NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ROFL WAFFLE! Holley-NOS forum!?!?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:22 am 
Wizard

I just found out holley-NOS actually has a forum section... and it's utterly pathetic!
There are 68 total topics in that place with 39 of them being FAQ topics created by the admins, which regurgitate the same garbage as the rest of the NOS site.

But what makes me laugh is the way that the questions are answered. They are either:
A) Totally ignored.
B) Force fed a link to 30 year old information :omgrofl:

Just check out some examples, and I quote:

Quote:
What kind of testing or research is performed on NOS products?
NOS maintains a complete research and development center including computerized dynamometer equipment as well as a nitrous/fuel flow testing facility. In addition, NOS is actively involved in many aspects of racing: working closely with many top name racers to develop the most powerful and reliable nitrous systems in the world.

Is that all they do? Test engine outputs and nitrous system flow rates? There is no mention to any sort of REAL R&D to improve nitrous system design AT ALL!!!! :rofl: And what's this about working closely with top racers? I've never seen a NOS rep at any big drag events, and IIRC Trev told mentioned that he used to rep for himself and even help racers with other shit brands of kits because there were no signs of any reps from other companies!

Here's another example of a stupid response to a topic:

Quote:
Most engines will find their sweet spot around 12.5:1 AFR. You will want to pay close attention to your plug readings including the timing line on the ground strap. Contrary to popular beliefs, a richer mixture is not safe. You will damage a piston faster running too rich than too lean. As long as you pull enough timing out of the engine, a lean tune will result in a loss of power and not engine damage.

WTF kind of info is that? Lean fuel ratios kill engines all of the time and rich ratios just end up in making shit power. :beatstick:

... This is the kind of shit I find when I'm bored at work.

Explore for yourselves: http://forums.holley.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Nitrous-Oxide-Systems

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: ROFL WAFFLE! Holley-NOS forum!?!?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:08 am 
Site Admin

Turbobox wrote:
I just found out holley-NOS actually has a forum section... and it's utterly pathetic!
There are 68 total topics in that place with 39 of them being FAQ topics created by the admins, which regurgitate the same garbage as the rest of the NOS site.
And this is the best nitrous company in the world according to one guy who was stupid enough to chose NOS instead of WON - WHAT A JOKE and a BAD ONE at that.

But what makes me laugh is the way that the questions are answered. They are either:
A) Totally ignored.
B) Force fed a link to 30 year old information :omgrofl:
Obviously the put profit before their customers and you'd think that alone, would be enough to convince EVERYONE that they'd be better off choosing WON.

Just check out some examples, and I quote:

Quote:
What kind of testing or research is performed on NOS products?
NOS maintains a complete research and development center including computerized dynamometer equipment as well as a nitrous/fuel flow testing facility. In addition, NOS is actively involved in many aspects of racing: working closely with many top name racers to develop the most powerful and reliable nitrous systems in the world.

Is that all they do? Test engine outputs and nitrous system flow rates? There is no mention to any sort of REAL R&D to improve nitrous system design AT ALL!!!! :rofl: And what's this about working closely with top racers? I've never seen a NOS rep at any big drag events, and IIRC Trev told mentioned that he used to rep for himself and even help racers with other shit brands of kits because there were no signs of any reps from other companies!
The TRUTH is that they don't even do that (although they have done EXTENSIVE testing of my Pulsoids and Maximiser and found they were TOO RELIABLE for them to make any profit on selling service kits), as I've seen their R&D section in person and there was NOTHING going on. I was also told later on that they were cutting back on the R&D expenditure, so whatever they had been doing, wasn't going to continue.

Here's another example of a stupid response to a topic:

Quote:
Most engines will find their sweet spot around 12.5:1 AFR. You will want to pay close attention to your plug readings including the timing line on the ground strap. Contrary to popular beliefs, a richer mixture is not safe. You will damage a piston faster running too rich than too lean. As long as you pull enough timing out of the engine, a lean tune will result in a loss of power and not engine damage.

WTF kind of info is that? Lean fuel ratios kill engines all of the time and rich ratios just end up in making shit power. :beatstick:
I've ALWAYS run my motors RICH as they make MORE TORQUE that way (although they lose a few PEAK BHP) and produce quicker acceleration. What those FOOLS don't understand is that their GARBAGE Fogger nozzles do such a TERRIBLE job of atomising the fuel, that what they THINK is failure caused by rich mixture, is ACTUALLY failure caused by LACK OF ATOMISATION. This is then aggravated by the super cooling caused by using a combined nitrous and fuel nozzle (on BIG doses) and that results in, FAILURE OF SOME OF THE FUEL TO VAPORISE (which can't then burn) and as a consequence, the engine detonates to death in milliseconds (whilst 'APPEARING' to run rich), thus FOOLING the FOOLS into thinking the mixture is the problem, WHEN IN FACT IT IS NOT.

... This is the kind of shit I find when I'm bored at work.

Explore for yourselves: http://forums.holley.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Nitrous-Oxide-Systems

The only response I can give is; :tard: :loser: :omgrofl: :beatstick:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!