NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: WON event at York June 15th 2008
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:22 am 
Wizard

LOL thats twice ya mention Rocket Moo ya trying to tell me something :-) Hmmm what did you say was the mix for rocket fuel :twisted: :twisted:

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:32 am 
Learner

xxdrac wrote:
LOL you should try 200 bhp with a contact patch of rubber to tarmac of about matchbox and less on front

see ya sunday Scott

Yeh, got respect for you I imagine bike with Nitrous to be a serious adrenalin kick!!! I think i'll stick to my 235*17's rears plenty of rubber contacting floor & torque diff to just stop it spinning indefiniatly!!!

Cheers see ya Sunday! Still working out plan for Saturday, gotta get engine mount fitted...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:08 pm 
Wizard

i reckon stuff ya full of beans ala blazing saddles :D
then light your arse :violent3:
the mixture for rocket fuel is nos and propane ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:18 pm 
Wizard

LOL i could eat the beans and drink the nitros and fit an Acropovic exhaust to me arse with a flamer kit in end and attached to me coils , do you think i would need a progresive controler :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:13 pm 

xxdrac,
You sound like you're ready to go on Sunday!
Not looking so lucky for the Fury - after an excellent 1,000 mile trip to a rally in France last weekend (where I also got totally drenched in the storms), I decided to heat up the bottle in the sun yesterday and refine the standing starts. They're not so easy in bike-engined car as you can probably guess and I didn't want to be a complete muppet at York! Well, it's true - a warm bottle make the whole thing sooo much more fun :cyclops:
I enjoyed myself so much that I have cooked the clutch. Probably turned the oil to a nice grinding paste. So it'll be learn to do a clutch time, better springs for future hikes in power, but no playing at York.

Oh well....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:33 pm 
Wizard

xxdrac wrote:
LOL i could eat the beans and drink the nitros and fit an Acropovic exhaust to me arse with a flamer kit in end and attached to me coils , do you think i would need a progresive controler :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

squeeze or push :omgrofl: :omgrofl: :omgrofl: :omgrofl: :omgrofl: :omgrofl:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:16 pm 
Wizard

You want rocket fuel Tezz??

A good portion of my mother in laws bubble and squeak made with industrial strength (Leftover Xmas) brussel sprouts, + a shot of fried onions and fried beans stirred in will do the job. Add a big rhubarb crumble and custard for pudding and you are sorted. We will just need a 20 foot match to light you up so we dont get caught in the blast.

Or you could just let me fart in your tank on Boxing day :D :D

Only joking mate. I'm sure the hairdryer will run very well on Sunday.... If I attach a tow rope to you from my MG :beatstick:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:54 pm 
Wizard

Just40in wrote:
xxdrac,
You sound like you're ready to go on Sunday!
Not looking so lucky for the Fury - after an excellent 1,000 mile trip to a rally in France last weekend (where I also got totally drenched in the storms), I decided to heat up the bottle in the sun yesterday and refine the standing starts. They're not so easy in bike-engined car as you can probably guess and I didn't want to be a complete muppet at York! Well, it's true - a warm bottle make the whole thing sooo much more fun :cyclops:
I enjoyed myself so much that I have cooked the clutch. Probably turned the oil to a nice grinding paste. So it'll be learn to do a clutch time, better springs for future hikes in power, but no playing at York.

Oh well....

Dam was looking forward to seeing it run M8 , clutch yes , i uprated mine added another spring ontop of my old one its a diaphrame type , so infact doubled up the pressuer , i fitted New OEM plates and steels always been told OEM best and i run semi oil not fully synth , but would spin the feker up on a single hit if i used it in 2 low a gear , the progresive controler sorted that and a new clutch , only other option is a lock up but they do take a bit of setting up and carfull usage on road

I did check with barnet on the clutch plates and they recon 170-180 very max on there plates

I belive APE do an extra plate set and stronger springs for your bike engin , ive never used an APE clutch altho i know a few who have on same bike as mine and got good results and i might give them a go next time

Yes LOL a warm bottle really dose make one hell of a difference , just make sure ya do a quick staic test at 950 psi if you did not set it up at that pressuer

Hope ya back on road soon M8

Tezz

Last edited by Tezz on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:56 pm 
Wizard

mgbv8 wrote:
You want rocket fuel Tezz??

A good portion of my mother in laws bubble and squeak made with industrial strength (Leftover Xmas) brussel sprouts, + a shot of fried onions and fried beans stirred in will do the job. Add a big rhubarb crumble and custard for pudding and you are sorted. We will just need a 20 foot match to light you up so we dont get caught in the blast.

Or you could just let me fart in your tank on Boxing day :D :D

Only joking mate. I'm sure the hairdryer will run very well on Sunday.... If I attach a tow rope to you from my MG :beatstick:

FFS perry now i know i have a proper form or transport, and understand your emmbaresment but ffs i anit towing you down strip so you can look good on WON day :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:20 am 
Wizard

i find good sage and onion stuffing works a treat ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:48 am 
Wizard

weather had better change FFS :( :( , we got server weather warnings down this way , who the feck said global warming is happening :? :?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

It's looking to be cool but mainly dry for our area and York usually has the best weather in the area, so I'd expect it to turn out to be a nice day for racing, much better than being sat in leathers or a race suit in the heat of a hot day.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:29 pm 
Wizard

i say let the bugger sweat while were in Tshirts and shorts :rofl:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:27 pm 
Wizard

Moo lol go bleep bleep ya self :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yes cool is good bike run better 8) with boost top up :mrgreen: dont mind it not being hot , if it looks like a few showers ill dig me waterproofs out for ride , but i anit doing no feking thunderstorm to york been there done that not a happy time

LOL anyone know how quick ya can fit an SSB75 to a 1.5 vetec honda :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:00 pm 
Wizard

Dont worry if it rains Tezz. We can spray some super hold Gel on the back tyre of the hairdryer mate :D

I thought at your age that you always wore water proof pants anyway... :rofl:

I got me tyres on tonight...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:32 pm 
Wizard

Do they have a track dryer at york ????

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

I'd like to bet it doesn't rain at York, no matter what else is happening elsewhere.

No track dryer but if it gets wet they just run all the cars up and down the track till its dry and they also have a wet weather launch pad, so it doesn't have to be 100% dry to race at least on 4 wheels.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:07 pm 
Wizard

4 wheels lol im missing 2 then , no im leaving for peterbourgh sat morning and solong as its 50/50 chance of a few runs ill leave there at 7am sunday :shock: :shock: for york , once ive check timing with perry want a few runs then may drop me start power and fit the 100bhp jets but ill see how track is and if i can find velcro for me gloves and arse :twisted: :twisted:

LOL do you know how feking amzing it is ya can add 100 bhp to an NA engin with no mods !!!! iv said this before but still makes me grin

Respect

Tezz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:37 pm 

Hi All :)

Sorry but I cannot make York as a family problem has come up and I have to be elsewhere :(

Next time I hope....

Have a great time...even those on 2 wheels lol :)

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:59 am 
Learner

Brett,

You gotta make it, just bring the family then it wont be a problem! There are only so many events in a year...

Cars getting there solowly added the stickers last night see below... I'm sure they will make it go faster!!!

Gotta sort engine mount tomorrow AM so will probably set off 7:30am Sunday but would have liked a refill beforehand. New Iridium plugs arn't behaving on drive to work, over fuelling is causing em not to fire at low RPM on initial pulse of throttle but there bloody fantastic higher up rev range :) Tempted to reduce gap a tad to .9mm

No V-Power :-( damn !!!

Anyway till Sunday....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:10 pm 
Wizard

scot im not a fan of the irdiums , 1 cost , 2 i found no difference at all , bikes seam more sensative to changes and iv read quite a few post of people fitting these bike run like shit put old plugs back in problem gose away , i mean more than one or 2 bikes , unless some one proves to me on a dyno side by side the plugs are better ill stick with me standards and just change more offen as i get 4 full set of standard for 1 set of iridums , but then any plug is only as good as the ignition/leads it attached to

but then i know people that swear by them , Me sorry i found no difference what so ever on or off gas

But i do notice a difference when i fit same plugs i have in that are new when i 1st fit them theres a small difference

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:14 pm 

Hi Scott :)

The family problem involves a funeral, so cannot get out of it I am afraid...:(

You all have a good time, and that gap sounds too big to me for Nitrous...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:17 pm 
Wizard

Brett928S2 wrote:
Hi Scott :)

The family problem involves a funeral, so cannot get out of it I am afraid...:(

You all have a good time, and that gap sounds too big to me for Nitrous...

sorry to hear that brett ,, i had me spanners packed ya would not of missed the odd pulsiod :twisted: :twisted: , hope all gose well and catch ya on the black top next time M8

Respect

Tezz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:53 pm 
Wizard

can someone remind me what the prices are please :)
is entry per person or car?
ive got some recollection of £10per person and £20 to run

made a new thermostat housing gaskit and warmed her up, no leaks
id fitted a new thermostat so i reckon it had jammed, not put one so cooler running and less hastle

the bug catcher on the trailer yet perry?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:01 pm 
Wizard

Moo!!

Just had a call from my mate who's trailer I use. He just spanked it and knacked a wheel and tyre :shock: :shock:

He is going to drag it round in the morning so we can sort the damage and fit a new wheel and tyre (I hope).

I had mine running for 20 mins earlier (as you heard on the phone). Good oil pressure, all up to temp with no leaks visible. So its looking good. Slight vibration at 4000 rpm ???

I've got 9 minor jobs on the list to finish, and I may even be able to wash it before I leave at 4pm the morra.

Still messing about with tweaking the tps bracket and setting the throttle cable stroke.

I'll finish what i need to at the track if it comes to it.

See you lot on Sunday :D :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next