NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pulsing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:24 am 

Hi everyone, this is my first question. I am going to get the greatest kit (WON) soon but as im new to nos i have been reading up on certain things and came across pulsing....what is it please. :scratch:

Cheers guys,see you around the forum

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Pulsing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:41 pm 
Learner

Pulsing is rapidly turning the solenoid(s) off and on to reduce the volume delivered.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:13 pm 
Wizard

Welcome to the forum!

To add to Bad Bug's reply, the purpose of pulsing (rapidly switching the solenoid on and off) is to control the amount of the nitrous mix into the engine, which allows for a variable power delivery. This is advantageous in a number of ways and the most common uses are: avoiding excessive tire spin and reducing stress on weak components such as a clutch disk.

In my case, I have a turbocharged, front-wheel drive car that spins the front tires very easily and has a weak clutch disk. I have my system come on full for a second to instantly spool up the turbo, then immediately pulse the solenoids to reduce nitrous power as my turbo is strong in the low to midrange. But as the engine gets up to speed and approaches the upper RPM, my turbo loses its power and the nitrous system gradually ramps back up to 100%; this recovers the lost power and my car continues pulling all throughout the RPM range. Furthermore, my clutch is weak so having both full nitrous and full boost causes it to slip excessively. And by controlling the power curve, the clutch pretty much stays at the ragged edge without slippage.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

Black Wizard wrote:
Hi everyone, this is my first question. I am going to get the greatest kit (WON) soon but as im new to nos i have been reading up on certain things and came across pulsing....what is it please. :scratch:

Cheers guys,see you around the forum

Welcome to my forum.

Approx. 35 years ago ALL that was available was a single fixed stage kit, which meant that whenever you activated it the engine power JUMPED by whatever power level the kit was jetted to deliver.
The first 'advance' by US nitrous companies from this very basic concept, was to fit a second kit (stage) that could be activated at some time after the first, so more power could be added when the car could handle the additional increase. This was subsequently followed by three, four and even five kits or stages, in an effort to deliver the power in a more manageable (progressive) way.

While US companies were taking this very crude route, I was inventing the much more advanced and far better way of delivering nitrous progressively, which is known as pulse technology but I very quickly realised, that I could invent an even better technology, which delivers nitrous in a genuinely graduated way, which I call my REVO system.

Due to market forces I decided to develop both technologies and WON products lead the world to such an extent, that no other company even offers a REVO type product and although they've created their own pulse controllers, they still use generic (industrial grade) solenoids, which are far from adequate for the purpose.

The way pulse technology works is this;

You take a system that can deliver say 500 HP but as your vehicle can only handle 100 HP when the system is first activated, instead of turning the system full on constantly, we switch the solenoids on and off at a relatively quick rate (frequency), in a way that opens the solenoid for an average of 20% and closes it for 80%.
This results in the engine making an extra 100 HP instead of the full 500 HP which enables the vehicle to benefit from the 100 HP very early in the run (usually from the start), rather than have to wait until later in the run to use the full 500 HP.
We then change the ON to OFF ratio progressively 21% ON to 79% OFF, 22% ON to 78% OFF, etc. etc. until the solenoids reach 100% ON to 0% OFF.
This arrangement obviously delivers a very smooth progression from 20% to 100% in a much better way, than the US crude staged method and without all the other disadvantages of; higher cost, additional weight, greater risk of failure and not actually being genuinely progressive.
Since I first invented pulsed technology I have spent the past 20 or so years developing and perfecting the most advanced means of pulsing the solenoids (as well as inventing and perfecting the only solenoids in the world, that are specifically designed for pulsing, which we call Pulsoids), in order to give my customers the highest level of power control on the planet, as shown here;
http://www.noswizard.com/nitrous-contro ... n88nh4fqa0

I hope that explains the concept for you adequately and if you'd like to learn more about my REVO system, you can find more information here;

http://www.noswizard.com/revo-system

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:54 pm 

Thanks Trev, that has well and truly explained it especially as it does no damage to the engine/gearbox etc.

We would love to come down for a quick chat about our needs so i will send you an email in the week :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds good to me. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!