NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: More power from my single crossfire ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:55 pm 
Learner

I was told before getting the 150i kit that it was good for a 75bhp shot due to fuel drop out on my manifold design. Im still loving the power just now using 150/70. But according to the readings im getting using bmw software (INPA) even with it 150/70 its still richer than stock WOT so im most likly going to try maybe a 60 or a 50 jet. i know looking through autoSri's post he ended up on a 150/50 ratio to get the AFR right.

Now since 2:1 on a 75bhp shot is an 80 fuel jet could after working out what ratio works on my car move back up nitrous jets keeping the ratio untill a max of my 80fuel jet is used ? or is it more complex than that? :lol:

also after taking a friend out whos building a vr6 track car is looking at fitting nos to his for some kicks......couldn't believe it when he showed me a post on here saying its good for 100-150 using a single crossfire! :cry: haha

as always thanks in advance for the help!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: More power from my single crossfire ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:38 pm 
Learner

Don't take my ratio as gospel you need to tune it to your car mate would hate for you to melt something using my ration and I think I went slightly richer after

Trev told me the max I should go is 75 with a single nozzle due to the crazy route the manifold takes so upgraded to the direct port kit

How do you know all the fuel from the 80 jet is even making into the engine not sitting in the manifold somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:25 pm 
Learner

only using it as a guide :) wouldnt jump to it without checking the afr with the laptop.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:37 am 
Wizard

I seem to remember flow testing a crossfire back in the day and saw over 170hp of fuel and nitrous was possible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

A single Crossfire is capable of flowing approx. 200 HP worth of fuel but we suggest much lower limits due to the increasing potential for fuel drop out in certain manifolds, which has nothing to do with how much the Crossfire can flow.

Each application needs to be treated individually both for tuning and for limits and that way you should achieve the best possible results.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 pm 
Learner

I understand the stuff is capable of flowing WAY more than can be using without going direct port on my car but is the reason its recommend by Yourself not to go more than a 75bhp shot purely down to fuel drop out issues ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

Primarily that and its based on diminishing results above that level.

For example we may see 50 HP from 75 HP jets but then only see 60 HP from 100 HP jets.

You can certainly try bigger jets and see how they perform, as it doesn't lead to any major problems.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:34 pm 
Learner

awesome i shall work on getting my afr right with steps in fuel jet and then maybe attempt a wee bit more to see what happens :D long as its not going to go bang like most of my friends still say will happen! :cry:

also something that may be of interest! was told by a friend who recently had his r32 remaped at a VERY local place that they do Nitrous refills...Couldn't believe it as iv been driving 40min to get a refill and this other place is under 10min from my work! :D

oh and they claim to be a WON agent ;) but they are not listed on Your site!?
http://www.sitechracing.co.uk/services/ ... tall-setip

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

dirteater661 wrote:
awesome i shall work on getting my afr right with steps in fuel jet and then maybe attempt a wee bit more to see what happens :D long as its not going to go bang like most of my friends still say will happen! :cry:
You'd think that people would have realised HOW WRONG they are by now, with so many 1,000s of our customers continuing to perform reliably year after year.

also something that may be of interest! was told by a friend who recently had his r32 remaped at a VERY local place that they do Nitrous refills...Couldn't believe it as iv been driving 40min to get a refill and this other place is under 10min from my work! :D

oh and they claim to be a WON agent ;) but they are not listed on Your site!?
http://www.sitechracing.co.uk/services/ ... tall-setip
Glad to hear it and thanks for the info on the company, we'll look in to that.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:00 pm 
Learner

Dropped the bottle at Sitech this morning, seemed happy to see it was a WON bottle not something else :lol:

they dont have a pump and chill the bottle etc. just got a call saying that's it ready to be picked up and got 8.5lbs in it. oh and they are cheap compared to hypertech and closer :).....they just need a pump now so they can fill it in 5-10min!