NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: X2 race controller interference
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:29 am 
I had fitted a brand new x2 race controller and fuel and nitrous transducers to my gsxr. It's getting interference . None of reading are stable. Mostly the fuel pressure. I have checked the fuel pressure with a gauge and it is constant. But the max fluctuates between 0 and 15 psi. I have re earthed all wiring and earthed the main unit. I have also but big earth straps from battery to engine and frame. It's no better. I even get unstable readings when ignition is on and engine is not running.
What can I do to stop this or is there anybody who could do it for me. Thanks Dave

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: X2 race controller interference
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:58 am 
An update. Done a few tests to see if I could find the cause. I bypassed main ignition and powered up the x2. Still gets interference even with bike ignition off.
The two readings that are most affected are fuel pressure which fluctuates between 0 and 15 psi( actual pressure is 7 psi ) and battery volts fluctuate between 10v and 14.5( actual volt is 12.4.
Somebody today said it might be because the grounds might not be equal. So I took all grounds and connected on an earth strap and put that directly onto the battery. Still the same. Running out if ideas

So I've just read an old post about someone having an unstable fuel pressure reading. It turned out t
He had a fuel injected high pressure transducer fitted on his carbed system running low pressure.
Is there two different ones then. One to 20 bar and one to 1 bar. If so if I had the high pressure one could that be causing my reading to jump about. I'm now going to try to get the codes from it and post them. If trev could cross ref it for me.

I've just looked at it and it's says 0 to 10 bar. So is there a 0 to 1 bar available and would it cure the unstable reading.

Post subject: Re: X2 race controller interference
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:24 pm 
A 1 bar transducer should be sorted. Thanks to Dave at won. Trev things he should have one some where and it apears that Im not the only one who has had this problem in the past with very low psi reading. Just waiting for won to get back to me.