NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum
 
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:33 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:21 am 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 911
Location: liverpool
hi all
Has anyone done a install on the s recently..i had to go back 5 years and found sharpys post http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtop ... r+s#p68595 ;)
my question really is (if trev is reading) is the position of the crossfire still the best place.
cheers

_________________
Ted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:45 am 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Posts: 968
Location: Orlando, Fl in 'Merrrrica!
The injector location in the link looks good to me, I'm sure trev would say the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:04 am 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 911
Location: liverpool
Many thanks..even i posted that day, brought back memories wonder were all the old boys have gone :D

_________________
Ted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 am 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Posts: 968
Location: Orlando, Fl in 'Merrrrica!
teddybare wrote:
Many thanks..even i posted that day, brought back memories wonder were all the old boys have gone :D


not too sure. Maybe the won systems work so well that they don't need advice anymore LOL :rofl:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:42 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 18701
Location: Doncaster
teddybare wrote:
hi all
Has anyone done a install on the s recently..i had to go back 5 years and found sharpys post http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtop ... r+s#p68595 ;)
my question really is (if trev is reading) is the position of the crossfire still the best place.
cheers

Hi Ted good to hear from you after so long and yes that's still the best location.

_________________
Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:44 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 18701
Location: Doncaster
Turbobox wrote:
teddybare wrote:
Many thanks..even i posted that day, brought back memories wonder were all the old boys have gone :D


not too sure. Maybe the won systems work so well that they don't need advice anymore LOL :rofl:


That's not actually a joke, as that is exactly the situation and just like you, most of them are sharing their knowledge but they do it on forums that are specific to the cars they own.

_________________
Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:49 am 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Posts: 968
Location: Orlando, Fl in 'Merrrrica!
Noswizard wrote:
Turbobox wrote:
not too sure. Maybe the won systems work so well that they don't need advice anymore LOL :rofl:


That's not actually a joke, as that is exactly the situation and just like you, most of them are sharing their knowledge but they do it on forums that are specific to the cars they own.


That's why it's so funny! You can't get that kind of reliability and performance from any other company!

And I'm not going anywhere as I don't like car forums because they are swarmed with DUMBASSES!!!

I like it here and I like juicing anything that inspires me! The Lexus is going to be my next application! 1000 HP!!!! And that's NOT a joke! :yes:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:45 am 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 911
Location: liverpool
Noswizard wrote:
teddybare wrote:
hi all
Has anyone done a install on the s recently..i had to go back 5 years and found sharpys post http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtop ... r+s#p68595 ;)
my question really is (if trev is reading) is the position of the crossfire still the best place.
cheers

Hi Ted good to hear from you after so long and yes that's still the best location.


Cheers trev..hope your well ,the mx5 is of course running like clockwork 8)

_________________
Ted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 18701
Location: Doncaster
teddybare wrote:
Noswizard wrote:
teddybare wrote:
hi all
Has anyone done a install on the s recently..i had to go back 5 years and found sharpys post http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtop ... r+s#p68595 ;)
my question really is (if trev is reading) is the position of the crossfire still the best place.
cheers

Hi Ted good to hear from you after so long and yes that's still the best location.


Cheers trev..hope your well ,the mx5 is of course running like clockwork 8)


Yes thanks Ted and glad to hear the MX5 is still going strong. :yes:

_________________
Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 18701
Location: Doncaster
Turbobox wrote:
Noswizard wrote:
Turbobox wrote:
not too sure. Maybe the won systems work so well that they don't need advice anymore LOL :rofl:


That's not actually a joke, as that is exactly the situation and just like you, most of them are sharing their knowledge but they do it on forums that are specific to the cars they own.


That's why it's so funny! You can't get that kind of reliability and performance from any other company!
VERY TRUE!!!!

And I'm not going anywhere as I don't like car forums because they are swarmed with DUMBASSES!!!
Also VERY TRUE!!!!! To make matters worse those dumbasses all 'think' they are nitrous experts. You wouldn't believe the stupidity of such dumbasses, that I encountered while trying to educate a scooter forum. None of them had ever used nitrous and yet they refused to accept anything I said - UNREAL!!!!!

I like it here and I like juicing anything that inspires me! The Lexus is going to be my next application! 1000 HP!!!! And that's NOT a joke! :yes:
Very glad to hear it and grateful for the assistance you give to the other members, which saves me a good deal of time as well.


_________________
Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:37 pm 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Posts: 968
Location: Orlando, Fl in 'Merrrrica!
Noswizard wrote:
Also VERY TRUE!!!!! To make matters worse those dumbasses all 'think' they are nitrous experts. You wouldn't believe the stupidity of such dumbasses, that I encountered while trying to educate a scooter forum. None of them had ever used nitrous and yet they refused to accept anything I said - UNREAL!!!!!

OMG I know I spend many hours scouring these forums and I am appalled at how stupid these people are and then they praise the "experts" who obviously know nothing about nitrous and spread more shit about it. For example, that guy Dave from nitrous outlet told a guy to get rid of his water injection because it was complicating his tune for nitrous and I was like "what the shit?" This "vendor" and "nitrous expert" is blaming a water injection kit for the obvious deficiencies of generic US GARBAGE. And then he goes on saying that he's "designed, plumbed, and installed nitrous kits" for years and knows all there is about it when if he really knew any facts about it he wouldn't be selling his shit kits designed by other companies!!!! GODDAMN SHEPARDS AND THEIR SHEEP!

Very glad to hear it and grateful for the assistance you give to the other members, which saves me a good deal of time as well.

it always a pleasure and I wish I had more time to resort to my projects to learn more about this wonderful performance adder and further dispel the garbage myths created by the FOOLS AND DUMBASSES!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:09 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 18701
Location: Doncaster
Turbobox wrote:
Noswizard wrote:
OMG I know I spend many hours scouring these forums and I am appalled at how stupid these people are and then they praise the "experts" who obviously know nothing about nitrous and spread more shit about it. For example, that guy Dave from nitrous outlet told a guy to get rid of his water injection because it was complicating his tune for nitrous and I was like "what the shit?" This "vendor" and "nitrous expert" is blaming a water injection kit for the obvious deficiencies of generic US GARBAGE. And then he goes on saying that he's "designed, plumbed, and installed nitrous kits" for years and knows all there is about it when if he really knew any facts about it he wouldn't be selling his shit kits designed by other companies!!!! GODDAMN SHEPARDS AND THEIR SHEEP!
Couldn't agree more and HE is one of the worst in the business, as his products are TERRIBLE (especially for distribution) and he has NO IDEA what he's talking about. He once wanted to buy/sell our Max Extreme but he was concerned that the price was too high and admitted, that his ONLY priority was to sell the lowest priced products, regardless of everything else.
There will NEVER be a day when low priced products are the best!!!!! Just a shame that more people don't appreciate that.


it always a pleasure and I wish I had more time to resort to my projects to learn more about this wonderful performance adder and further dispel the garbage myths created by the FOOLS AND DUMBASSES!!!
I've been trying to do that for over 35 years 24/7 and yet I still seem to have failed to convince the majority, so the best we can both hope for is to save the odd guy now and then, who is smart enough to listen and see sense, as was the case when I converted you. ;) :yes:

_________________
Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:44 am 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Posts: 968
Location: Orlando, Fl in 'Merrrrica!
Noswizard wrote:
Couldn't agree more and HE is one of the worst in the business, as his products are TERRIBLE (especially for distribution) and he has NO IDEA what he's talking about. He once wanted to buy/sell our Max Extreme but he was concerned that the price was too high and admitted, that his ONLY priority was to sell the lowest priced products, regardless of everything else.
There will NEVER be a day when low priced products are the best!!!!! Just a shame that more people don't appreciate that.


I've seen his work and I agree that it is ATROCIOUS! I see those direct port rail systems all over the internet and to make matters worse, they insist on making the fuel lines of equal length to the nitrous when they should in fact be short and direct! Not to mention all of those tight turns and radiuses used in the plumbing... MORONIC!!!

I've been trying to do that for over 35 years 24/7 and yet I still seem to have failed to convince the majority, so the best we can both hope for is to save the odd guy now and then, who is smart enough to listen and see sense, as was the case when I converted you. ;) :yes:

It's as you said before, these "experts" chase around patriotic DUMBASSES on those car forums by signing up as certified vendors, which sets the trap for the helpless newcomers to fall into and believe their BS! :tard: :tard: :tard:

And guess what I saw just a couple hours ago? I watched the new movie film "Creed" and the opposing boxer's trainer had his team shirt on and on the tip of his sleeve... IS THE "NX" NITROUS EXPRESS LOGO!!! IT WAS CLEAR AS DAY TO ME AND I NEAR SPIT OUT MY SODA IN SURPRISE!!! I didn't see THAT one coming at all! :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft:



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 18701
Location: Doncaster
Their ATTEMPT at a cheap copy of my Spider is even worse and more stupid than the rails they all sell, as it has NINETEEN outlets, which for the life of me I can't begin to imagine why the IDIOTS chose that number and not 8.
I hate to think how much turbulence that's going to cause as the plumes hit random parts of the irregular manifold walls, rather than firing directly down each runner - INSANE!!!!!

_________________
Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:48 pm 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Posts: 968
Location: Orlando, Fl in 'Merrrrica!
Noswizard wrote:
Their ATTEMPT at a cheap copy of my Spider is even worse and more stupid than the rails they all sell, as it has NINETEEN outlets, which for the life of me I can't begin to imagine why the IDIOTS chose that number and not 8.
I hate to think how much turbulence that's going to cause as the plumes hit random parts of the irregular manifold walls, rather than firing directly down each runner - INSANE!!!!!


:rofl:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 18701
Location: Doncaster
He 'claimed' it wasn't an attempt at a copy just because it had 19 holes, which is probably the only reason he did it that way.

When I pointed out that the reason the Spider has legs, is to prevent the middle cylinders robbing the nitrous intended for the outer cylinders (as it has to pass them first), he claimed that I was just making it overly complex.

OBVIOUSLY he hasn't done any testing to discover that is a major problem with a BASIC central discharge arrangement like his and the Speedtech plates.

One thing is CERTAIN, if I didn't need to go to the extra expense of adding legs, I would NOT have bothered but as always, I put CORRECT FUNCTION over ALL other considerations, whereas EVERY OTHER COMPANY ONLY BASE THEIR PRODUCTS, ON HOW MUCH PROFIT THEY CAN MAKE.

_________________
Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:28 pm 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Posts: 968
Location: Orlando, Fl in 'Merrrrica!
Noswizard wrote:
He 'claimed' it wasn't an attempt at a copy just because it had 19 holes, which is probably the only reason he did it that way.

WTF!? :omgrofl:

When I pointed out that the reason the Spider has legs, is to prevent the middle cylinders robbing the nitrous intended for the outer cylinders (as it has to pass them first), he claimed that I was just making it overly complex.

:rofl:

OBVIOUSLY he hasn't done any testing to discover that is a major problem with a BASIC central discharge arrangement like his and the Speedtech plates.

If it sprays a pretty pattern, then it's good right? :drunken:

One thing is CERTAIN, if I didn't need to go to the extra expense of adding legs, I would NOT have bothered but as always, I put CORRECT FUNCTION over ALL other considerations, whereas EVERY OTHER COMPANY ONLY BASE THEIR PRODUCTS, ON HOW MUCH PROFIT THEY CAN MAKE.

:yes:



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:44 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 18701
Location: Doncaster
Exactly!!!!

_________________
Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:20 pm 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 911
Location: liverpool
Well the mx5 has gone...haven't the heart for another ..mini R53 is calling to me,(supercharger whine and all that 8) ) trev that fuel rail connection looks lovely and handy, do you provide such a thing ,sorry if its in the shop and i missed it ;)

Image

_________________
Ted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:40 pm 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Posts: 968
Location: Orlando, Fl in 'Merrrrica!
teddybare wrote:
Well the mx5 has gone...haven't the heart for another ..mini R53 is calling to me,(supercharger whine and all that 8) ) trev that fuel rail connection looks lovely and handy, do you provide such a thing ,sorry if its in the shop and i missed it ;)

Image


If the fitting is a -4AN :http://www.noswizard.com/nitrous-ancillaries/nitrous-components/fittings-adaptors/4an-to-5mm.html

Else there are similar fittings with different female threads to fit the rail:

http://www.noswizard.com/nitrous-ancillaries/nitrous-components/fittings-adaptors/1-8-bsp-f-5mm-f-adpt.html
http://www.noswizard.com/nitrous-ancillaries/nitrous-components/fittings-adaptors/connector-5mm-to-5mm-f-f.html


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:19 pm 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 911
Location: liverpool
Great thanks very much...will research what the mini fuel rail size is :yes:

_________________
Ted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:23 pm 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 911
Location: liverpool
4-AN seems to be the answer..getting excited and i haven't even looked at any cars yet :D

_________________
Ted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:23 pm 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Posts: 968
Location: Orlando, Fl in 'Merrrrica!
teddybare wrote:
4-AN seems to be the answer..getting excited and i haven't even looked at any cars yet :D



I expect a full report of your efforts! :yes:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:13 pm 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 911
Location: liverpool
will do sir.... 8)

_________________
Ted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: mini cooper s R53 and nitrous
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:48 pm 
Offline
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 911
Location: liverpool
blimey who needs one crossfire when you can have four.... :shock:
i have all the gear in my box too :D

Image

_________________
Ted


Last edited by teddybare on Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

  • Advertisement
Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits