NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Toyota 3sge BEAMS install concerns
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:51 pm 

So, what i want to do is something like you see here from MCM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY25EjnH7K8
Using something akin to this: http://www.jegs.com/i/NOS/741/07005/...oductId=804733
Using a wideband and the Redtop in my Celica, using stock ECU, Stock motor internals.
Basically the motor as it is was built as toyota's answer to the v-tech in a larger more powerful package. Factory crank hp is in the neighborhood of 200 and the head has been proven to be one of if not the best flowing head toyota ever built. Internals share connecting rods with a generation of the turbo motor they put in the caldina and gt4, and the CR is around ?11.5:1? i think. All in all, really fun motor.

My only concern is how the intake manifold will like the wet system. As you can see in the picture, each runner to the cylinder has a velocity stack in the intake manifold. I presume the wet system "fog" would distribute evenly with the air, but I'd hate to lean out one cylinder by having the droplets actually stick to the side of the velocity stacks.

Anyone see any issue with doing this? Cause I don't upfront otherwise. I think the high CR should actually love it. I'm just looking for opinions on the matter.
thanks

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Toyota 3sge BEAMS install concerns
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

US brank nozzles were designed for Direct port use and its unscrupulous companies that sell kits with just one to feed multiple cylinders, as they are EXTREMELY BAD at distribution either fuel or nitrous to a number of cylinders from a single nozzle.

ALL US brand kits are just a bunch of conveniently available parts THROWN TOGETHER and sold to maximise the profit for the seller. There has been NO thought put in to the consequences of using such products on a wide range of applications.

The reverse is the case for ALL WON products as EVERY part and EVERY system has been specifically designed to deliver the best possible results for each application.

While you will get 'A RESULT' from fitting any other brand of nitrous kit, I GUARANTEE you that your engine will not last as long as it would if you chose a WON system and you would achieve much slower results from any other kit.

If you still decide to buy any other brand then my best advice is this, make sure it is a direct port system and get yourself a spare engine ready to replace the one you have, when the nitrous kit inevitably breaks your pistons.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!