NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Judt thought i'd.....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:08 am 

Write something on here as I've been up all night in pain with the usual, knees, back, hips, neck and hands that feel like they have been given a constant going over wit a set of plumbers fecking pliers!

Like a lot of people (I'm presuming?) Nitrous was something I reckoned was very hit or miss to increase power, not 100% reliable and likely to damage if not blow your engine up etc :shock: .

After spending a long time reading over WON's website and especially this forum I'm a convert to say the least.

As soon as I got my driving licence (bike and car) the first thing I would do was tune them, and I've had a fair few, all modded. Scooby, Gixxer thou ltd edition, blades, 636 race bike, wide body GT4, RS 2.1 Burton and a 650bhp race prepped EVO to name a few. All tuned and modded and all costing a small fortune to get there and maintain.

I'm currently on my third rev 2 MR2, a UK N/A model in outstanding condition, and from the day I got it I was already planning what engine swap I would go for.

Plenty options to choose from, full tubby rear clip but had to be a rev 3 costing £3500 and capable of running 300bhp.

Toyota Camry 3.0 V6 giving around the same as a rev 3 tubby costing the same.

Toyota 3.5 V6 making around 300bhp for the same cost.

As above but with a supercharger near 400bhp but costing £5000 or more!

The tubby conversion I wouldn't bother with now as the newest of these engines (3S-GTE) are now 16 years old, and every Turbo car I have had has always had a niggle on and off regardless.

The 3.5 V6 I would love but I can't justify 5K plus.

So Nitrous it is now that I have a better understanding of the WON and their products and knowledge. Rather than jump straight in and get everything i want and plan to get/fit at once I'm going to slowly build my Nitrous system up over about one year.

I'm going to start with the SB150i Nitrous Kit and then next stop will be to fit a controller, bottle heater, REVO Max Extreme Nitrous Controller and then the Max Extreme Bottle Contents Feature Unit.

A purge kit each side of the car exiting where the air intakes are either side and in front of the rear wheels would be cool although maybe over the top, opinions please?

As yet I am undecided as to how much bhp to add but my engine is in tip top shape and should be able to handle 275bhp without a problem. The best bit about tuning one of my cars using Nitrous for the first time is piece of mind, even if the worst happened and the cuurent engine went pop, I can easily source a replacement unit for a £100 quid and transfer the Nitrous system over, result!

Anyhoo, just felt like posting something up and giving my angle on why I am now a WON convert.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Judt thought i'd.....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:07 pm 
Wizard

BALDYMONSTER wrote:
Write something on here as I've been up all night in pain with the usual, knees, back, hips, neck and hands that feel like they have been given a constant going over wit a set of plumbers fecking pliers!

I know the feeling as I've spent my former career beating myself up fixing airplanes. Joint pain is one of the worst tortures in life!

Like a lot of people (I'm presuming?) Nitrous was something I reckoned was very hit or miss to increase power, not 100% reliable and likely to damage if not blow your engine up etc :shock: .

You're presumption is correct and it's an ongoing battle to sway people from thinking this way and even worse stop the nitrous 'experts' out there from spreading untruths about the lovely power nectar.

After spending a long time reading over WON's website and especially this forum I'm a convert to say the least.

As am I. What really pushed me into the world of WON was when I placed my first order for some Pulsoids and then the owner of Highpower himself took the time to e-mail me about the differences about the specifications of the Pulsoids and the importance of choosing the right parts for a nitrous system. That's when I knew that I stepped into a special place where nitrous is like a land filled with rivers of ale and beautiful women :cheers:

As soon as I got my driving licence (bike and car) the first thing I would do was tune them, and I've had a fair few, all modded. Scooby, Gixxer thou ltd edition, blades, 636 race bike, wide body GT4, RS 2.1 Burton and a 650bhp race prepped EVO to name a few. All tuned and modded and all costing a small fortune to get there and maintain.

I started out the same way except I was so poor that I couldn't afford good components so I made due with what I had and was successful in beating others with more money put into their cars.

I'm currently on my third rev 2 MR2, a UK N/A model in outstanding condition, and from the day I got it I was already planning what engine swap I would go for.

I like the first generation MR2's... I like the lines and the 4age is really strong and responds great on nitrous from my own research. And they had JUNK systems!

Plenty options to choose from, full tubby rear clip but had to be a rev 3 costing £3500 and capable of running 300bhp.

Toyota Camry 3.0 V6 giving around the same as a rev 3 tubby costing the same.

Toyota 3.5 V6 making around 300bhp for the same cost.

As above but with a supercharger near 400bhp but costing £5000 or more!

The tubby conversion I wouldn't bother with now as the newest of these engines (3S-GTE) are now 16 years old, and every Turbo car I have had has always had a niggle on and off regardless.

The 3.5 V6 I would love but I can't justify 5K plus.

So Nitrous it is now that I have a better understanding of the WON and their products and knowledge. Rather than jump straight in and get everything i want and plan to get/fit at once I'm going to slowly build my Nitrous system up over about one year.

And that's a huge advantage in nitrous over turbo/supercharger. It's easy and much cheaper to make more power instead of having to replace turbos over and over in order to make more power. And selling used turbos is a hard market. Not to mention that the lag increases with the turbo size. However, you can just buy a big,powerful turbo on top of your nitrous system and have BIG power with NO LAG! :yes: :yes: :yes:

I'm going to start with the SB150i Nitrous Kit and then next stop will be to fit a controller, bottle heater, REVO Max Extreme Nitrous Controller and then the Max Extreme Bottle Contents Feature Unit.

I strongly suggest you purchase the bottle heater and SBi simultaneously as the bottle pressure is VITAL for achieving optimum performance. Otherwise you can have a 100 HP with feel like 10 on a cold bottle LOL. And it is a common complaint from new users, yet they quickly realize the difference once the bottle pressure is near optimum.

A purge kit each side of the car exiting where the air intakes are either side and in front of the rear wheels would be cool although maybe over the top, opinions please?

Normally, we don't opt for purge systems because, in most cases, it's just a waste of nitrous (especially since purge systems are not jetted hence 150 hp worth of nitrous is expelled every time). WON systems perform so well that there is virtually no need. However, if you're a pro or like to show a little bit then by all means. The purge exits are up to your own taste.

As yet I am undecided as to how much bhp to add but my engine is in tip top shape and should be able to handle 275bhp without a problem. The best bit about tuning one of my cars using Nitrous for the first time is piece of mind, even if the worst happened and the cuurent engine went pop, I can easily source a replacement unit for a £100 quid and transfer the Nitrous system over, result!

Everyone starts out at 25 HP just to get used to nitrous and weed out any potential problems with the vehicle, especially with ignition systems that are inadequate/ old. Then once you're confident with your car you can step up to bigger jettings.

Anyhoo, just felt like posting something up and giving my angle on why I am now a WON convert.

And it's a good thing you did as I like to hear from other converts! :cheers:

Last edited by Turbobox on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Judt thought i'd.....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

Good post and the only comment required, is that you won't need a REVO Max Extreme if you stick with pulsed technology, as you'd need REVO valves to benefit from a REVO Max.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!