NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Using max extreme
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 am 
After having my max fitted I'm fiddling with settings to get used to how it works. . Can someone tell me what holding down up or down button does. It puts the word ready on main screen. When it says ready my rpm stops working and when ready is not showing my rpm works. Am I correct in thinking it's turning off and on rpm window? Will nitrous still work with it either off or on. I've set the rpm window to suit and when it's off I've set max rpm to suit and the start stays at 0000 .
I'm had the nitrous fitted for couple weeks but not managed to have a run with it working yet. First I had an issue with unstable rpm. Kept jumping about. I've sorted that by wiring it to a spare output from my ecu. Now that's sorted . Just really needing to understand the max so I can use it successfully . Thanks

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: Using max extreme
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:18 pm 
Learner

Download the manual from the WON website if you haven't already but I THINK you're putting it in Burnout Mode?.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:45 pm 
No burnout mode is hold enter. And I have the manual but it doesn't actually explain how to use it. Tell u how to set it up ok but not actually how to use the functions. There is nothing in the manual about holding up or down key. When I hold the down key ready comes on screen and I lose my rpm readings but when I hold the up key the ready disappears and my revs work again.i do think its a toggle for rpm switch but manual don't say anything. Burnout mode just says burnout. But thanks for the reply Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:37 pm 
Wizard

Holding the up/down button is a short cut to changing the memory number up/down. If the rpm isn't used/set then the max shows Ready. So if for example you use it to change from memory 1 to memory 2 and memory 2 is still set to defaults then it will change to Ready because the rpm is off. Some things like throttle positioin settings are global across all the memorys.

While the button is kept pressed after the 2 seconds or so, it displays the new memory number until released.

Simples :yes:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:17 pm 
Yep just figured that out myself aswell just now as I've been out playing and trying it. Thanks for the answer. So trev was not quite right saying burnout is the only button you hold down. Also trev you press and hold exit to enter into standby. Thanks your your help in figuring it out. Cool. Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for that Ian.

That's what happens when you delegate a job to an employee (as I delegated the Max program to Ant) and then the employee leaves to work elsewhere. I'm now having to learn more of the features and functions myself. :cry: :redface:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:52 pm 
So why is there nothing in the manual about this memory short cut. Are we just to guess how to work it ! I found it first time I played with it but there was nothing in the manual to say what it did. I was beginning to think my max was knackered and was going to send it back to won to be fixed!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:34 am 
Site Admin

Due to constantly adding new features the manual has constantly been "work in progress" that's always lagged behind the actual product.
Now that I'm short of 2 key members of staff I don't have the manpower to catch up but it will be updated with all the additional features ASAP.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:02 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
Due to constantly adding new features the manual has constantly been "work in progress" that's always lagged behind the actual product.
Now that I'm short of 2 key members of staff I don't have the manpower to catch up but it will be updated with all the additional features ASAP.

Anything we can help with Trev?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

Very good of you to offer and I'd be happy to pay a reasonable price, to anyone who can download the existing instructions and add details of any missing features.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)