NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Education for life - next book title
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:06 am 
Pro Mod

Ok to add to what i was saying and getting to,my Mothers health has come to the point where she isnt long for this world. The Dr told me Sunday that her heart is over 40% dead tissue and over the past 2 years she has had congestive heart failure 4 times along with 2 strokes and pneumonia this time added to the CHF. She had to go in thursady from passing out and had to have rescue squad help us.I really didnt think she was coming home but she is stable and the Dr said what she needed could be done from home as she will be more comfortable here then there. He told me no need to go into a rehab facility as she doesnt have the strength and anything more then whats needed with reguards to physical movment will only stress her heart more.He told me I should prepare but like all cant say 1 day 1 week month or year but given her past history and her current problems a year would be streching it. I really am not working much at all as i dont like to leave her alone long unless i have someone close by and so this means putting my life on hold.I work enough for us to survive and when i started this i didnt think it would get to the point its at,I had planned on working more but she needs me.I dont think i can say how I feel as there is way to much but the things that this has done in a positive way for me is the reading and learning and bettering myslef and more time with her that I will cherish when she does pass and the feeling that I have from making her happy and comfortable thru a very difficult time is worth more then any in the world to me.She sleeps 18 hours which isnt her and the Dr said its because of her heart so the best i can hope is she passes while sleeping.So for lessons in life what would you give up for someone in your life?I by no means think i am anything special and I wrote this not to say hey look at what i am doing ,but more about what I feel i am getting back from it and in a way what gifts she is givening to me.I hope you understand what I have written and it also goes along with a saying I use alot in life.
When your green you grow and when your ripe your rotten. :yes: Dont ever stop thinking you cant learn more and always try to look for something good while bad things are happening around you.....

A.K.A. Cult Member #40

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Racer704 wrote:
Ok to add to what i was saying and getting to,my Mothers health has come to the point where she isnt long for this world. The Dr told me Sunday that her heart is over 40% dead tissue and over the past 2 years she has had congestive heart failure 4 times along with 2 strokes and pneumonia this time added to the CHF. She had to go in thursady from passing out and had to have rescue squad help us.I really didnt think she was coming home but she is stable and the Dr said what she needed could be done from home as she will be more comfortable here then there. He told me no need to go into a rehab facility as she doesnt have the strength and anything more then whats needed with reguards to physical movment will only stress her heart more.He told me I should prepare but like all cant say 1 day 1 week month or year but given her past history and her current problems a year would be streching it. I really am not working much at all as i dont like to leave her alone long unless i have someone close by and so this means putting my life on hold.
Very sorry to hear that Johnny but hopefully she's had a good life and the end will not be too painful.

I work enough for us to survive and when i started this i didnt think it would get to the point its at,I had planned on working more but she needs me.I dont think i can say how I feel as there is way to much but the things that this has done in a positive way for me is the reading and learning and bettering myslef and more time with her that I will cherish when she does pass and the feeling that I have from making her happy and comfortable thru a very difficult time is worth more then any in the world to me.She sleeps 18 hours which isnt her and the Dr said its because of her heart so the best i can hope is she passes while sleeping.So for lessons in life what would you give up for someone in your life?I by no means think i am anything special and I wrote this not to say hey look at what i am doing ,but more about what I feel i am getting back from it and in a way what gifts she is givening to me.I hope you understand what I have written and it also goes along with a saying I use alot in life.
Fully appreciate what you are saying and totally agree Johnny, which is why I spend as much time as I can with both my ageing parents while I can. Luckily my Mum (at 84) is still battling on rather well and although my Dads health isn't as good as we'd like he still manages to keep up with my Mum most of the time, so we're in a reasonably good situation considering their ages. However, as life inevitably comes to an end sooner or later it makes sense to make the best of the time that is made available to us as best we can. That's why I buy a bigger vehicle and pay for my daughter to visit us, so that my Mum & Dad can spend up to 2 weeks of quality time with Lisa, Elise, Janet and I at least once a year. There's nothing like having so many generations of our family spending time together as that ensure the memories of those who will soon be gone will last longer than they otherwise would.

When your green you grow and when your ripe your rotten. :yes: Dont ever stop thinking you cant learn more and always try to look for something good while bad things are happening around you.....
Couldn't agree more with both sentiments and although the 2nd can be very hard sometimes, if you try hard enough it has always been possible in my case at least.
All the best and stay strong my friend.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:33 pm 
Pro Mod

Thank you Trev and of everyone I knew you would understand what I was saying and it is very hard to find positive things but you know me I am always looking for something good in every situation because this is what helps me get thru the hard times,if i didnt have this positive outlook I think I would need to be put in a white jacket and padded cell :rofl: :rofl:

There is trully nothing like family and the older we get the more we can appreciate what family old and new we have and it should always be a celabration when getting together. Even in passing I feel that instead of morning the loss we should celabrate the life of that person. Its very hard to do but it helps me get thru the not having them in the flesh,and though they might not be right here and cant always answer the way we want i still talk to my father alot and close friend who passed 20 plus years ago....

Enjoy your parents and i know they have to be so overjoyed seeing Lisa and the Baby...I know you are beside yourself when everyone is together and this has to be the closest feeling to heaven there is on earth.Second would be a record nitrous run...lol :rofl: thrid a good woman....ok a good woman could be 4th as 3rd might be a 2nd best nitrous pass.... :rofl:

Ok well have a good one...

A.K.A. Cult Member #40

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

Racer704 wrote:
Thank you Trev and of everyone I knew you would understand what I was saying and it is very hard to find positive things but you know me I am always looking for something good in every situation because this is what helps me get thru the hard times,if i didnt have this positive outlook I think I would need to be put in a white jacket and padded cell :rofl: :rofl:
:lol: You and me both Johnny. :lol:

There is trully nothing like family and the older we get the more we can appreciate what family old and new we have and it should always be a celabration when getting together. Even in passing I feel that instead of morning the loss we should celabrate the life of that person. Its very hard to do but it helps me get thru the not having them in the flesh,and though they might not be right here and cant always answer the way we want i still talk to my father alot and close friend who passed 20 plus years ago....
The good things about passing over (especially when at old age) are;
1) An end to the suffering - which most people over 55 have to a greater or lesser degree
2) An end to being a burden - which most parents aren't happy about
3) Eternal rest from the struggle and strife of life
So you can be happy about those things when the time comes.
You can also celebrate the good things about your Mums life (as you say) to help you through the loss.

Enjoy your parents and i know they have to be so overjoyed seeing Lisa and the Baby...I know you are beside yourself when everyone is together and this has to be the closest feeling to heaven there is on earth.Second would be a record nitrous run...lol :rofl: thrid a good woman....ok a good woman could be 4th as 3rd might be a 2nd best nitrous pass.... :rofl:
:omgrofl: :omgrofl: How very true on all counts and just my luck that I'm still deprived of the Pro Mod nitrous record run. :evil: :evil:

Ok well have a good one...
And you.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:05 pm 
Wizard

Heartfelt words JB!
I'm sort of jealous of folk who still have their parents. I had both my parents taken from me when I was just 28 years old. It was the hardest thing I ever had to deal with Bro!
One week I'm a happy guy. A few weeks later I'm living in a world of blurred sound and vision hoping that I was going to wake up and it would all be a dream. I'll never know what it was like to have that time with my folks and to see them with their grandchildren as I grew into a fully fledged parent 4 times over. My oldest Duaghter remembers Nanny and Grandpa. But the others only have vague memories.
Since then I have always told folk to make the most of their families. Sometimes I see folk at war with their parents and want to shake them to make them see all the good stuff they are missing because of petty BS!
Peace and love Bro!

Perry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:14 pm 
Wizard

Jezzzzzzzzz Pel, something else we share, but not a nice one.
Buried my dad when I was 28 and Mum when I was 30

My 840 is like a hot stripper.
I just keep throwing money at her and hope that someday she will give me the ride of my life

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:48 pm 
Pro Mod

Thanks Perry, I saw my father at 42 have 6 bypasses and then 47 have a heart transplant and 49 die of cancer...the strongest man i have ever known down to nothing and the pain in his eyes not being able to have any dignity towards the end was worse then anything else. This was 21 years as we burried him on what would have been his 50th Bday...I am lucky to have had my mom this long for sure and your right when you see all the petty shit that people fight over that are family....whats worse yet is the example they are setting for there children and how it just moves on down the line generation after generation....Its a blessing if they go quick when ever they go...I feel your pain also Perry as Dad never got to see me in the flesh at my higher levels of racing...It never gets any eaiser you just live with it and try to always make the most of time you have...Talking to my Dad everyday though has helped me cope with his passing and tell many others who always say they wish they could talk to them one more time...I tell them you can....they look at me with wide eyes and you see that they get it.Everyone is differant and we deal with things in many differant ways and and what ever it takes to get one thru other then self medicating they should do it.

I am a lucky man as well as blessed to have had the parents I had and in there era i grew up in and the love i was given daily and the examples to live by. I have often wounderd what the greatest thing from my childhood was and its really been only the past few years I have figuerd it out...that was I always felt SAFE no matter what....When see all the things from people my age telling the stories of there parents abuse and or living in fear from there fighting or drug and alchol abuse..you get the picture. We never know whats going on behind closed doors even today..

Thanks Perry

A.K.A. Cult Member #40

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:54 pm 
Pro Mod

Trev it might not be much longer for that record..even if its a small tire..... :yes: this is all I will say now..... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :cheers:

Thank you Trev

A.K.A. Cult Member #40

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:12 pm 
Learner

All children truely want is their parents TIME.

For example: My daughter is 5. She couldn't care less If I was doing degree level maths so long as she could sit next to me whilst she does her homework. I try my best to spend as much time as I can with her because I realise that you don't get that time back again.

When you spend time away working (like I do offshore) you come to realise some of the important things about family. It took me ages and A LOT of wasted cash to realise that CARS and BIKES aren't the most important things in life.
One day hopefully she will spending time with her children, and I will have to step aside.

I'm lucky that I can do my own Sh**e whilst she is at school.. but most parents can at least have a few hours to themselves whilst the kids are in bed sleeping :mrgreen: It's not hard to take an interest in your kids interests..

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

Couldn't agree more but I had no option but to work through my childrens childhoods, just to keep a roof over our heads. However, I've far from stepped aside now that my daughter has children of her own, as I'm now able to participate in all their lives much more, to make up for the time I lost. :) :)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:40 pm 
Learner

Haven't got to the 'step aside' moment yet as she's only 5 lol... will prob feel different when i'm given that choice.. I'm sure somebody has already said "can't put a old head on young shoulders". I think that statement holds true if your 5 or 105.

What I meant was: I hope my daughter gives her children the time I'm trying my best to give her. Of course I would like to spend as much time with any grand kids I have that goes without saying...."Bloody hell Trev you made me feel propper old saying that"

Regards,

Nick.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

:lol:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6