NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:21 am 
Wizard

hi all
Has anyone done a install on the s recently..i had to go back 5 years and found sharpys post http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtop ... r+s#p68595 ;)
my question really is (if trev is reading) is the position of the crossfire still the best place.
cheers

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:45 am 
Wizard

The injector location in the link looks good to me, I'm sure trev would say the same.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:04 am 
Wizard

Many thanks..even i posted that day, brought back memories wonder were all the old boys have gone :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 am 
Wizard

teddybare wrote:
Many thanks..even i posted that day, brought back memories wonder were all the old boys have gone :D

not too sure. Maybe the won systems work so well that they don't need advice anymore LOL :rofl:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:42 am 
Site Admin

teddybare wrote:
hi all
Has anyone done a install on the s recently..i had to go back 5 years and found sharpys post http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtop ... r+s#p68595 ;)
my question really is (if trev is reading) is the position of the crossfire still the best place.
cheers

Hi Ted good to hear from you after so long and yes that's still the best location.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Turbobox wrote:
teddybare wrote:

not too sure. Maybe the won systems work so well that they don't need advice anymore LOL :rofl:

That's not actually a joke, as that is exactly the situation and just like you, most of them are sharing their knowledge but they do it on forums that are specific to the cars they own.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:49 am 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
Turbobox wrote:

That's not actually a joke, as that is exactly the situation and just like you, most of them are sharing their knowledge but they do it on forums that are specific to the cars they own.

That's why it's so funny! You can't get that kind of reliability and performance from any other company!

And I'm not going anywhere as I don't like car forums because they are swarmed with DUMBASSES!!!

I like it here and I like juicing anything that inspires me! The Lexus is going to be my next application! 1000 HP!!!! And that's NOT a joke! :yes:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:45 am 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
teddybare wrote:
hi all
cheers

Hi Ted good to hear from you after so long and yes that's still the best location.

Cheers trev..hope your well ,the mx5 is of course running like clockwork 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

teddybare wrote:
Noswizard wrote:
teddybare wrote:
hi all
cheers

Cheers trev..hope your well ,the mx5 is of course running like clockwork 8)

Yes thanks Ted and glad to hear the MX5 is still going strong. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Turbobox wrote:
Noswizard wrote:
Turbobox wrote:

That's why it's so funny! You can't get that kind of reliability and performance from any other company!
VERY TRUE!!!!

And I'm not going anywhere as I don't like car forums because they are swarmed with DUMBASSES!!!
Also VERY TRUE!!!!! To make matters worse those dumbasses all 'think' they are nitrous experts. You wouldn't believe the stupidity of such dumbasses, that I encountered while trying to educate a scooter forum. None of them had ever used nitrous and yet they refused to accept anything I said - UNREAL!!!!!

I like it here and I like juicing anything that inspires me! The Lexus is going to be my next application! 1000 HP!!!! And that's NOT a joke! :yes:
Very glad to hear it and grateful for the assistance you give to the other members, which saves me a good deal of time as well.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:37 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
Also VERY TRUE!!!!! To make matters worse those dumbasses all 'think' they are nitrous experts. You wouldn't believe the stupidity of such dumbasses, that I encountered while trying to educate a scooter forum. None of them had ever used nitrous and yet they refused to accept anything I said - UNREAL!!!!!

OMG I know I spend many hours scouring these forums and I am appalled at how stupid these people are and then they praise the "experts" who obviously know nothing about nitrous and spread more shit about it. For example, that guy Dave from nitrous outlet told a guy to get rid of his water injection because it was complicating his tune for nitrous and I was like "what the shit?" This "vendor" and "nitrous expert" is blaming a water injection kit for the obvious deficiencies of generic US GARBAGE. And then he goes on saying that he's "designed, plumbed, and installed nitrous kits" for years and knows all there is about it when if he really knew any facts about it he wouldn't be selling his shit kits designed by other companies!!!! GODDAMN SHEPARDS AND THEIR SHEEP!

Very glad to hear it and grateful for the assistance you give to the other members, which saves me a good deal of time as well.

it always a pleasure and I wish I had more time to resort to my projects to learn more about this wonderful performance adder and further dispel the garbage myths created by the FOOLS AND DUMBASSES!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Turbobox wrote:
Noswizard wrote:
OMG I know I spend many hours scouring these forums and I am appalled at how stupid these people are and then they praise the "experts" who obviously know nothing about nitrous and spread more shit about it. For example, that guy Dave from nitrous outlet told a guy to get rid of his water injection because it was complicating his tune for nitrous and I was like "what the shit?" This "vendor" and "nitrous expert" is blaming a water injection kit for the obvious deficiencies of generic US GARBAGE. And then he goes on saying that he's "designed, plumbed, and installed nitrous kits" for years and knows all there is about it when if he really knew any facts about it he wouldn't be selling his shit kits designed by other companies!!!! GODDAMN SHEPARDS AND THEIR SHEEP!
Couldn't agree more and HE is one of the worst in the business, as his products are TERRIBLE (especially for distribution) and he has NO IDEA what he's talking about. He once wanted to buy/sell our Max Extreme but he was concerned that the price was too high and admitted, that his ONLY priority was to sell the lowest priced products, regardless of everything else.
There will NEVER be a day when low priced products are the best!!!!! Just a shame that more people don't appreciate that.

it always a pleasure and I wish I had more time to resort to my projects to learn more about this wonderful performance adder and further dispel the garbage myths created by the FOOLS AND DUMBASSES!!!
I've been trying to do that for over 35 years 24/7 and yet I still seem to have failed to convince the majority, so the best we can both hope for is to save the odd guy now and then, who is smart enough to listen and see sense, as was the case when I converted you. ;) :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:44 am 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
Couldn't agree more and HE is one of the worst in the business, as his products are TERRIBLE (especially for distribution) and he has NO IDEA what he's talking about. He once wanted to buy/sell our Max Extreme but he was concerned that the price was too high and admitted, that his ONLY priority was to sell the lowest priced products, regardless of everything else.
There will NEVER be a day when low priced products are the best!!!!! Just a shame that more people don't appreciate that.

I've seen his work and I agree that it is ATROCIOUS! I see those direct port rail systems all over the internet and to make matters worse, they insist on making the fuel lines of equal length to the nitrous when they should in fact be short and direct! Not to mention all of those tight turns and radiuses used in the plumbing... MORONIC!!!

I've been trying to do that for over 35 years 24/7 and yet I still seem to have failed to convince the majority, so the best we can both hope for is to save the odd guy now and then, who is smart enough to listen and see sense, as was the case when I converted you. ;) :yes:

It's as you said before, these "experts" chase around patriotic DUMBASSES on those car forums by signing up as certified vendors, which sets the trap for the helpless newcomers to fall into and believe their BS! :tard: :tard: :tard:

And guess what I saw just a couple hours ago? I watched the new movie film "Creed" and the opposing boxer's trainer had his team shirt on and on the tip of his sleeve... IS THE "NX" NITROUS EXPRESS LOGO!!! IT WAS CLEAR AS DAY TO ME AND I NEAR SPIT OUT MY SODA IN SURPRISE!!! I didn't see THAT one coming at all! :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

Their ATTEMPT at a cheap copy of my Spider is even worse and more stupid than the rails they all sell, as it has NINETEEN outlets, which for the life of me I can't begin to imagine why the IDIOTS chose that number and not 8.
I hate to think how much turbulence that's going to cause as the plumes hit random parts of the irregular manifold walls, rather than firing directly down each runner - INSANE!!!!!

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:48 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
Their ATTEMPT at a cheap copy of my Spider is even worse and more stupid than the rails they all sell, as it has NINETEEN outlets, which for the life of me I can't begin to imagine why the IDIOTS chose that number and not 8.
I hate to think how much turbulence that's going to cause as the plumes hit random parts of the irregular manifold walls, rather than firing directly down each runner - INSANE!!!!!

:rofl:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

He 'claimed' it wasn't an attempt at a copy just because it had 19 holes, which is probably the only reason he did it that way.

When I pointed out that the reason the Spider has legs, is to prevent the middle cylinders robbing the nitrous intended for the outer cylinders (as it has to pass them first), he claimed that I was just making it overly complex.

OBVIOUSLY he hasn't done any testing to discover that is a major problem with a BASIC central discharge arrangement like his and the Speedtech plates.

One thing is CERTAIN, if I didn't need to go to the extra expense of adding legs, I would NOT have bothered but as always, I put CORRECT FUNCTION over ALL other considerations, whereas EVERY OTHER COMPANY ONLY BASE THEIR PRODUCTS, ON HOW MUCH PROFIT THEY CAN MAKE.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:28 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
He 'claimed' it wasn't an attempt at a copy just because it had 19 holes, which is probably the only reason he did it that way.

WTF!? :omgrofl:

When I pointed out that the reason the Spider has legs, is to prevent the middle cylinders robbing the nitrous intended for the outer cylinders (as it has to pass them first), he claimed that I was just making it overly complex.

:rofl:

OBVIOUSLY he hasn't done any testing to discover that is a major problem with a BASIC central discharge arrangement like his and the Speedtech plates.

If it sprays a pretty pattern, then it's good right? :drunken:

One thing is CERTAIN, if I didn't need to go to the extra expense of adding legs, I would NOT have bothered but as always, I put CORRECT FUNCTION over ALL other considerations, whereas EVERY OTHER COMPANY ONLY BASE THEIR PRODUCTS, ON HOW MUCH PROFIT THEY CAN MAKE.

:yes:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:44 am 
Site Admin

Exactly!!!!

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:20 pm 
Wizard

Well the mx5 has gone...haven't the heart for another ..mini R53 is calling to me,(supercharger whine and all that 8) ) trev that fuel rail connection looks lovely and handy, do you provide such a thing ,sorry if its in the shop and i missed it ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:40 pm 
Wizard

teddybare wrote:
Well the mx5 has gone...haven't the heart for another ..mini R53 is calling to me,(supercharger whine and all that 8) ) trev that fuel rail connection looks lovely and handy, do you provide such a thing ,sorry if its in the shop and i missed it ;)

If the fitting is a -4AN :http://www.noswizard.com/nitrous-ancillaries/nitrous-components/fittings-adaptors/4an-to-5mm.html

Else there are similar fittings with different female threads to fit the rail:

http://www.noswizard.com/nitrous-ancillaries/nitrous-components/fittings-adaptors/1-8-bsp-f-5mm-f-adpt.html
http://www.noswizard.com/nitrous-ancillaries/nitrous-components/fittings-adaptors/connector-5mm-to-5mm-f-f.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:19 pm 
Wizard

Great thanks very much...will research what the mini fuel rail size is :yes:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:23 pm 
Wizard

4-AN seems to be the answer..getting excited and i haven't even looked at any cars yet :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:23 pm 
Wizard

teddybare wrote:
4-AN seems to be the answer..getting excited and i haven't even looked at any cars yet :D

I expect a full report of your efforts! :yes:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:13 pm 
Wizard

will do sir.... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:48 pm 
Wizard

blimey who needs one crossfire when you can have four.... :shock:
i have all the gear in my box too :D

Last edited by teddybare on Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.