the ride of my life

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:20 am 

BMW840 wrote:
Determined and unphased. Keep the WON flag flying.
:yes:
Trev was so close to having my company, local knowledge and assistance in Florida, our plans were just one month out.

Thats a real shame fella im sure he could do with it right now

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:20 am 
Wizard

He has my full support, his straight talking sometimes makes me cringe..........but having met him on a number of occassions I am in the position that can see that he is speaking with passion and whilst this is his business it is also his hobby! He could have sold out a long time ago and lived quite happily and comfortably. He is one of the few businesses that I know that doesn't fit this model:

What does (XYZ) make?
MONEY!

Now this is not to say that he is not successful, but he is truly interested in finding the boundaries and moving them by force! Some people cant handle this, but consider the average nitrous kit today compared to that of 30 years ago......no R&D at all, still selling essentially the same system. I hear cries of 'if it aint broke dont fix it' but the fact is that it is broken, most nitrous kits are primitive, Trev is trying almost single handedly to make the same sort of leap as from carbs to fuel injection. For that he deserves a huge amount of respect, but all he gets is shit! Again, this could be due to his manner........but you dont have to like the man to appreciate his superior products and drive to move the nitrous world out of the dark ages!

Now, consider this all you haters. Trev is someone that had a vision and his business has been built around that vision. If you truly believe that you can do better ditch your big brand kits and develop your own system using your own cash bring it to the table and see how you stack up. What you may fail to realise is that WON is a very very small company with just a handful of staff with no huge company to hide behind. He does not benefit from a funded R&D program, he doesn't benefit from a multinational advertising and marketing department and he is based on a little island far away from the majority of the maket. He himself has travelled to the States to demonstrate his products and is enduring a gruelling schedule for an old man ;) Show me the head of any other nitrous company doing this himself. They will all be exec big wigs that have never turned a spanner!

Again I will point out Trev and I had a bumpy start, but even I can appreciate the huge effort he is putting in to ensure that the world wakes up just in time for him to hand the company over to me................oh hold on :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:33 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the support and awareness of my principles and my effort to drag nitrous technology out of the dark ages, despite the entrenched resistance of US nitrous companies who want to keep it where its been for the past 30+ years because it saves them spending their profit on R&D.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:55 pm 
Wizard

I've said it before, and I'll say it again!!!

Trev may only have one leg. But he has an extra ball to make up for it. That wasnt what I said, I just made that up. What I said way back when, was that Trev must feel like that old bloke who many moons ago stood up in front of everyone and said. "I say chaps, you do know that the world is actually round, and not flat as you all think it is" :rofl:

The man has the courage of his convictions to go half way around the globe and step up to the plate (no pun intended) to show folk just what his stuff can do. And I still refer back to my NOS days when I was trying to get accurate advice from UK NOS agents about how to set up my weak ass 215CI engine. The response from UK NOS suppliers was "dont run more than 75hp of nos on that engine". The response from several emails to NOS tech dept was...diddly squat, zip, nothing.
This was seeing my weak ass ride dropping form high 16's to high 14's on the strip over 3 years. I still remember the day I hit a 14.8 on the 1/4 :) This was a real high for me, and it was what I thought was the peak performance from my old engine.

Then I found Trev by accident??
So I try the customer advice thing. I had the man calling me at 1am before a race day to advise me because he had picked up my answerphone message for help at 11pm on a Saturday night???
The advice was good. But the wife wasnt happy that I had broke off from a horizontal folk dance to talk Nitrous :rofl: :beatstick: :rofl:

One year later I had my little 3500cc setup with WON and was hitting regular 12.4's on the strip :D
Then we went to York where I met Trev in person. After looking at what I'd been doing Trev offered advice on how to more effectivley jet the engine. Well, his actual comment was along the lines of "stop fucking around, stick these jets in and go have fun". Then I went and ran my first ever 11.5 :)
This was when I decided to buy Trevs book instead of borrowing a mates book!!

2 years later I'm still running a basic secondhand system from WON (albeit with the parts having been serviced at Doncaster HQ) on my 100,000 mile 280CI / 4600cc engine. And I'm now hitting mid 10's with only 240hp of gas. And Trev reckons I'll see a 9 second pass soon with his advice. A bit of background on my current "RACE" engine. Its an old smoker thats never been rebored. I've melted 7 pistons and cracked 3 more in the last 2 years. It has 4 damaged liners that have ally scars melted into them. It has compressions ranging from 150psi to 90psi, and it still runs 10's?? (I'm on a low budget)

The only non stock part is the new forged pistons which I fitted 18 months ago. So I'm now ready with my new Spidey setup to find that 9.99 second pass mate!

So I for one hope that Trevs efforts in the USA yield some positive results. If it does he may consider installing a Green Room at WON HQ with comfy sofa's and a free coffee machine :rofl:

Big up Trev. You are the small UK Salmon swimming against the USA flow to hopefully get to the spawning ground where you will spread your seed and pass your nitrous DNA into the big ocean that is racing..

Blimey!!
That was a bit deep for me eh?

Anyway!
I hope that 2010 is the year that it all happens for you and WON mate. Keep up the good work.

PS
Can I get 2 free 300 jets please :bounce: