NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Just an Update!
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:50 pm 
Learner

Just thought id post a wee update to let everyone on here know how im getting on. also if your new here and thinking about nitrous.....just man up and buy it! you wont regret it! :D

Still loving the Nitrous! been through 5-6 bottles so far, currently still on a 75bhp shot running 150/70 ratio. also recently changed my plugs to some single contact point NGK plugs the same as auto sri used.

also fitted a strut brace up front....more for the bling than anything! looks nice while showing off the nitrous set up 8)

Just been away on a MTB camping trip up at Fort William over the weekend with afew good mates and used nearly a whole bottle over the 2 days on the back roads :twisted: ....its just abit on the addictive side! sadly my BBK from Dan at DB-power didn't show up before the trip so felt slightly left out in the braking department....some 345mm disks and wilwood superlites would of been good!

had this as my pillow in the tent! sadly don't have a WON one :(

also after the trip iv got 2 friends seriously wanting nitrous. one in his vr6 track car that was thinking about it before and the other in his 1.8 vvti vectra since theres not much in the way of other performance mods he can do to his car bar get a 2.8 or 3.2 fitted.

Anyways heres afew pics of my weekend away enhanced with epic weather and WON!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Just an Update!
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like a good time was had by all especially with the WON enhancement. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:20 pm 
Learner

Loving the pics mate and your bike must be worth nearly as much as your car lol what is it out of interest

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:46 pm 
Learner

thanks :) and it was alot of money back in the day! cost more than my first car! :lol:

cost about £1700 when it was all new but its pretty outdated gear now. It started life as a Scott Nitrous30. but basically only the frame thats the same, all other parts has been changed to suit my needs. also got a bike set up for park/dirtjump use and and XC bike i use for attempting to keep fit

used to be right into in while i was at highschool. dont get out half as much as i used to sadly due to work etc. used to be pretty crazy!

Please not the guy standing there. jump was over a road! haha

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:55 am 
Learner

My workmate was into downhill racing, went for a ride round Dalby Forest with him once and knocked myself out after 10mins..

He came to work with a bare frame in his car once, just bought it for £2000 :shock: .

Good fun and exercise though!.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:34 pm 
Learner

well i went and spent some more money on the BMW to coupe with the boost in power while on the NOS.......(which is alot) :twisted:

Got myself a Wilwood Superlite BBK. 345x32mm from Dan@DBpower and got it all fitted up using EBC yellow stuff pads. also put some ebc green stuffs on the rear. also fitted some braided lines and got the hole system bled with some freash ATE superblue

Made a Massive difference in stopping power, more confidence in the car while having some fun. do have a slight problem with one of them stocking slightly when they are warm. thought it was maybe due to extra fluid displacement over stock brakes so took the brakefluid down under the max to see if that helped with no luck :cry:

thinking maybe try taking the pads back out and file them down ever so slightly round the edges as afew where abit stiff sliding down into there slot. any other ideas though? id give them a bash! :lol:

when these are paid off......MORE NOS :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:03 pm 
Learner

Love the brakes mate how much did they set you back as I'm on the look out for some 4pots soon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:01 pm 
Learner

£720!!! which for the kit i think is really cheap! other ones i looked at where Ksport also known as D2. 6pot with floating 2 piece discs etc just over £1100 but you cant get any spares for them and i seen very mixed reviews so thought i better not risk it :lol: