NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Direct Port - Dry system via ECU?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:54 pm 

Hi all,
I've got a race spec engine built and my intention was always to run a good shot of nitrous. It's been built for events like 1/4mile etc.

As the engine was being built, I got Crossfire injectors fitted into the manifold and had the 4 way distribution block for fuel and nitrous.

My engine builder has advised that I run the fuel through the new engine management and in essence just inject nitrous.

So my question is, can I just use the nitrous side of the distribution block with the crossfire injectors (bunged on the fuel side), and would I therefore just need to purchase a dry kit ?

Thanks in advance.
Geraint

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: Direct Port - Dry system via ECU?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:23 pm 
Wizard

Welcome to the forum!

Yes you can just block off the fuel side.

Post subject: Re: Direct Port - Dry system via ECU?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Geraint,

Welcome to my forum and yes you can do that as Alex has confirmed for you BUT;

1) Unless you have someone who REALLY knows their stuff to map the fuel to the nitrous delivery (and if you want progressive delivery, in such a way as to match the changing amount of nitrous delivery), you would be better to stick with a wet system.

2) When you run a wet system you can benefit from my 35 YEARS of extensive experience, to ensure you achieve optimum results but in most very important aspects, if you choose the dry route you would be solely dependent on the far more limited knowledge/experience, of whoever you rely on to tune your ECU.

3) Unless you intend to add a substantial amount of nitrous power, there are no major benefits to a dry system.

4) Contrary to popular opinion, a dry system can cost more than a wet system. Whilst you will save on the nitrous components, most customers often spend much more on; i) Higher flow fuel components and/or ii) mapping and dyno time

If you still choose to go the dry route, we can take your D-Block back in PX for a nitrous only unit and we could supply you with some Crossfire to Venom adaptors along with Venom injectors to replace your Crossfires, which would be priced on a part exchange basis for your Crossfire's.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!