NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Santapod Aug 16th 2008 WON day out. Take 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:12 pm 
Wizard

I'm going to have another go on August 16th Guys.

This time I should have done the static tests again from 50hp, and be ready to actually run the 150 shot I thought I was running at York and the Pod last Saturday :shock:

Its just a RWYB day for cars and Bikes. Unless of course you have a Bike and are from Essex. In this case, you will not only need your driving license to sign on to race. You will also need your passport for entry into the county :D
Unless you can qualify for the Bikers Bum award by showing a photo of you displaying a good amount of Arse Cleavage from York... :D :D
You know what?? I think Tezz may just get in on that basis. You up for another go Terence???

If you drive a Capri and are called DAVE, you will only need to show a race trophy to get VIP entry to the track. Which includes free beverages from the Truck Stop cafe. AKA, the kettle next to my motor.

I think this time I'll stick a couple of chuck away BBQ's in the motor and bring a sack of rolls, bangers and burgers too.
Who wants to pay 4 quid for a burger when you can have one for free from the MGBV8 country kitchen. Blades of grass on the burgers are optional By the way.

I cant put the gazebo up, cos it got blown down last weekend.
For general RWYB info for the day see here:
http://www.rwyb.co.uk/

Any takers ???

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: Santapod Aug 16th 2008 WON day out. Take 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:09 pm 
Wizard

I may just be there and dont fucking call me terence :evil: :evil: , was hoping to have bike sorted by then shifter and another 2.5 lbs bottle but family mean i will run bike as it was at york but yes ill mark it down and if kids allow me out for day should be cool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:56 pm 
Learner

Ill be there perry on the 15 16 17 and it will also be my first weekend on gas, So see you there. Cheers Phill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:02 pm 
Wizard

""dont fucking call me terence ""

He He Tezz...
Sounds a bit like your Mum talking to you when you are in the Doghouse eh mate :D

My Mum always used to call me by my full name when I was in the shit too. Did you know that "Perry" is short for "oi you four eyed twat"??

Phil
look out for a Black MGB GT. That should be me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:51 am 
Learner

Hi perry i know i saw you , albeit very briefly this time and spoke to you. heres a good pic i got, cheers phill

Attachments:
santa pod retro show 5th 6 08 392.JPG
santa pod retro show 5th 6 08 392.JPG [ 102.38 KiB | Viewed 13408 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:32 pm 
Wizard

Good pic there Phil.Thanks.

What will you be driving? Dont forget to make sure you tell me you are Pip from WON Forum mate. Maybe Trev should start doing WON member enamel pin badges eh? Or Baseball caps and hats. Do you do Hats Trev?
I might have a word with my local firm that does this stuff and see if I can get a baseball cap done for me and my boy.

Teren.....sorry, Tezz. Would be good if you could make it dude. I like to watch you race the Crotch Rocket :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:46 pm 
Wizard

will Try M8 no prommies tho , no trailer for bike , kids not allowed on bike :( :( and i did prommis i would stop with bike for a bit , LOL he says as he constructs brackets and parts in secret :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:55 pm 
Learner

Ill be driving a peugeot 205, this one.......

I chatted to you before the track was open outside the sighning in office by your car, Im scruffy looking lol with an american nos top hoodie that says throttle in a bottle on the back (Please dont kick me off trev but you need to make some cool merchandice like this)
Hope fully you will be able to have a look over my set up before i do my first run. Cheers Phill

Attachments:
DSC00439.JPG
DSC00439.JPG [ 42.67 KiB | Viewed 13373 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:44 pm 
Wizard

PIP..Duude !!
I'm a big Pug 205 fan. But I dont have one now. My last one was Black too...
I dont think I'll miss yours though. It looks like a fucking nutter mate...I dont care if it goes quick, I just want one like that :D Please tell me the back wheels are thinner than the fronts? That would look cool...Cos it would look odd...
Have you done a static test on the nitrous yet?
What shot are you intending to run?
Do you have a bottle heater?
what controller are you using?

I'm only a newbie on WON systems but I know enough to get me by. With a bit of luck, "TERENCE" may get there on his hairdryer to call me a Geriatric, Grey Haired, Blind, Incontinent Old Kant again :rofl: ...But he is from Essex so you will have to excuse the old duffer :) :)

He's a nice bloke, but he is two wheels short of a proper ride so we make allowances for him. We used to think his Bike was "special tune" but we now know its more "Special needs" :rofl: :beatstick: :rofl:

Please make it over Tezz. I need some encouragement like I got from Trev at York. When I danced over to him doing a Salsa and waving my 11.56 slip at him (bearing in ind I've been trying for a sub 12 for over a year) I was on cloud 9....I was expecting a "well done" but what did I get?
I'll tell ya what I got from Trev...I got "11.56, your just playing at it man, get that car back out and run some proper numbers"

I'm sure Tezz will offer the same type of kind words like. "stop titting around and get a 10.99 ya old Kant Wanker" :D :D

He loves me really, cos I does the brew ups eh Tezzer....

Perry (Grey Old Kant)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:28 pm 
Learner

Hi perry, So many questions lol. The back wheels are two nice thin steelies ;) I wont be starting with thos wheels but they will be going on at some point as im there for the 3 days. Ive got a bottle heater and a minimax and trev has said that hes seen these peugeot engines fail with not a lot of noz so im sticking with 50hp jets. Late on sunday and depending how everything is going it would be rude not to try and go up a level but everything has to of been perfect for me to think about trying it. I really hope i do see you and tezz there. Im already praying the weather is nice because it was febuary the car last run and since then ive put in a lot of time on this car. Roll on august. Cheers perry
Phill

A vid from febuary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKuFE7cJPU

And one to see the differance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFLzfpg0fMs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:45 pm 
Wizard

swwweeeeet a trophy owners area :D
this would be cool, need a bit of fun :)
news on capri, nothing, narda, bugger all :( apart from cutting some metal, and looking for a new front valance (£380!!!)
things starting to chill at home a bit now, reckon i might get a day in the garage this weekend
put me down for a cuppa tea :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:57 pm 
Learner

Im not going to be able to make this now, I want to make sure everything is right and also ive just bought a big bottle from nitrous oxide supplies which has left me a bit short. If i win the lottery ill be there, it looks like november now for flame and thunder. I may still just turn up to watch though as ive got the thursday and friday already booked off now. So ill make myself known this time. Cheers Phill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:26 am 
Wizard

No probs mate.
I was going to do USC this Sunday but I've knacked my diff. So I'll be getting that done instead now.
Moo!! You going to have a look in??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:08 pm 
Wizard

mgbv8 wrote:
Moo!! You going to have a look in??

i reckon so, ive got a 11lb bottle full of gas, new ignition system, and halfish made anti-tramp bars :)
measured up and drilled some steel for new droplinks to lift the rear end up, just need to pickup some imperial bolts this week
then the big wheels will finally fit on, extended studs already fitted

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:11 pm 
Wizard

Well!!
I never got below 11.90 but it was a good day out. I hooked up with a lot of old chums who I didn't even know where coming. Especially the man who ate all the pies!! You know who you are dude :D Sorry I didnt have any jets the right size though.
And as Moo didnt make it, I found a new "Dave" with a 5 litre Ford V8 in his Capri to talk to. But he was a Pod Virgin and needed a few tips to help his times. Bloody nice chap though.

Eddie Willmot with his CRX and WON Stuff got down to 12.4's which is great news.

I had a good chat with the Black dude with the Black Honda with Trevs system fitted. I only recognised him because he was the guy with the vacuum line or vent pipe issue at our day out in York that Trev was looking into. Both his doors are battered to hell and he has adverts for a body shop and insurance companies on his car. I forgot to get his name though.

I haven't got a clue as to why my car didn't get below 11.9 though. There was one hell of a headwind mind.
I wasnt really bothered about times as it happens. I just wanted to make sure that the problem at York had gone away.

I did static testing on a 50 shot and it was spot on. I repeated the test 5 times. I had the minimax set to 2 seconds.
Each time it fluttered a bit during the build time then went way up to the red line very fast and smooth as soon as the pullsoids were open fully.
In fact, it got to 6000 rpm so quick that my tacho on the strobe couldnt quite keep up.
The runs where I got grip were all very smooth.

Still running a bit rich though. So I dropped my fuel pressure by 1 psi.

The car was absolutely mental off the line with this welded diff. Very much a slippy slidey type of drive off the line with the tail end gently moving from side to side. But there is no way I would drive the car on the road with the diff setup like this. Its a really scary drive when you turn the wheel more than half a turn. I had to drive in the right lane all day because the steering was so tight I couldn't make the sharp left out the exit gate from the left lane. I'd Rather give Tezz a big wet Frenchy than drive my car on the road with a fully welded and locked diff. And God knows he has asked often enough :D :D

The weather held out ok as well which was the big bonus. But so many lane closures today meant I only got 6 runs in.
I now have nagging doubts about AFR's etc. But my narrow band AFR sensors have been shagged by contamination from melting pistons.
If I decide to splash out on wide band units, will the sensors last longer than these??
Could I fit one gauge and wire the sensors though a change over switch ?
Is there any way I could log AFR's from one of these meters??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:39 pm 
Wizard

duuuuuude, sounds like you found a better capri :D
did it sport normal levels of rust? or weight reduction ;)

picked up the nos kit and traded in some 5lbers
all ready now, will be fitting the twin pairs of pulsoids when the mallory gear is running 8)

btw i asked ant about mosfets, have a word cuz there are won mosfets waiting for your minimax and pulsoids :yes:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like a good day was had by all. 8)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:24 am 
Learner

mgbv8 wrote:
Well!!
Eddie Willmot with his CRX and WON Stuff got down to 12.4's which is great news.

That was without the gas (nitrous fuel map is used to fine tune on gas) & on low boost (7.5psi) as the new engine needs bigger injectors than the 515cc's in at the moment!

mgbv8 wrote:
I had a good chat with the Black dude with the Black Honda with Trevs system fitted. I only recognised him because he was the guy with the vacuum line or vent pipe issue at our day out in York that Trev was looking into. Both his doors are battered to hell and he has adverts for a body shop and insurance companies on his car. I forgot to get his name though.

That would be Erol the doors are fiberglass they just look like they where made in the dark in a rush :P

BillB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

Anyone know how Erol did as I sorted the mixture for him at York and he's now using the system to improve his performances?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:43 pm 
Wizard

I never saw Erol run, but I did chat to him about a problem he was having with his front tyres. I think his burnouts must be pretty wild as the drivers side tyres seems to balloon out and has rubbed part of his wing away :shock:
It hasnt happened on the passenger side he thinks due to the weight of him making the drivers side a tad lower.

OH yes!! Mark did sday Ed was off gas. Bloody Hell, she's gonna fly this year. Ed's going to overtake me now :shock:
Time to get Mr Willmot and Mr eley to sort me out with a bit of tuning help.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:32 pm 
Learner

Hey everyone, nice to meet you again perry and yes i ate all the pies lol. Ended up after my second day playing with nitrous for the very first time with a 13.9. 14.7 was the fastest i could manage without nitrous this weekend. Will do a better write up on my thread so I dont hi jack this one. Too say i was happy is an understatement. Thank you so much the "wizards of noz".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:13 pm 
Wizard

Well done Pip...Good innit :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:19 am 
Wizard

Looks like you all had fun :-) sorry i missed it but life got inway of my fun have to sort that 1st , but i still have bike and if that old kant perry ever manages to get close to the time of a proper nitrous propelled vechical ( 2 wheels) i may just bring it out for a play :-)

Be safe lads have fun

Tezz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:28 pm 
Wizard

Hey Tezz!!
I was wondering where you had got to mate. We were just about to send out a search party :D

I'm taking my old shag wagon/ MG fanny magnet to a dyno day on Saturday to see how the new engine is really doing. You going to come out to play later in the year??

Pel (old kant)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:46 am 
Wizard

Dont know on bike yet for rest of year , been told to stay of bike for a bit :( :( for my own saftey not that that ever worried me but kids kind of worry and i had to prommis to behave :-( , but i do have a 1.5 vtec honda that might just get nitroused lol , will try and hook up with ya soon perry if not on bike then ill come be pit crew :D