NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: MAX power on a single fogger wet system
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:43 am 

Hi

What is the biggest shot you can run with a single fogger (wet system)?
I am worried about fuel distribution?
Currently injecting 100 bhp.....

Is it really worth it to go for direct injection?
I just want to go slightly higher to a 110 shot.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:52 am 
Site Admin

It depends on the type of manifold and the position of the injector. However above 50 bhp it's usually better to go for a direct port system as the advantages outwiegh those of a single point system at that level.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:52 pm 

If you are asking about th flow potential of the crossfire injector itself, it's about 190-200hp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:14 pm 

Noswizard wrote:
It depends on the type of manifold and the position of the injector. However above 50 bhp it's usually better to go for a direct port system as the advantages outwiegh those of a single point system at that level.

Regards

Really Trev?
Cos when i was buying my system, we were discussing that there was no real advantage over having a single injector ? Me being me went for the DP system, but at the moment have only installed it as a single injector. I guess i have the parts to go DP if needed?!!

The only problem is the stupid design of the manifold on the Vx. YOu really haven't got that much room to install 4 injectors on there.
One question though, does the pipe lengths from the distribution block to each injectol all needto be of equal length and total length from pulsoids to the injecotrs less than 12"? God that will be tricky if its the case

Cheers

Naz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

nariman wrote:
Noswizard wrote:

Regards

Really Trev?
Cos when i was buying my system, we were discussing that there was no real advantage over having a single injector ? Me being me went for the DP system, but at the moment have only installed it as a single injector. I guess i have the parts to go DP if needed?!!

There are many factors that determine which system is most suitable and which system will give best results on any given vehicle. In the statement I made that you quoted above you'll see I said ABOVE 50 bhp is USUALLY better, that isn't a cast iron statement because each vehicle is different.

The only problem is the stupid design of the manifold on the Vx. YOu really haven't got that much room to install 4 injectors on there.
One question though, does the pipe lengths from the distribution block to each injectol all needto be of equal length and total length from pulsoids to the injecotrs less than 12"? God that will be tricky if its the case
On all systems pipes should be as short as possible and on DP systems the pipes should be the same length (all as long as the longest has to be). Send me some pics of your engine bay and I'll give you a better idea how to progress.

Cheers

Naz

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!