NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Education for life - next book title
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:51 am 
Site Admin

I was roughing out details for my next book when something struck me.
Here I am educating the masses (in particular young guys) on the relatively unimportant subject of nitrous, when I could be using my position to inform them on much more important matters, like life itself.

It then struck me that a good percentage of the guys on this forum are smarter than the average bear and many have a great deal of life's experiences under their belts.

With all the above in mind I decided to start this thread to pass on the gems of wisdom I've picked up over the years to anyone who thinks they are worth taking note of and I'm inviting ALL you guys to participate.

When I do eventually write the book, I'll give credit to anyone who posts a gem I've not considered, but in the meantime I hope we can compile a thread that will benefit the likes of the lad I was, when I was just 14 years old (that is to say the lads that think they know it all), when in fact I realise even now (every time I'm given advice), that I know very little.

So that's my first gem;

1) If you think you know it all, be assured YOU DON'T and you NEVER WILL!!!!

Now I could post pages of stuff myself but I want to get you guys involved and I want to make this a really useful thread for anyone with the sense to appreciate it.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:53 am 

2) Dont ever take a loved one for granted

cult member#4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:31 am 

Hi :)

Interesting story from my youth...

I was 18 and on leave from the Army....and very pretty I looked too in my best uniform and red beret :)

I was in London and a guy from a magazine who had a photographer with him asked if I wanted to earn £50.....it was near the end of my leave and I was fairly broke.... so I said how ??
He said...I want you to ask 20 of the prettiest girls you can find one question...
The question was.......will you F*** me now......I didnt realise until later...it was for a mens magazine...

Anyway...I agreed ....and the result was 18 Nos...and 2 Yes.... :o

The point of this story was.....

Dont be shy and use the laws of averages......worked for me for years :)

All the best Brett :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for, so come on guys you'll ALL be able to contribute to this, let's see if we can get together the largest most useful list of advice for young men ever compiled. :D

Those relating to how best to deal with women would be most useful, as even us old guys still have trouble with that.

My next are;

1) When you're in a relationship with a woman, look very hard at what you do and try to put yourself in her position to see how it affects her. It's my belief that most (if not all) men are selfish (without realising it in most cases) and you'll have a better relationship if you keep that under control and to a minimum.

2) There is no substitute for experience but have confidence in your own abilities no matter how young you are.

Over to you guys.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:45 pm 

One has always stuck in my head that I read in a martial arts book when I was a young kid.

"It's better to be embarrassed for a moment than ignorant for life".

Refers to speaking up no matter how silling you think the question is. There is no shame in not knowing basically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:08 pm 
Learner

Rather than learn from your own mistakes, learn from other peoples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:24 pm 
Learner

im 23 i already know everything there is to know.

one thing ive learned the hard way too many times is watch out for #1(you) at all times...noone else is regardless of what they tell you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:29 pm 
Learner

oh and dont take life too seriously, noone gets out alive anyway :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:23 pm 
Site Admin

All very good advice, so let's keep them rolling.

You can post as many as you like, remember I've got a book to fill and I want it to be bigger than the size of a postage stamp.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:57 am 

Another one...but dont know how "adult" Trev will allow this to be...so will be tactful...

I have only ever met 2 truly multiply orgasmic women in my long love life :)

By Truly I mean...will orgasm constantly AND endlessly...(one orgasmed 79 times in 6 hours and 15 minutes - I counted lol)

Soooo...

1, Genuine multiply orgasmic women are EXTREMELY RARE...no matter what THEY tell you,,,,:)

2, For what its worth...even though they were years apart and in totally different countries.......they BOTH rubbed their noses with the back of their hands when aroused in public.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:03 am 
Learner

hahaha @ brett.

My comments are mostly business/work related.

One thing I have to say is never give up when facing massive opposition, even more important when you know what your doing is beginning to show results. Many people don't like to see the success of others, those are usually the most vocal/bitchy, christ I'm only 26 and get so much of this, when I'm trying to explain how to use and the limitations of ECU systems etc. At the same time you'll end up with a silent majority who not so vocal will believe and respect your achievements, in the long run these people are the ones who count.

Always work towards the long term. This is always harder than the short term but makes the future more easy and stable, as well as successful.

Finally one I have begun to learn is in business don't go into/consider a partnership because your afraid to do so alone. Stepping into it on your own means beyond doubt your committed to achieving what you dream of, rather than relying in the support of someone to take the strain. It also shows your ready.

All of the above come from my last year of stepping into the world of business on my own... Its a damn hard thing to do.

Oh another thing. The people who first appear to be friends who you meet through work etc and ask you for favours often turn out to be a proper pain in the arse. (Had this happen a few times now) they expect things for nothing and still moan in return. You will find those who don't do this usually highly value you and will not question your judgement and accept it when things don't quite go to plan or as quickly as expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:30 am 
Learner

My outlook on life changed a few years ago when my mum died in her late 40's from then on

"Life is too short so enjoy it, work isnt the be and end all."

"Its better to regret doing something than regret not doing something (you may not get a second chance)"

Sponsored by :
www.nr-autosport.com - www.rb-performance.co.uk - www.driveshaftshop.com
www.s1chiropractic.com - www.adrenalinerace.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:51 am 
Site Admin

Brett,

I'm already in trouble with Janet for starting this thread, so I'm not going to get into that subject, that's for sure. :omgrofl: :omgrofl: :omgrofl:

All I will say, is that I've had my share of related matters and I could write a book on that subject alone. ;)

While we're back on the subject of women, an ex-girlfriends Mum once told me, that "we men should choose a woman like we'd choose a car" and then added that "we should do the test drive with with our brains not our dicks". That just shows how little women understand men, if they think that's even remotely possible. :omgrofl: :omgrofl: :omgrofl:

Ed,

All very true - my Granddad who had been in business for many years told me "You have no 'real' friends when you're in business" and for many years that proved to be right for the reasons you've mentioned. However the trick is NOT to let such 'friends' influence your decisions and never take anything from anyone without paying for it.
If you accept a favour, then some people use that to get bigger and frequent favours in return, by paying for everything you avoid this situation.
If you don't allow people to make you treat them in a 'special' manner they can't take advantage of you.

Rich,

Very true, life is too short and shorter than you think when you're young. Once you get to a certain age, you're still alive but everything starts to go downhill, so as the saying goes "enjoy it while you can".

Here's another gem, "you only really appreciate something/someone when it/they've gone", so make the effort to appreciate the people in your life while you have the chance and don't live to regret that you didn't.

Death can come at any time, so "don't put off till tomorrow what you could do today" - just thought I'd slip in another pearl of wisdom. :)

Good work guys but I'm sure there's MUCH MORE to come, we' haven't even got a full page for the book yet, unless I use large text or small pages. :lol:

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:56 pm 

Anyone who is more interested in giving you their opinion on religion than on listening to your views on religion is to be avoided at all costs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like you've had a nasty experience!!! :lol: :lol:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:10 pm 

lol, im sure thats a chip joke!

cult member#4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:39 pm 

Hi Again :)

Here is another one for anyone considering changing career....lol

Professional assasins AND bodyguards.....use REVOLVERS not AUTOMATICS...

Automatics jam too much...

Bodyguards do NOT wear Kevlar (body armour) ...because to be effective , its much too heavy and slows you down....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:34 pm 
Learner

Some would say to be confident in something, no matter how little or slight could be classed as over confidence.

The best degree/qualification is one in common sense.

Dont burn bridges.

Think carefully before you split up with her as it is quite often the way you'll find out if you love her more than anything else in the world.

You may well understand women but that doesn't mean they won't do your head in with what they will say, do and throw at you!

When you become a man you'll look back at your younger years and cringe.

If you're looking for love you won't find it, it'll find you.

Learn from your elders, most of the time they have been there and done that!

Broaden your horizons!

Keep your options open!

Your first initial instinctual gutt feeling is usually an accurate one i find!

This list could go on for ages!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

Great work, keep it up and the idea 'is' for the list to go on for as long as possible. ;-)

The one about women is oh so true, although I'd say any man who 'claims' to understand women is a FOOL!!!

Janet is the best woman I've ever known for many reasons but one very important reason is that we can communicate very well.
Not only that but she 'understands herself' (and women in general), something I don't think most women do.
Thanks to these 2 unusual qualities, I've gained a better understanding of where I've gone wrong in the past and how to make sure I don't do the same again in the future.

So here I am with a better understanding of women in general BUT after a little episode yesterday evening, Janet proved to me that there is NO WAY ON THIS PLANET that I'll ever be able to predict in my wildest dreams how she'll react to some things, so God help you guys who haven't been educated by your partner and who haven't had 40+ years of hands on experience of womankind. :sad2: :sad2:

Keep the tips rolling in guys.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:18 pm 
Learner

well, when it comes to women, i think the most important thing i've learned, is that what they find most attractive in a man, is the ability to make them feel good about themselves. most women, even ones who copme accross really confident are really, like everyone, full of insecuritys.

this is really important in bed. if you can make a woman feel like she's the sexiest thing on the planet, shes yours.

#2 take advice from anyone, but always make your own mind up.

3# pay people compliments when they arnt expecting it. everyone wins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:07 am 

1. Its better born lucky than rich...

2. Its better born lucky AND rich...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:10 am 

Another piece of advice about women...

I used to ask women WHY they slept with me....

The most common answer was......because you looked in my EYES first...not my chest :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Brett928S2 wrote:

I used to ask women WHY they slept with me....

The most common answer was......because you looked in my EYES first...not my chest :)

So that's where I've been going wrong!!!!! :hmph: :twisted:

Never believe a woman when she says "It's fine" - it never is.

Never believe a woman when she says "don't worry about me" or "don't bother about buying me a present" - she's lying.

Most importantly at this time of year NEVER buy your lady GIFT VOUCHERS, even if they're for £10,000 because that shows you didn't care enough to spend the time looking for that illusive 'special' present.

A woman will always be more inclined if you spend 'quality' time (like a night out) with her before you try to get at it.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:58 am 
Site Admin

Well I was expecting much more from you guys, so I'll have to inject a few more.

For anyone who intends to be a father.

Make sure you spend as much time as possible with your kids, because they soon grow up and may move far away so you hardly ever see them.

Don't introduce kids to potential partners from other countries, because they may end up getting married and living in that country, that is unless you're prepared to put their happiness before your own.

Never let circumstances take a child from you, always fight to stay in their lives.

Life's a bitch and then you die, so make the most of every second while you can.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:21 pm 
Pro Mod

The reason I havent written is because who's going to really listen? It's human nature to think we are better then the next guy and they messed up but I wont and thats really the case when you are 18 and 10' tall and bullit proof.The sad thing is alot of people never grow older then 18 in there minds and still think this way as an adult

We all know this because we all thought the same thing when we were young.

I will say this though never let anyone tell you that you cant do something and keep fayth in yourself even when others dont or wont.

Dont waste time on things or people you cant control, spend it on the things you can.

Sometimes being right may cost you more then if you were wrong.

Be man enough to say your sorry and wrong.

People dont care how much you know untill they know how much you care.

A.K.A. Cult Member #40