NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Goyle's nitrous install
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:32 pm 
Wizard

Sounds good!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

What day and time did you call the office and not get an answer?

The next size jet up from 40 should be a 45 and fitting a 50 'MIGHT' be too rich but safer.

The best way to contact WON in future is using email to enquiries@noswizard.com but you should always get a reply to a phone call between 9 & 5.50 5 days a week again now.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:24 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:

The next size jet up from 40 should be a 45 and fitting a 50 'MIGHT' be too rich but safer.

The best way to contact WON in future is using email to enquiries@noswizard.com but you should always get a reply to a phone call between 9 & 5.50 5 days a week again now.

It was tuesday the 25th of October at 15.02pm. It rang for a while then went to answer phone....

I will try again on monday as i have been let down badly by 2 ebay sellers. My jet still hasnt arrived and i also ordered a 1/8 BSP to 5mm line adapter (for my nitrous gauge) from powerhouse which also never arrived. I have had a refund off e-bay for the adapter... but i would of preferred the goods.

I shall try phoning again monday Trevor.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:53 am 
Wizard

Goyle wrote:
Noswizard wrote:

It was tuesday the 25th of October at 15.02pm. It rang for a while then went to answer phone....

I will try again on monday as i have been let down badly by 2 ebay sellers. My jet still hasnt arrived and i also ordered a 1/8 BSP to 5mm line adapter (for my nitrous gauge) from powerhouse which also never arrived. I have had a refund off e-bay for the adapter... but i would of preferred the goods.

I shall try phoning again monday Trevor.

Such a shame that you didn't receive the parts. I'm sure you'll have better luck once you email enquiries@noswizard.com as it is viewed by multiple individuals.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:30 am 
Learner

its only a minor set back... wasnt a vast amount of money involved.

when e-bay issued me with a refund i thought noooo i need the part not a refund :lol:

bit of a poor show from powerhouse-uk though, took my money, the part never arrived, they couldnt be bothered to reply to my message... and left it for e-bay to step in and bail me out :tard:

im planning on getting a controller in the near future, plus a few bits and bobs, still toying with an extra 5lb bottle and all the associated hardware involved, brackets, a cut off switch to mount on the spare bottle for the heater... etc etc... powerhouse's loss i guess.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 am 
Wizard

Now i wonder if your order ended up with someone else,reason i say this is i ordered something small from them last month and i had another customers nitrous pipe in my package :shock: invoice was there so i was able to post it on for them...i must say normally using them on ebay they have been ok and very quick delivery.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:02 pm 
Learner

teddybare wrote:
Now i wonder if your order ended up with someone else,reason i say this is i ordered something small from them last month and i had another customers nitrous pipe in my package :shock: invoice was there so i was able to post it on for them...i must say normally using them on ebay they have been ok and very quick delivery.

Its the first time ive ever used them, the web site looked very slick, they have an ebay shop and they are a won agent... what could go wrong i thought :lol:

I did look on the WON web site for the little connector, with the full intention of ordering from them, but I could only see a full dash mount kit for £45+vat+postage, I have everything already in the kit, all i need is the little 1/8 BSP to 5mm line adapter that fits on the gauge... I found the adapter straight away on the power house ebay shop for £9.20p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wizards-of-NO ... c6TWBPAGCA

You never know Teddybare... someone may be looking at a little brass thing that fits on a gauge and thinking to themselves.... what on earth is this someones sent me :scratch:

and unfortunately in this world not everyones as honest as you... they would more than likely keep the part for themselves, or worse chuck it in the bin.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:04 pm 
Wizard

Goyle wrote:
teddybare wrote:

Its the first time ive ever used them, the web site looked very slick, they have an ebay shop and they are a won agent... what could go wrong i thought :lol:

I did look on the WON web site for the little connector, with the full intention of ordering from them, but I could only see a full dash mount kit for £45+vat+postage, I have everything already in the kit, all i need is the little 1/8 BSP to 5mm line adapter that fits on the gauge... I found the adapter straight away on the power house ebay shop for £9.20p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wizards-of-NO ... c6TWBPAGCA

You never know Teddybare... someone may be looking at a little brass thing that fits on a gauge and thinking to themselves.... what on earth is this someones sent me :scratch:

and unfortunately in this world not everyones as honest as you... they would more than likely keep the part for themselves, or worse chuck it in the bin.

Do you mean this one? http://www.noswizard.com/nitrous-ancillaries/nitrous-components/fittings-adaptors/1-8-bsp-f-5mm-f-adpt.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Goyle wrote:
bit of a poor show from powerhouse-uk though, took my money, the part never arrived, they couldnt be bothered to reply to my message... and left it for e-bay to step in and bail me out :tard:
Lawson (MD at Powerhouse) is a straight guy and BIG on providing excellent customer service, so I'm guessing he's had some kind of communication failure, as I'm SURE he wouldn't intentionally let anyone down like that. I'll have one of the team contact him, to let him know of your experience, so we can all find out what the cause was.
Furthermore, you shouldn't have needed to use anyone but WON if one of my team had been doing their job correctly, so I'll also be having that looked into and will let you know the outcome.

im planning on getting a controller in the near future, plus a few bits and bobs, still toying with an extra 5lb bottle and all the associated hardware involved, brackets, a cut off switch to mount on the spare bottle for the heater... etc etc... powerhouse's loss i guess.
As long as my guys do their job correctly, you'd get a quicker and better service direct anyway and I'll be here to make sure that any mistakes are corrected ASAP for you.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

That's the correct item Alex and as you're aware, all our components are available on one of the 5 pages from this link; http://www.noswizard.com/nitrous-ancill ... ptors.html

Ours is shown as being stainless steel (which is why the price is much higher) but we sometimes also offer certain components in brass and for an even cheaper option, we sometimes have used brass options available.

The best way for anyone to be SURE of the best CHANCE (as there could still be a mistake), of getting what you want at the lowest price and as quickly as possible is this;
1) Phone 01302 834343 and ask if the part you want is available in good used condition
2) IF you don't get an answer when you phone, send an email to enquiries@noswizard.com either placing an order (asking for used parts if available) and/or asking for a call back, to ensure it gets dealt with correctly.
3) IF any of that fails, make a post here and hopefully I'll see it soon after and I'll get some asses kicked into action for you. ;-)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

One final point, if you have a problem with one of our agents, please let me know (here), so I can look into it for you.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

One final, final point, please give me your phone number (PM if you prefer) and I'll make sure you get called tomorrow.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:39 pm 
Learner

Thanks for all your help everyone, I feel such a plank totally missing the adapter under ancillary's :redface:

im afraid i have another question though concerning the 45 jet :redface:

on the drop down menu the next jet after 40 is a 50 jet... is a 45 jet something that you would have in stock but it isnt listed in the drop down menu for some reason ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:46 pm 
Wizard

Goyle wrote:
Thanks for all your help everyone, I feel such a plank totally missing the adapter under ancillary's :redface:

on the drop down menu the next jet after 40 is a 50 jet... is a 45 jet something that you would have in stock but it isnt listed in the drop down menu for some reason ?

Although it may not be listed, they will have the jet. Not everything is listed on the website and it's wise to phone someone there anyway because there are plenty of alternatives they can point out for you that may end up being cheaper than you initially think. :yes:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

Although I should know this, the problem is that the last time I had to pick a jet out of stock, was probably more than 15 years ago. I'm 99% certain that we offered jets in 5 point increments up to size 80 at the start but I think that's been lowered (without consulting me) and now I'm not sure to what number. Having said that, I'd be AMAZED if we don't still offer at least a 45 size jet.

With regards to not having all our stock listed on the website, that should 'not' really be the case but probably is, as we're always adding new products to our range and we can't always keep up with adding them to the site.

What I would ask, is for anyone who can't find a product on our site, that they either think or know we should stock, could you please let us know, so we can check it and rectify the situation if needed.

Many thanks

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:16 pm 
Learner

Turbobox wrote:
Goyle wrote:

Although it may not be listed, they will have the jet. Not everything is listed on the website and it's wise to phone someone there anyway because there are plenty of alternatives they can point out for you that may end up being cheaper than you initially think. :yes:

im planning on phoning WON tomorrow, I didnt opt for the them ring me option simply because i wanted to have all the info in front of me before i spoke with them.

Theres nothing worse than a im after the thingy ma bob that fits onto the doo daa to allow me to fit a gauge into my whatsya call it conversation. :omgrofl:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

True but I'd have prepared them for you if you'd gone for the other option. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:38 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
True but I'd have prepared them for you if you'd gone for the other option. :yes:

Phone call to WON a success today, my parts should be winging their way to me very soon :yes:

And Trevor you can relay to the office that yes the invoice did go to my E-mail inbox ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

8)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 pm 
Learner

I havent used my nitrous over the last couple of weeks, due partially to the cold weather and also due to short journeys too and from work...

but this morning i decided to take the long way home, and have a little play with the spray :twisted:

so i turned the bottle on and heard hissing and ice particles forming on the boot floor :shock:

i got my torch out and nitrous is leaking out the electrical cut out switch for my bottle heater... so ive had to order a new cut off switch via the wizards of nos forum... its only a couple of months old as well :?

so i guess nitrous is off the menu for now...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:23 pm 
Wizard

Goyle wrote:
I havent used my nitrous over the last couple of weeks, due partially to the cold weather and also due to short journeys too and from work...

but this morning i decided to take the long way home, and have a little play with the spray :twisted:

so i turned the bottle on and heard hissing and ice particles forming on the boot floor :shock:

i got my torch out and nitrous is leaking out the electrical cut out switch for my bottle heater... so ive had to order a new cut off switch via the wizards of nos forum... its only a couple of months old as well :?

so i guess nitrous is off the menu for now...

That's odd, but there may not be a need for a new switch, it's probably a leak from a breakdown in the thread sealer. Was the leak near the threads of the switch?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:58 pm 
Learner

it looked like ice and hissing was forming from the centre of the switch, where the electrical connectors are.

I will have a better look tomorrow in day light, and hopefully your right and its just come loose, or needs a bit of thread sealer.

The extra switch ive ordered, if not needed isnt wasted, as i am going to order a back up 5lb bottle, so will go on that instead... both bases covered :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:10 pm 
Wizard

Very odd, it must've ruptured internally if that is the case. These switches come from another company and not manufactured by Highpower. Still, this is the first time I've EVER heard of such a thing (even on the U.S. side). I'm sure it was just a defect.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:37 pm 
Learner

Turbobox wrote:
Very odd, it must've ruptured internally if that is the case. These switches come from another company and not manufactured by Highpower. Still, this is the first time I've EVER heard of such a thing (even on the U.S. side). I'm sure it was just a defect.

let me have a proper look tomorrow... at the moment i made a quick diagnoses by torch light (i believe Americans call it a Flash light)

I will keep you up dated on the verdict...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:52 am 
Wizard

Goyle wrote:
Turbobox wrote:

let me have a proper look tomorrow... at the moment i made a quick diagnoses by torch light (i believe Americans call it a Flash light)

I will keep you up dated on the verdict...

LOL I know what a torch is in Brit terms... but yes we call it a 'flashlight' except it doesn't actually FLASH... :albino:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next