NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Member, with few questions (Supra with Nos)
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:23 am 

Hello am new to the site, so thought would say hello get some advice and ask few questions, sorry in advance if posted this in wrong section.

Name is Keith from Peterborough and drive Supra SZ manual N/A.
Mods so far on car are:
Bomex front Bumper
BC Racing coilovers
TT Front brakes with with grooved and Drilled discs
Grooved rear discs
HKS induction
Fully decated with Veilside exhaust
Bee R Rev limiter
18 TE Wheels with 25mm spacers rear & 20mm spacers Front
NX nos kit 15lb bottle,50 shot and purge kit.
Recently had MGT fit my NX NOS system to supra and the service and workmanship was fantastic would highly recommend them for any work.

Am after advice about insurance companies that will insure cars fitted with Nos please? as am currently with Sky insurance and now have nos they wont insure me and policy is up end of this month

Will upload pictures of my Nos install once have uploaded them to laptop plus few more pictures of supra

Thanks in advance for advice on insurance issue

Attachments:
File comment: Picture of my supra.
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0078.JPG [ 125.3 KiB | Viewed 14752 times ]

Running 50bhp shot at minute - NX Kit

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: New Member, with few questions (Supra with Nos)
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sorry to be the bearer of so much bad news but;

No insurance company I know of will insure a car with ANY US brand kit fitted, as they know what JUNK they are and how dangerous and hazardous they are, as demonstrated ENDLESSLY on YouTube like these examples;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9wC_N9VkoI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX1-LgDA1Go

And these guys were the LUCKY ones, as this is what it can often lead to;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhnItz8iUI

You'll NEVER hear of a WON customer suffering such problems, as we've DESIGNED our systems to avoid such problems and make them as safe as possible for our customers to use.

We spent 2 years in discussions with the insurance companies that insure our customers cars and it was only after we demonstrated the vastly superior safety of our systems and agreed to provide safety certification with each system, that they agreed to provide cover.

In addition to the high risks to you, your engine and your car associated with using JUNK US brand kits, you'll also be at risk of infringing the law, if you use it on the street without insurance and if that isn't bad enough, you're also going to miss out on what a GOOD nitrous system can deliver, as demonstrated here;

http://www.noswizard.com/pdf/nitrous_shootout_web.pdf

By the way, please don't mislead yourself by thinking that your NX kit is better than the Ny-Trex kit, because ALL US kits are as bad as each other, as they all use the same 'generic' components.

Luckily for you we offer upgrade systems to save people from all the above and hopefully you'll take advantage of this, BEFORE you learn the hard way that ALL the above are FACTS and NOT sales BS.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:08 pm 
Site Admin

PS. Such a shame to put such a nice car at such a high risk of destruction by fitting it with a JUNK US nitrous kit. :cry:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:22 pm 
Wizard

I still to this day get a sharp intake of breath or stony silence when you mention nitrous ,these videos are what most people seem to associate it with i think :rolleyes: ,unless your a WON customer of coarse and then you can feel smug when there hating on it :D

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

Exactly Ted and it ANNOYS ME TO HELL & BACK that US companies make such JUNK and not only get away with it but do so by PASSING THE BUCK for their incompetence on to NITROUS ITSELF.

It's like the Kings invisible cloths, they've put about this MYTH that nitrous ITSELF is responsible and the masses believe it, just because someone else says its so. I'm doing my best to BUST THE MYTH but its hard work, when so many people are suckered by their BULLSHIT.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:15 pm 

Noswizard I am happy with my NX kit and the main reason choose it was the bottle size and the braided lines plus he solonoids look better IMO, I know you can upgrade to braided lines with your kit, but your 11lb bottle is to long to fit in supra boot.
Also on the insurance front I sorted that today with Adrian Flux so car is covered with the nos so pleased with I also asked them to do quote with WON kit and price was the same. I have also rang the insurance companies that said wont insure because of the nos the 1st time I just said nos kit, then today said WON kit and it makes no difference they still wont insure me.
Performance direct and Keith Micheals gave me quote with nos and they said make doesn't matter.
And I know you trying to be helpful but all the videos on youtube in your link are years old. Their are few people in supra club using NX kits and not one has said its failed or ever gone wrong. so that also helped in my choice of kit.

I understand that their will always be two sides to the argument which is better but at end of day its down to personnel choice and instead of attacking and saying NX kit is wrong just because you think WON kit is better in USA its the other way round. I use your throttle switch on my kit plus I use the nylon lines for my purge kit and in future am considering using your equipment to fit direct port into supra but for the minute iam more than happy with what got and shouldn't that be main thing.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

SupraKeith wrote:
Noswizard I am happy with my NX kit
Unfortunately that will soon change VIRTUALLY GUARANTEED and if it doesn't you're extremely lucky and you haven't tried a WON system to compare it to.

and the main reason choose it was the bottle size
We have many Supra customers who've had no problem locating/mounting the bottle and that is a VERY MINOR matter, compared to the NUMEROUS other deficiencies of that kit.
For your further information, the quickest Supra in Europe uses our system and we expect to have a US customer set the world record before long.

and the braided lines plus he solonoids look better IMO,
Braided lines may 'look better' (in some people's opinions) but it is the WORST type of hose you could use, from both performance and safety perspectives.
Full details here;

http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=151
You may think their solenoids 'LOOK' better BUT as the solenoids are the MOST IMPORTANT part of the system and VITAL to most safety aspects, the PERFORMANCE of the solenoid SHOULD BE YOUR TOP PRIORITY.
In actual FACT NX solenoids are THE WORST IN THE WORLD (which is why they went to so much effort FOOLING people to buy them, by making them LOOK nicer than the generic solenoids that are UNDER the fancy cover) and just like ALL US brand solenoids, the ABSOLUTE PROOF of that is they they sell MILLIONS of SERVICE kits every year, whereas we don't even offer service kits for our Pulsoids.
Here are SOME of the NUMEROUS FACTUAL reasons why the NX solenoids are such JUNK (I say 'SOME' because the NX solenoids are even worse than the generic ones in my comparrison);

http://www.noswizard.com/pdf/won_vs_rest2.pdf

I know you can upgrade to braided lines with your kit, but your 11lb bottle is to long to fit in supra boot.

Also on the insurance front I sorted that today with Adrian Flux so car is covered with the nos so pleased with I also asked them to do quote with WON kit and price was the same.
In that case you've been VERY LUCKY, because you've spoken to an assistant who has NO idea what they are doing (we often get this kind of problem but it is usually the reverse, where WON customers are refused cover), as Adrian Flux is one of the companies we persuaded to insure OUR customers (at a time when they REFUSED to insure ANY brands) and the assistant you've luckily spoken to, can't be aware that the arrangement is restricted to WON brand systems and as a consequence you've benefited from our efforts in that regard.

I have also rang the insurance companies that said wont insure because of the nos the 1st time I just said nos kit, then today said WON kit and it makes no difference they still wont insure me.
That is to be expected, as we ONLY entered in to agreements with three companies.

Performance direct and Keith Micheals gave me quote with nos and they said make doesn't matter.
That is also to be expected, because they are unaware of the MAJOR HAZARDS of US brand kits compared to WON, as most people are.

And I know you trying to be helpful but all the videos on youtube in your link are years old.
Those particular ones may be but you're only fooling yourself if you think ANYTHING has changed since then, because I can GUARANTEE that NOTHING has, just as there have been NO SUBSTANTIVE CHANGES in US nitrous kits in over 50 years.

Their are few people in supra club using NX kits and not one has said its failed or ever gone wrong. so that also helped in my choice of kit.
:omgrofl: I deal with many 1,000s of customers every month and have done for 35 YEARS and about 40% of those customers are AMERICAN'S, many of who have LOST THOUSANDS OF $$$s as a consequence of JUNK US kits.
One particular guy who has set a number of HISTORIC records, informed me that his last year of racing cost him $65,000 in damaged engine parts, as a consequence of the deficiencies of the US kits. Since switching to WON he has spent NOTHING in that regard.

Just think about the following information for a while;
1) Due to the adverse exchange rate, my systems cost MUCH MORE in the US than US kits do
2) There are DOZENS of US brand nitrous kits that American's can choose from, all of which are much more convenient to deal with.
3) Unlike American nitrous companies we don't spend a dime on advertising, while they spend MILLIONS of $$s persuading people to buy their JUNK.
4) Despite all that being the case we have 1,000s of AMERICAN customers (some of them the TOP in their field) and the number is growing.
5) Approx. 90% and increasing of the American Pro Mod class (M/C), the highest class that uses nitrous injection are DUMPING the NX solenoids you have and upgrading to WON Pulsoids.

So here's the question WHY would a growing number of American's be DUMPING NX (and ALL other US brands) and paying much more to buy mine???????? You don't have to be Einstein to answer that one.
;)

I understand that their will always be two sides to the argument which is better but at end of day its down to personnel choice and instead of attacking and saying NX kit is wrong just because you think WON kit is better in USA its the other way round.
There are NOT 2 sides to this argument and it's not even an argument as a consequence, as the FACTS PROVE there is ONLY ONE!!!! Also contrary to your expectations and claims, it is NOT the other way round in the USA, as those American's who are WELL INFORMED, will also tell you EXACTLY what I've stated above. ALL the informed American's KNOW that ALL their brands are JUNK and that's why THEY PAY MORE TO BUY WON.

The reason I call US kits JUNK is because THEY ARE JUNK. Furthermore, I've had face to face meetings with the top brass at both HolleyNOS & NX and told them exactly the same and they had NOTHING to come back at me with.
My statements are NOT 'OPINIONS' they are FACTS that are supported by THIRTY FIVE YEARS OF INTENSIVE R&D.

I use your throttle switch on my kit plus I use the nylon lines for my purge kit and in future am considering using your equipment to fit direct port into supra but for the minute iam more than happy with what got and shouldn't that be main thing.
I just hope that like MANY others, you don't find out the hard, dangerous and expensive way, that you should have picked WON at the start.
If you take a look at our Facebook page you'll see SOME of the American's using our systems and even the ROCKET AGENCIES that have JUNKED US brands and bought WON to achieve improved reliability and performance.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:14 am 
Site Admin

BTW I find it hard to understand why anyone would RISK they pride and joy and put what they consider to be a 'nicer looking' hose and solenoid, above GREATER SAFETY, UNEQUALED RELIABILITY & SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE, all of which are INDISPUTABLE & PROVEN BEYOND QUESTION.

Also you say you are happy with the system but what exactly have you done with it so far????

Have you got a heater and a purge kit fitted?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:47 am 

I do have bottle heater and purge kit which don't use that much at all, and since having the nos fitted have done two track days and system has performed fine with no problems so still happy with it, I intend to try the nos at Santa pod soon to see what difference makes to my time last year with no nos. Have been recently been looking at progressive controllers for my install and I will say the WON controllers do seem to be the best that I have seen, also considering remote bootle opener but want the controller 1st

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:35 am 
Site Admin

I refused to sell bottle heaters until we developed our Safe Pressure Relief Valve (SPRV) as fitting a heater to a bottle without one, seriously increases the risk of either the rupture disc blowing or the splitting open (exploding).

In the following video both bottles are having the pressure increased above the SAFE pressure, in the same way a heater could do. The one on the left has the same 'safety' device that yours has and the one on the right has our SPRV.
I ran the outlet from our SPRV in to a bottle of water (center) to show how LITTLE nitrous is needed to bleed out to maintain the SAFE pressure with this device.
If we hadn't continually increased the pressure at an artificially higher rate than normal, the SPRV would have released just the initial bubble or two of pressure and stopped and would not have continued to release the contents.

In contrast as there is NO pressure released from the US type bottle valve, the pressure automatically have kept climbing until the 'safety' :omgrofl: disc burst and if we hadn't secured the bottle to the post, if would have been flying about and would have potentially injured someone.

http://www.noswizard.com/videos/SPRV%20 ... 20last.wmv

This is just one of the many hazards, that US companies don't give a damn about subjecting their customer to, that any responsible and considerate company owner wouldn't do.

With regards to you being happy with your results, you'd just better hope you don't find yourself racing against a similar car that's fitted with a WON system, because as demonstrated by the INDEPENDENT magazine, the WON car would WIN BY A HUGE MARGIN and I doubt you'd be very happy about that.

Although our controllers (like ALL our products) are the best in the world by a mile, I would advise you against pulsing those JUNK American solenoids, as they will fail quick enough when used in the simple ON/OFF mode, never mind when being operated over 200 times per run, as they would when pulsed.
Having said that, our Max offers numerous safety features, that would help guard against the potentially lethal consequences of the INEVITABLE FAILURE of that system, so it would be wise to fit one ASAP just for that reason.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:39 pm 

My bottle heater has switch that controls the pressure doesn't just stay on, so it switches on and off to maintain the pressure in bottle.

I would love to put my supra na against a supra na with one of your kits just to see difference as dout would be huge difference like you say, so if you know someone please let us know.
I raced a 350bhp Subaru in my na with my kit and beat hit with ease, and that's me just running a 50 shot.

I don't understand why you slate the usa kits so much as surely if they are as bad as you say no one would be using them and iam sure if that dangerous their would be countless lawsuits against them as that's the American way.
Not trying to be nasty in any way at all as do believe WON kits are great bits of kit but also think the same about the NX kit.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

SupraKeith wrote:
Quote:
My bottle heater has switch that controls the pressure doesn't just stay on, so it switches on and off to maintain the pressure in bottle.

Yes I'm aware of that as they all do BUT that will NOT prevent the potential problem I described, as it is connected to the OUTLET of the bottle valve, which means you need the valve open for the switch to work, so if you turn the heater on and forget to turn on the bottle valve (as often happens), the heater will STAY operated and over pressure the bottle. If you're lucky that will only blow the rupture disc (costing you the contents and the trouble of getting hold of another disc) and not blow the bottle. OUR valves have a specific pressure switch port, that means the pressure is always at the switch, so the valve can be off and it will still work as intended and as previously mentioned our valves also have SAFE PRESSURE RELIEF VALVES and NOT DANGEROUS cheap crap rupture disc.

Quote:
I would love to put my supra na against a supra na with one of your kits just to see difference as dout would be huge difference like you say, so if you know someone please let us know.

:omgrofl: So I guess you either didn't read the link I gave you or you don't believe an INDEPENDENT report;
http://www.noswizard.com/pdf/nitrous_shootout_web.pdf

For your further information, the company that organised this magazine feature WANTED BOTH kits to produce the same results, as they were agents for both brands. When it was obvious that the WON system was producing MUCH BETTER results, they CHEATED when using the Ny-Trex JUNK, by applying techniques that a normal customer wouldn't be able to do, in order to make the Ny-trex results better AND YET they were STILL unable to even get close.

You'd be lucky to be within a 100 yards at the finish of a 1/4 mile - FACT.

BTW I haven't spent 35 YEARS in intensive R&D for the improvements in my products to be 'minimal'.

Quote:
I raced a 350bhp Subaru in my na with my kit and beat hit with ease, and that's me just running a 50 shot.

That proves NOTHING!!!! I'm NOT saying they don't work, I'm saying that they don't work anywhere near as well as ours do.

Quote:
I don't understand why you slate the usa kits so much as surely if they are as bad as you say no one would be using them and iam sure if that dangerous their would be countless lawsuits against them as that's the American way.

You OBVIOUSLY haven't appreciated any of the SAFETY benefits I've mentioned and haven't understood the reliability problems that US brands suffer from.
For example; ALL US brand solenoids WILL FAIL (and that often happens not long after the purchase) and when they do, it can lead to anything from the induction system being BLOWN TO BITS, to YOU being BURNED TO DEATH, due to the backfire leading to the car catching fire and you being unable to get out quick enough.

OUR PULSOID WILL NEVER FAIL
The SOLE reason I started making my own products, was because US brand solenoid FAILURES CAUSED me to be involved in THREE LIFE THREATENING FIRES.
1) The first caused my bike to catch fire and I was lucky that it caused a nitrous pipe to burst which blew the fire out.
2) The second caused the same bike to catch fire while an employee was racing it and if he hadn't jumped off (at over 50 mph), he would have suffered far worse burns than he did.
3) The third caused a customers bike to catch fire and that led to my business premises being burned down.

Now if they're not good enough reasons to slate US companies, I don't know what more would be but how about the FACT, that at virtually EVERY race meeting I've ever attended, AT LEAST ONE racer (and usually many more) using a US brand kit, suffers SOME KIND OF MAJOR FAILURE.

Here are the reasons why people buy US brand kits;
1) They fail to appreciate the potential consequences of the HUGE safety hazards that US brand kits pose
2) They fail to understand the HUGE advantages my products offer
3) US brands are much cheaper than ours in the USA due to the exchange rates
4) Most people act like sheep and follow what American's use, regardless of all the benefits WON offers
5) The US companies spend MILLIONS of $$s on BULLSHIT advertising, while we spend NOTHING

If people were smart enough to appreciate all the NUMEROUS advantages my systems offer and if my systems were made in the USA and I spent millions of $$s on R&D NOBODY would buy ANY OTHER brand.

With regards to the lawsuits, first of all ALL their kits are sold with comprehensive DISCLAIMERS and secondly, US companies have CONNED their customers in to believing, that it is NITROUS ITSELF that is responsible for the failures, that THEIR KITS ACTUALLY CAUSE, so they GET OFF with selling DEATH TRAPS, ABSOLUTELY SCOTT FREE.

Quote:
Not trying to be nasty in any way at all as do believe WON kits are great bits of kit but also think the same about the NX kit.

I'm not wishing to be nasty either but that just PROVES HOW STUPID YOU ARE and that I've WASTED a bunch of time trying to educate you and save you from your own stupidity.

Just using the FACT that YOUR solenoid will NEED repairing before too long and that MY PULSOIDS NEVER need repairing, PROVES YOU ARE WRONG and that is JUST ONE of MANY reasons why NO OTHER brand of nitrous kit, EVEN COMES CLOSE to a WON system.

Enjoy your NX kit while it lasts as it won't be long before the solenoid fails.
BTW ONLY yesterday I had an email from YET ANOTHER NX customer, wanting to upgrade to my PULSOIDS, because his nitrous solenoid had stuck open and wrecked his engine - FACT!!!
I'd be happy to provide you with his contact details, so you can speak to him yourself, if you doubt my word on the matter.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:12 pm 

Few points.
1. iam not stupid and wont forget to open my bottle or leave bottle heater on.
2. I did read the report and found it intresting and understood it all.
3. Would like to see difference for myself between the kits still in proper car.
4. My main reason for NX kit was bottle size.
5. The fact you say am stupid is quite nasty really.
6. I didn't but the kit to save money at all, as when priced up kits their wasn't much in it.
7. You haven't wasted any time chatting on here to me as like think mention in previous comment I intend to use your kit for my direct port set up with your pulsoids, as for that system intend to run 150 shot if possible and use the NX solonoids for single port with small shot. I would like to run a NX bottle with your direct port system as like idea and look of 15lb bottle.
8. If mine do fail I will then upgrade to yours or if they need repairing.
9. I know of quite a few people using NX kits for last few years and so fair none of their kits have failed or needed overhauling.
10. I had already purchased this kit before spoke to you on phone and on your site and even though took your advice and read info I still decided to continue to use the NX kit.
11. I hope my decession to use NX kit doesn't effect me from using your parts aswell and service.
12. I know you may not agree with choice and do take onboard everything you say but its my choice and I do hope it doesn't go bang as its my pride and joy

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

SupraKeith wrote:
Few points.
Quote:
1. iam not stupid and wont forget to open my bottle or leave bottle heater on.

I doubt any of the people who have forgotten to turn on the bottle have been stupid, it's just a fact of life that "mistakes happen" and that kind of mistake can cost you YOUR LIFE.

Quote:
2. I did read the report and found it intresting and understood it all.

If that's the case I can't imagine how you can go on to 'think' that the difference in the results, between your car and kit would be minimal compared to an identical car using a WON system.

Quote:
3. Would like to see difference for myself between the kits still in proper car.

The whole point of INDEPENDENT comparisons featured in magazines, is that you don't have to. The ONLY way to carry out a fair comparison, is to try both on the same vehicle as they did, so you can't ask for better than that. Furthermore, they used a readers car and he WON the system that produced the best results, so it was all open and above board.

Quote:
4. My main reason for NX kit was bottle size.

Bottles can be bought separately and if you're being able to get it filled in the UK you're lucky that UK safety laws are being ignored, because it's actually against the law to fill US bottles in the UK, as they are not tested to the same high spec and are VASTLY INFERIOR to UK spec bottles.
UK bottles are MUCH thicker and stronger and are made from a single billet of alloy, whereas the US bottles that I've seen after they've RUPTURED & split open, are made from THREE sections seamlessly welded together and one of those was an NX bottle that not only wrecked the car when it blew in to 3 parts but also wrecked the garage the car was parked in.

I can't find the one that also wrecked the garage but here's another and I guess you'll recognise the bottle sticker

http://s107.photobucket.com/user/bonesp ... t=9&page=1

And here's another

http://www.fquick.com/blog/When_a_Nitro ... lodes/2337

Now sure you MIGHT be lucky and not be the next guy it happens to but personally I would NOT be prepared to risk it and thankfully a growing number of American kit users are at least having enough sense to upgrade to our bottle valves to benefit from our Safe Pressure Relief Valves.

THIRTY FIVE YEARS of dealing with countless nitrous customers and we've NEVER had a bottle burst.

Quote:
5. The fact you say am stupid is quite nasty really.

The fact that you say you think NX kits are as good as mine "is quite nasty really" especially as I've provided endless proof to the contrary. NO smart guy would buy a US brand kit for ANY reason, as there is NOT even a single 'GOOD' reason to do so.
NOT A SINGLE PART of any US brand kit comes close to being as good as the WON equivalent.
I've invited ALL US nitrous 'experts' :omgrofl: to enter in to a debate with me to present their case and NOT A SINGLE ONE will take up my invitation, now I wonder why that is.
Even when I go on forums run by these 'experts' :omgrofl: and tell everyone what JUNK they sell, NONE of them can present a case against me and on the latest occasion, the 'expert' :omgrofl: sent me a PM saying "yes we know your products are much better than ours but can you at least stop rubbing our noses in it in public", otherwise I'll have to ban you from the forum, as it will affect our sales.

BTW he knows from past experience that banning me from a forum only makes people wonder why I was banned and more curious about my products, consequently he wanted to avoid doing that.

Quote:
6. I didn't but the kit to save money at all, as when priced up kits their wasn't much in it.

From my recollection of our conversation, you specifically stated that you were buying it because it was cheaper and I actually pointed out, that although ours would be a bit more expensive, you'd be getting MUCH MORE for your money and they were MUCH SAFER than the US JUNK.

Quote:
7. You haven't wasted any time chatting on here to me

Very pleased to hear it, although it still seems that you are missing or ignoring, some VERY IMPORTANT aspects of why I'm spending my very valuable time, trying to inform you of the FACTS.
One thing I hope you realise, is that I'm not doing it to try and get you to buy my products for 'MY' sake, as I've got much easier ways of making money if I wanted to (selling to people who already appreciate that buying WON is best), than trying to convert you.

Quote:
as like think mention in previous comment I intend to use your kit for my direct port set up with your pulsoids, as for that system intend to run 150 shot if possible and use the NX solonoids for single port with small shot. I would like to run a NX bottle with your direct port system as like idea and look of 15lb bottle.

That would be the LAST thing I'd ever want to use and I'm close to refusing to fill US bottles, because of the health risk to my employees.
FYI the ONLY time one of my employees has been injured in 35 years, was while filling a US brand bottle, when the 'safety' :evil: disc ruptured unexpectedly (for NO good reason) and the escaping contents badly burned his hand;

https://www.facebook.com/NOSwizards/pho ... =3&theater

Quote:
8. If mine do fail I will then upgrade to yours or if they need repairing.

You'll probably have an engine to pay for then as well and that is ONLY ONE of the GREATLY INCREASED RISKS you are taking.

Quote:
9. I know of quite a few people using NX kits for last few years and so fair none of their kits have failed or needed overhauling.

I know MANY MORE than you do, who HAVE HAD to replace the solenoids and we get more every week. If you take a look at our Facebook page you'll see there are pictures of just a few who have done so. One thing is CERTAIN, you'll never see ANY SMART guy switch from Pulsoids to NX JUNK. Obviously SOME people are lucky but with nitrous it isn't wise to rely on having good luck. Our customers KNOW they don't need to rely on LUCK to be safe and produce the BEST results.

Quote:
10. I had already purchased this kit before spoke to you on phone and on your site and even though took your advice and read info I still decided to continue to use the NX kit.

Which takes us back to point 1!!!!!
I've had smart customers (who weren't aware of our systems when they bought NX or any other US brand), sell the NX JUNK before they've even fitted it, because they've appreciated what I've told them is THE TRUTH and were smart enough, not to GAMBLE with their engines, their cars and their lives.

Quote:
11. I hope my decession to use NX kit doesn't effect me from using your parts aswell and service.

Only in that we don't give any tuning advice for US brand kits for a number of reasons, one of them being that we'd be at risk of being blamed for a failure that was actually caused by a component failure.

Quote:
12. I know you may not agree with choice and do take onboard everything you say but its my choice and I do hope it doesn't go bang as its my pride and joy

And it's because 'I' don't want your pride and joy to go bang (or worse), that I'm so dogged about giving you the advice I've given you. I've been through this scenario MANY, MANY times and I've seen devastating consequences and that's why I've not only created the best performing nitrous systems in the world but far more importantly THE SAFEST nitrous systems in the world.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

BTW you might like to take a look at the last 2 posts by long standing WON customers on the following thread, with regard to bottle opening (or I should say failure to do so);

http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtop ... 0&start=25

I'm pretty sure that neither of these guys would consider themselves stupid.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:23 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
BTW you might like to take a look at the last 2 posts by long standing WON customers on the following thread, with regard to bottle opening (or I should say failure to do so);

http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtop ... 0&start=25

I'm pretty sure that neither of these guys would consider themselves stupid.

Ha Ha!!

NO! I dont consider myself to be stupid. But I have forgotten to turn the bottle on now and then?
Luckily the lack of bottle opening only saw me looking stupid on track. Even with my bottle closed the pressure switch still does its job to control the bottle pressure via the bottle heater on the WoN bottles.
There is no reason why Keith could not use what ever bottle he wants as they can be adapted to use WoN pipe work and everything downstream to the engine. I wont dig up old shit but I gave up on US solenoids years ago when I had a start line backfire when I fired the engine up due to the nitrous solenoid letting by and weeping nitrous into the inlet manifold. I soon figured out that the US solenoids wore out very quickly when being pulsed. This was pre supercharger on my engine when I was running a 300 shot of gas. These days I only run a 175 shot on top of 13psi of boost on the MGB. I have over £12k invested in my Rover V8 engine which pulls 9 seconds on the 1/4 mile now so i need to keep risk to a minimum. And for the last 5 years I have done my pre race checks to make sure the 6 year old WoN pulsoids work and shut off ok. So far I havent had a problem. But I still check at the start of each day anyway as I have so much invested in my engine.

Keith !
Your car looks mint mate. And I hope all goes well for you.

Regards
Perry

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:43 pm 

Thank you Perry
She is my pride and joy and do intend to run NX bottle with WON gear for my direct port 100%, hopefully can have it installed towards end of year or early next year funds depending as always

Be intresting to see your rover going up the strip

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:06 pm 
Wizard

You wont regret the peace of mind you will have with Pulsoids Keith. Very reliable and very controllable.
If you need that bottle for space requirements then upgrade to WoN outlet and pipe work and fit a remote shut off valve near you in the cabin. This way you can leave the bottle turned on and keep safe control of pressure via an inline pressure switch between the open bottle valve and the closed (when not in use) remote valve. This will remove the human error thing. Because you WILL forget to open the bottle one day when the heater is on.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

If you'd been available yesterday and you'd timed it right, you might just have caught a view of the quickest Supra in Europe racing at Santa Pod (runs in the 7.8 sec bracket for the 1/4 mile), which happens to use a WON nitrous system to kick the turbo in to life and enhances the power for the full track by approx. 400 HP.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:48 pm 

That's shame missed that's as would of liked to of seen that going down the strip, 7.8 seconds is very impressive. I Know the fastest supra in world does it in 6.2 seconds but unsure what its running.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

This one is on STREET tires and PUMP GAS and runs in Street Eliminator.

The one you are talking about is on BIG SLICKS, a full tube (much lighter) chassis, has wheelie bars, runs on race fuel and runs on turbo alone, plus the times have been recorded in Bahrain, where the tracks and weather conditions are PERFECT, plus being owned by an Arab MILLIONAIRE helps a great deal.

The best thing is, that if those guys were aware of what my products can do and fitted them to their car, they'd have run a 5 by now.

The quickest STREET Supra I can find in the US that claims to be the world quickest 'STREET' Supra in the world, is ONLY in the mid 8s and in the USA they STILL allow 'STREET' cars to run on slicks and wheelie bars, so there's NO comparison to my customers GENUINE 'STREET' car.

BTW the cars that race in the UK Street Eliminator class, ALSO have to run in a CRUISE on the public roads (that takes about an hour) and fill up with petrol from the local petrol station, to PROVE they are streetable.

With all the above in mind 7.8 in a STREET car makes the low 6 in a full blown RACE car, look pretty mundane.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:04 am 

Well in that case that's a very impressive time for a road legal car, shame I missed watching it going up strip, the supra I was on about is the Titan supra that runs 6.2

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:47 am 
Site Admin

The Titan car has actually run 6.1 now and that's the FULL BLOWN RACE car I was talking about, that's owned by a millionaire in Bahrain, who by the way also has a team of about TWENTY TOP people working on his car almost constantly.

It's just a shame he's obviously not aware of our products, as he'd breeze a 5 if he was.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:57 am 

Well have taken your advice on board and have fitted a manual shut off valve in nitrous line from bottle to nx solenoids so if they do stick open can press button and stop the nitrous coming from bottle, thought be idea to be extra safe.
Also when go direct port will use your pulsoids with my nx bottle so can run 100-150 shot and your direct port system.
That properly won't be till next year as want to do other bits to car 1st

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

I hope all continues to go well for you until then.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)