NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Is this missing any parts?
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:23 am 
Learner

Hi all found a few old bits. Just want to know im not missing anything as i plan to buy another nos kit..

This is all i have for an old mini controller. Is that complete? Just askin as i can see a plug on end and wonder if it should have another wire?

Also are these gauges complete. I think the won one is as it just connects to the bottle i believe. However aint got a clue about the other?

Alsso got this but dont know what it is

Cheers

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: Is this missing any parts?
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:52 am 
Wizard

eggy790 wrote:
Hi all found a few old bits. Just want to know im not missing anything as i plan to buy another nos kit..
Welcome to the forum.

This is all i have for an old mini controller. Is that complete? Just askin as i can see a plug on end and wonder if it should have another wire?
It appears to be a custom plug, but if it has all 4 wires, then it's good to go.

Also are these gauges complete. I think the won one is as it just connects to the bottle i believe. However aint got a clue about the other?
The other appears to be an electric version that requires a sender unit from Autometer. On the other hand, it also appears mechanical...
does it have a physical input or is it electrical (not counting the wires for the back lighting).

Alsso got this but dont know what it is

The tee and extra piping taps into the nitrous supply line so that the mechanical WoN gauge can be mounted in the cabin rather than the bottle: it's much more convenient.

Cheers

:yes:

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:53 am 
Wizard

You definitely have some tidbits that I would recommend to anyone with a system, so you're already pulling way ahead! I can't wait to see what project the nos kit will go to.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:56 pm 
Learner

cheers mate, very helpful, don't care about the autometre gauge but if that wire can get me that won gauge into the cabin that's perfect.

main worry was the minimax controller, thinking I may have lost a apart of it when moving house. so glad I havn'nt all 4 wires appear there.

this kit I originally bought back in February 2016 for my Subaru 2.1 stroker which I was running a gt30 with 0.82 exhaust housing. plan was to let syvecs control it. I never got around to fitting it and sold it onto a friend who ran it on a b16 Honda.

anyhow deal has been done and ive bought it back, for a lil project ive started, its alittle sleeper. Honda ek4 with b18c4 conversion and a t3/t4 hybrid running 280bhp. needs a better intercooler and wastegate for 330bhp, just wanting to keep things reliable and cheap fun on this. so leaving this as it is and thinking as engine limit is 350bhp, run a 50 shot of nos on top of it with the progressive controller.

my Subaru has too much money in it, and with a family now, maintenance is killing me so I thought this would still be fun and easier on wallet to maintain on track etc for the time being.

edit: sorry forgot to add pics, give me 2 mins to attach them

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:59 pm 
Learner

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:08 pm 
Wizard

All sounds good. Just be aware that the nitrous will produce more power than theoretical jetting, thus 50 jets could yield twice as much power. Best to start with the smaller jets with turbo'd engines with N/A pistons. It's a good thing the B engines are made tough, 350 bhp should be within the safe limits. I've seen stock block B's make over 450 bhp, I don't know how long they lasted but it was done.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:19 pm 
Wizard

I've just familiarized myself with your previous posts so I'm all caught up now. The Scooby has had a good amount of coin fed into it LOL!

I wouldn't be surprised if you had more fun in the Honda once the nitrous is fitted.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:22 pm 
Learner

cheers I didn't know that, in that case I best order 25hp jets from the site as the jets with this kit start at 50 and go to 150hp

thanks for that, could have really messed up there lol, on the other hand, can the minimax controller run progressive say at 70% or 60% of the jet size rather than running to full 100% from 0. for example put 50hp jet in but run from 0 to 60% meaning you wont use the full size of the jet?

im new to nos, but been very close to using it twice now so decided this is now the time im defo going to and not back out.

many thanks

p.s. is their anything else usefull worth adding to what I got for the install? or do you think ive got everything?

cheers

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:34 pm 
Wizard

eggy790 wrote:
cheers I didn't know that, in that case I best order 25hp jets from the site as the jets with this kit start at 50 and go to 150hp
Yes, it's an advantage with turbo and supercharged engines.
More power with less nitrous use so it lasts much longer than normal.

thanks for that, could have really messed up there lol, on the other hand, can the minimax controller run progressive say at 70% or 60% of the jet size rather than running to full 100% from 0. for example put 50hp jet in but run from 0 to 60% meaning you wont use the full size of the jet?
The minimax will ALWAYS go to 100% regardless of what you set it to. The only adjustments are how much power to start with and how long it takes to go to 100%. It's the most simplistic of the advanced progressive technology WoN offers. Moreover even with progressive use, you're still blasting the engine with bursts of 50 hp and that's how the power is reduced; some engine cycles will still receive the full brunt of 50 hp. The best way is just to get the jet since it's so cheap, and you only need one (the 25) since you should have the 50 jet in your kit anyway.

im new to nos, but been very close to using it twice now so decided this is now the time im defo going to and not back out.

It's super simple and with WoN, you have nothing to worry about. I've blasted a 46cc two stroke with almost 20 hp of nitrous on a Minimax and it's in perfect shape.

many thanks :yes:

p.s. is their anything else usefull worth adding to what I got for the install? or do you think ive got everything?
You may want to purchase a bottle heater for the cooler season, but summer is approaching and you may not need it right away.

cheers

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:38 pm 
Learner

Thank you. Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:42 pm 
Learner

Sorry just seen your other post. Yeah the subaru was my baby and pride and joy. But inthink i went too far and not as usable on road. Hoping this should be just right for both track and road. Noce fun b road blaster.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:50 pm 
Wizard

eggy there are instructions you may find useful ;) ..http://www.noswizard.com/pdf/Minimax_Manual.pdf

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:36 pm 
Learner

perfect mate, just contemplating now how to run this. will it be fine/reliable using the minimax controller or is it down to the tune/map on the car?

people are saying as mines a turboed Honda, to buy a hondata ecu and remap it with the better ecu to control nos aswell.

surely a slong as you have a good general map running the nos kit with controller should be fine at 2:1 ratio of fuel to nos, 25 hp fuel jet 50 hp nos jet? or 12.5hp fuel 25hp nos

what are peoples thoughts?

cheers

edit, just had a look and can see theres no 12.5hp jet size, so what would you round this up to 15 fuel and 25 n20? or down to 10? cheers

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:09 pm 
Wizard

eggy790 wrote:
perfect mate, just contemplating now how to run this. will it be fine/reliable using the minimax controller or is it down to the tune/map on the car?
You should be ok for a small HP boost on the nitrous without touching anything. At most, you could take away a degree or two of timing by moving the distributor or add some water injection.

people are saying as mines a turboed Honda, to buy a hondata ecu and remap it with the better ecu to control nos aswell.
They have no idea what they are talking about and are just guessing because they think you're gonna 'blow the motor'. There is no need to remap anything other than a bit of timing as mentioned above, and that is IF there is any sign of a problem at the spark plugs. Stick with a small nitrous dose and we'll see where you stand as far as needing adjustments. The jet ratio will be rich enough anyway to give you a good safety buffer.

surely as long as you have a good general map running the nos kit with controller should be fine at 2:1 ratio of fuel to nos, 25 hp fuel jet 50 hp nos jet? or 12.5hp fuel 25hp nos

what are peoples thoughts?
It really makes little sense to use a 12.5 hp hit, it makes better sense to start with 25 hp and use the lowest boost possible on the wastegate. Then we go up from there. You can also use a boost switch so that the nitrous kicks off when a targeted boost level is achieved. This gives you the instant power until the turbo takes over and saves a lot of nitrous in the process.

cheers

edit, just had a look and can see theres no 12.5hp jet size, so what would you round this up to 15 fuel and 25 n20? or down to 10? cheers
At a differential pressure of 45 psi, you can achieve a 15 HP boost with a 30 nitrous jet and 15 fuel jet. You must also be careful with going too small a jet size because if any trash exists in the fuel system, the jet could clog and result in detonation.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:37 am 
Learner

Thank you lets do this. Will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:22 pm 
Wizard

One question I forgot to ask and is vital to the success of the project: how are you delivering the increased fuel for the turbo boost, is it via a remap and larger injectors, or a variable rate fuel pressure regulator and factory injectors? If you use a variable FPR, it will make tuning the nitrous system very difficult, if not impossible.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:58 am 
Learner

if ive read that correctly, the current setup is big injectors and remap for the extra fuel for the the turbo setup, its running 0.7psi to make 282bhp.

so this setup should be ok? I like the sound of nos in and off when it hits full 0.5bar in my case. Its not really laggy tbh so will be really quick. Can you time it so it stays on a set time after hittin the boost threshold like 1 sec etc? With the minimax. I guess even rpm based would be fine tbh. Will email won now. Probs get them to set this up for me.

Basic spec. B18c4 with s9b lsd box
t3/t4 turbo good for 450hp
external wastegate with screamer
straight through 3 inch exhaust from turbo back
ek9 steerin rack
aftermarket shocks and springs all round
aftermarket rear control arms
p28 ecu mapped by garage786 on crome
Evo 510cc injectors

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:17 pm 
Wizard

eggy790 wrote:
if ive read that correctly, the current setup is big injectors and remap for the extra fuel for the the turbo setup, its running 7psi to make 282bhp.
All sounds good here, then. I wanted to make sure that you had the fuel pressure rise at a 1:1 ratio rather than a higher ratio, which would make tuning the nitrous much more difficult.

so this setup should be ok?
Yea, you're good to go. I needed the details to give the correct advice.

I like the sound of nos in and off when it hits full 0.5bar in my case. Its not really laggy tbh so will be really quick.
You could use it in this manner and then switch to full-time at any time. This requires a simple boost pressure switch that's available as an option.

Can you time it so it stays on a set time after hittin the boost threshold like 1 sec etc? With the minimax.
That option isn't available with a Minimax. If I recall, the Maximiser can limit the on time like that or the Max Extreme.

I guess even rpm based would be fine tbh. Will email won now. Probs get them to set this up for me.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'rpm based'. If you are referring to power progressing by RPM, then there is a good reason why it isn't used nor even available. Time progression is the best option and gives the best control.

Basic spec. B18c4 with s9b lsd box
t3/t4 turbo good for 450hp
external wastegate with screamer
straight through 3 inch exhaust from turbo back
ek9 steerin rack
aftermarket shocks and springs all round
aftermarket rear control arms
p28 ecu mapped by garage786 on crome
Evo 510cc injectors

All sounds good, and it sounds like you won't need to remap anything: just hit the gas, chief!.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:18 pm 
Learner

Thank you. Top advise from you. Been reading through your posts on here. Respect man.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

8)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!