NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: hello, everybody
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:18 pm 

hi, been speaking to a friend who advised to go for a won kit for my 5 turbo, ive seen a few cheaper kits online but he said its best going for a uk company, anyway to the point, my 5 at nat day ran 12.68 at 110.79mph and the next stage for my is nos, the problem is if you have not got it spot on it will kill your engine, so just wondering if i fitted the kit, can u go down to won and ask them to jet it correctly for u

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:29 pm 

Welcome!
In the long run a WON kit is cheaper. You don't need a purge which a big savings and you have direct contact with the best customer support team out there. WON themselves which includes Trev the owner and founder.

WON is available 6 days a week. Just give them a ring for an appointment.

Don't concern yourself with the nitrous horror stories that other kits provide. Once you have a kit fitted, compare it to a friends nitrous kit of a different brand and both of you will be amazed at the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:43 pm 

would the 100i be best as i havent got alot of money to spend i just want a basic 50bhp wet shot of nos on a button

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:22 pm 
turbotoaster wrote:
would the 100i be best as i havent got alot of money to spend i just want a basic 50bhp wet shot of nos on a button

The 100i would be the kit for you, you should also seriously consider getting a progressive controller if your funds allow, particularly in a high powered FWD car.

A system jetted for 50bhp will give you more than 50bhp gain on a turbo motor, anything up to 100+bhp gain is possible, this is due to the nitrous super cooling your inlet charge. Depending on how much you/your motor can handle you could stick with a 50bhp kit and get the extra 'free' bhp or go down on the jetting so the total gain is 50bhp and save on the nitrous.

Also having the system activated by button is not the best setup to run. The best setup is to have it activated at WOT. This is for several reasons, you can't accidentally activate it before WOT, if you need to back of quickly you just let off the throttle and its cuts the nitrous too and you don’t have to think about pushing a button, which in the heat of the moment can be useful.