NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gas Suppliers - Info Appreciated
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:33 pm 

Where do other people get their gas from?

I know that Nitrousoxidesupplies.co.uk provide a great service, but in the real world, nitrous does not cost £5/lb(inc. postage)... :shock:

Does anyone else use another service provider?

Also, Surely there must be a way of getting hold of a big 50l Bottle at less than the £323 that it would cost you from these guys (including £60 rental, £40 W.O.N. refil line, and VAT).

I used to work for a company that used CO2 a lot, and we used to pay £8 per cylinder (due to bulk discount obviously), but I can't bring myself to beleive that N20 is 40 times more expensive to make than Carbon Dioxide... :?

Surely we can do something about this, as I know that I would certainly be a lot more inclined to use my system (and upgrade to a Maximiser and Direct Port) if I knew that it wasn't costing me a pint every time I put my foot down... :cry:

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

Believe me we've tried to get a better deal for all my customers from every nitrous manufacturer but because ONLY one or two will even offer nitrous for our application there is no competition to drive the price down. I've even thought of buying the plant to make the gas myself but the rules and laws that I'd have to work to make a small operation just making nitrous a none starter at present.
However if there is a way we will find it and it is constantly on my mind as I know it hurts my sales.

By the way you get more fun from a pints worth of nitrous than you do from a pint of beer and you only end up pissing the beer out the other end anyway. :lol:

Regards

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:57 pm 

There must be ways and means to get hold of the gas on a small scale collective though?

I mean the applications that it can be used for are endless, Welding, Vets' surgeries, Dentists surgeries...

People must have tried to tap into BOC and other large scale supply companies with less than genuine details in order to get the stuff at a knock-down rate...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:05 pm 
Learner

i think my idea of group rental in different areas is the best.....unforunately it has the drawback of involving people....most of who are unreliable tossers (no-one on this board of couse ;) )
as soon as im qualified and workin again by end of year (car not destroyed permitting) ill certainly be renting a big bottle and will offer fills to local forum members at a reasonable price....although im sure theres also the problem of it being a seasonal thing for most users....ie a lot more use in summer than winter.
really 323 plus rental aint to bad....a bit much 4 1 person but 2 people sharing costs would make it worthwhile if my maths is correct. (ie im sure i spent 200 on gas in last 2 months....most of which i lost but thats another story. but if i had more gas i would use it a lot more making it more cost effective and lots of fun for money.

ur right trev, im sure gas price puts off loads of potential buyers.

6 speed box
polyurethane mounts n bushings
Magnecore kv8.5 leads
oh and 50bhp highpower jettin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:23 pm 
Learner

I have worked in the industrial gases business for 15 years and I still find the cheapest way to buy nitrous is from a local supplier at £5/lb+vat by the time I allow for the cylinder rental :(

If there was a cheaper way I hope I would have found it by now but I don't think there is....... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:36 pm 
Learner

it depends how much you use, what im saying is if i had my own supply i would then use a lot more gas as the extra power would become nearly always on rather than a treat. How much more gas would you use if it cost a fiver to fill a 11lb bottle....a lot more i know :shock:

for some peeps that is the best way but for me to get the most outa my kit i need a perm supply.At the moment my usage is ruled by costs as im sure it is with a lot of people. i could easily use a 11lb bottle a day, in fact i want to use a 11lb bottle a day and to do that paying 5 quid a pound is out of the question.

6 speed box
polyurethane mounts n bushings
Magnecore kv8.5 leads
oh and 50bhp highpower jettin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:42 pm 
Learner

Fair point alfa, Ive managed to find a mail order supply at £5. per pound including vat and pick up and delivery. Shame on the major gas suppliers for holding us to ransom, isnt that a monopoly.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:19 am 

refils avaliable in kent from myself at just over £4 per LB

gas is in stock!, gravesend area

cult member#4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:22 am 
Wizard

I'm guessing the controls on buying large quantities of ammonium nitrate are a bit of pain eh Trev? unless of course you're looking to blow something up? :x