NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: heads for nos
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:25 am 

hi i am sorting out a new build with what i have laying around ,it will be around 410 ci ,4 inch stroke ,6,123 rod 12.5 to 13.1 comp ,street/strip aiming for 950-1000 hp .350-400 hit . i have 2 sets of heads they are no 1 is a 18 degree head 65 cc chamber 230 cc intake runner 2.10/1.65,head flow is 340/222 @650 lift . head no 2 is a 10 degree 34 cc chamber 300 cc intake runner 2.25/1.55 valve head flow 390/219@750 cam is not ideal it is 278/282@050 inlet opens 51 close 85 and exhaust opens 92 and close at 50. lift with 1.6 rocker on first heads is 710/690 and head 2 will be 821/734 what are your thoughts cheers

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: heads for nos
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

The vast majority of our customers and members of our forum run European engines (we are based in the UK and not the USA), so we have very little experience of US V8 engines. We don't have heads with different chamber angles over here, so we have even less knowledge on that particular aspect of US motors.

All I can tell you in 'general' terms is the following;

1) If you want to add the max amount of nitrous to a motor while retaining the max level of reliability, you need the following;
i) Lower rather than higher compression
ii) The distance from the piston crown to the crown for approx 1/4 of an inch from the periphery of the piston inwards, should be as close to the same all the way round the perimeter.
2) The cam wants to be as big as possible on inlet and exhaust but the exhaust side should be considered more than the inlet.

If you contact this guy on Facebook, he's the most knowledgeable American on nitrous oxide and US motors that I've ever met, so he'd be the best guy to speak to.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:57 am 

Noswizard wrote:
The vast majority of our customers and members of our forum run European engines (we are based in the UK and not the USA), so we have very little experience of US V8 engines. We don't have heads with different chamber angles over here, so we have even less knowledge on that particular aspect of US motors.

All I can tell you in 'general' terms is the following;

1) If you want to add the max amount of nitrous to a motor while retaining the max level of reliability, you need the following;
i) Lower rather than higher compression
ii) The distance from the piston crown to the crown for approx 1/4 of an inch from the periphery of the piston inwards, should be as close to the same all the way round the perimeter.
2) The cam wants to be as big as possible on inlet and exhaust but the exhaust side should be considered more than the inlet.

If you contact this guy on Facebook, he's the most knowledgeable American on nitrous oxide and US motors that I've ever met, so he'd be the best guy to speak to.

thanks trev ,what is the name of the guy to contact on facebook

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

His name is Ron Clark. He's a bit of an eccentric and most other American nitrous 'experts' (lol) claim he's wrong about his think on nitrous (just as they claim about me, despite proving them wrong time and time again, as well as creating the most advanced nitrous products in the world) but I can assure you that he's MUCH smarter than all the others put together and his thoughts on nitrous are correct.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:41 pm 

Noswizard wrote:
His name is Ron Clark. He's a bit of an eccentric and most other American nitrous 'experts' (lol) claim he's wrong about his think on nitrous (just as they claim about me, despite proving them wrong time and time again, as well as creating the most advanced nitrous products in the world) but I can assure you that he's MUCH smarter than all the others put together and his thoughts on nitrous are correct.

thanks mate .i found him thanks cheers for your help :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

My pleasure and if you get advice that contradicts what he says from ANYONE ELSE, ignore them.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)