NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fitting Nitrous Kit to Audi S3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:24 pm 
Learner

I've got all my bit left over from when i was running nitrous on my st170 engine with throttle bodies and thinking of fitting it to my S3, 1,8t APY engine.

I've had a brief look and can't find any record of someone doing this.

If you have done any installs on these engines Trev can you point me in the right direction? I'm assuming the following.

1) Drop down to the original 25bhp jets or lower, the standard rods aren't big fans of the torque.
2) I've got a TPS adaptor but my car is drive by wire. Can this still be wired in at the throttle body without the ecu seeing an error, or so i need to go back to a conventional microswitch.
3) Go back to a single injector somewhere before the throttle body but after the intercoolers on a straight piece of boost pipe.
4) I think i may need to downsize to a 5lb bottle due to boot size. Would it be possible to part ex my 4 way block and injectors against a new/used 5lb bottle?

Thanks

Ryan

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Fitting Nitrous Kit to Audi S3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:11 am 
Site Admin

rhinopower wrote:
Quote:
I've got all my bit left over from when i was running nitrous on my st170 engine with throttle bodies and thinking of fitting it to my S3, 1,8t APY engine.
I've had a brief look and can't find any record of someone doing this.

It's the same as the VW engine as far as I'm aware and we've done LOADS of those.

Quote:
If you have done any installs on these engines Trev can you point me in the right direction? I'm assuming the following.

1) Drop down to the original 25bhp jets or lower, the standard rods aren't big fans of the torque.

Yes but the rods won't be a problem with nitrous and will handle plenty of torque.

Quote:
2) I've got a TPS adaptor but my car is drive by wire. Can this still be wired in at the throttle body without the ecu seeing an error, or so i need to go back to a conventional microswitch.

You can still use the TPS

Quote:
3) Go back to a single injector somewhere before the throttle body but after the intercoolers on a straight piece of boost pipe.

That or DP will be fine

Quote:
4) I think i may need to downsize to a 5lb bottle due to boot size. Would it be possible to part ex my 4 way block and injectors against a new/used 5lb bottle?

Yes but if you have those and can fit them to this engine, that's what I'd do.

Thanks

Ryan

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!