NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fitting a nitrous transducer question
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:59 pm 
Hi to everybody. I need a bit of info and wondered if anybody could help me. I want to monitor nitrous pressure. Because it's on a bike space is limited. So a gauge isn't really practical plus I got two bottles. I've got a max extreme v1 upgraded to race. How easy is it to fix and wire up a transducer. Also later on I want bottle Heater. Can this be used in conjunction with the max and transducer. Will I have enough outputs available as I'm already using one for switched retard and another one for switched fuel pump. Any advice please. Last thing I can think of is how can I trim the max without having a gauge to compare it to. Thanks Dave.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Fitting a nitrous transducer question
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:04 pm 
Also where would I have to put the transducer. I run two bottles but not both at same time. They link in a block just before the pulsiod but just read they can't be fitted to close to it. Where would it go so I could use it for both bottles ? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Davebplastering wrote:
Hi to everybody. I need a bit of info and wondered if anybody could help me. I want to monitor nitrous pressure. Because it's on a bike space is limited. So a gauge isn't really practical plus I got two bottles. I've got a max extreme v1 upgraded to race. How easy is it to fix and wire up a transducer.
Very easy

Also later on I want bottle Heater. Can this be used in conjunction with the max and transducer.
Yes

Will I have enough outputs available as I'm already using one for switched retard and another one for switched fuel pump.
Switched fuel pump?????

Any advice please. Last thing I can think of is how can I trim the max without having a gauge to compare it to.
Even a gauge may not be correct, so the best solution is to measure the ambient temperature and check against the expected pressure at that temperature.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

Davebplastering wrote:
Also where would I have to put the transducer. I run two bottles but not both at same time. They link in a block just before the pulsiod but just read they can't be fitted to close to it. Where would it go so I could use it for both bottles ? Thanks

The best way would be to move the connector block closer to the bottle and make it a shower head which will provide an additional port for the transducer.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:49 pm 
Switched fuel pump. The tank has a built in low pressure fuel pump that's used only when ignition is switched on. It only stays on for 5 seconds to prime carbs and aid starting. The max is wired to fuel pump relay and turns the pump on when nitrous is delivered. I've set that function to come on at 30 %. Thaught it would be a good idea .
With moving the block connecter . How far back done the line does the transducer need to be back from the solenoid minimum does it need to be. Problem is I got a bottle either side if my bike next to the engine. At the moment the pipes come round the side to the back of engine then the block, then 5" pope to solenoid. I think it was done like that to keep the length of pipe the same back to each bottle. There isn't really much room to move the connection block back unless I have it to one side of engine and then the nitrous will have to travel a lot further from one of the bottles to the solenoid. I will try and post a picture later.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

If I were you I'd activate the pump off the same circuit as you activate the nitrous system itself and that will free up the output you now need. You'll be OK like this for modest power increases but those pumps are less than ideal and/or consistent so you'd be better off with a fuel injection type pump dedicated to the nitrous if you intend to up the power.
If you use both bottles at the same time and/or you are only adding about 50 hp or less, it should be OK to have one bottle feed to the other and at that point add the transducer and then run a pipe from there to the Pulsoid.
This arrangement might only be a problem on high power levels, as it will flow less at max than the current arrangement.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)