NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Readers Rides
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:36 pm 
Learner

I would like to start this post so people can show off their rides that are running Nitrous.

Very simple. I will start with mine.

2008 Fiesta ST running 25bhp nitrous.

Attachments:
Fiesta ST.jpg
Fiesta ST.jpg [ 192.19 KiB | Viewed 15312 times ]

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: Readers Rides
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:37 pm 
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:01 am 

mgbv8 wrote:

Hi :)

Thats just you showing off ...lol

Great pic though :)

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 am 

Hi :)

Attachment:
Brett928.JPG
Brett928.JPG [ 145.54 KiB | Viewed 15291 times ]

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:50 am 
Learner

My car

Our shared car

Last edited by Autosri on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:21 pm 
Learner

My current pride and joy! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:14 pm 
Learner

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:04 pm 
Wizard

Thats a pretty good variety of WoN cars for a start eh :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:30 am 
Learner

Me & Konnor back in 2010 during our 2,507 mile trip round Europe ;)

Attachments:
File comment: Nurburgring 2010
Nurburgring 2010 - Resized.JPG
Nurburgring 2010 - Resized.JPG [ 107.55 KiB | Viewed 15235 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:54 pm 
Learner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:21 pm 
Wizard

neiljewell wrote:

Looking good Neil !!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:21 am 
Learner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:34 pm 
Learner

Thats may Car. Some day it´ll return!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:03 pm 
Wizard

Well here is mine looking REALLY tatty as I'm in the middle of sorting the rust. I'm racing my Mother who started racing at nearly 72 in her 1.0 16v CVT Nissan Micra

Mine is a 1989 Skoda Rapid 136. A STANDARD 1289cc Skoda engine with only LPG as a fuel, Volvo turbo and currently only a 20 shot of Nitrous.

Attachments:
micra vs rapid.JPG
micra vs rapid.JPG [ 101.85 KiB | Viewed 15114 times ]

Fixing issues one support call at a time.......
AKA Blue / IT Rabbit Image
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:59 pm 
Wizard

mgbv8 wrote:

Urgh, that's just awesome... :compress:

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:23 pm 
Wizard

If you like the picture Ron!!!
Heres a slo mo vid :)

This was with 8psi of boost + 150 of Trevs horsepower added :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoRIddoeC2w

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:55 am 
Wizard

Running 2 buell1125rs in supertwins. Red STC3 had it's first dose of nitrous in the bank holiday,springspeed final. Using a 30hp dry shot into either side of the very large air box. Fueling taken care of by a pair of new 750cc injectors. Only had 6 passes on the new injectors.

Went 9.49@140 and datalogs show it'll take some more fuel,plus I rode her as if she were still na,would get better results from not revving her so hard. Previous pb 9.76@135 (4th pass)

Going to leave the nitrous as is for now,while I fine tune around it. The buell runs a lot of ignition advance,so once I've got as much fuel in as it'll burn I'll start pulling timing a bit at a time.
Only running a 20oz bottle,previous experience says a bigger bottle will flow more nitrous with same jetting,so a change to 2 and 1/2 lb bottle will happen before a jet change.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:03 am 
Wizard

For when the buells won't go any quicker I bought this. :lol:

Will get a few passes in this season at a couple of rwyb,before a winter make over. EFI and sequential ignition,with a dry nitrous set up.

This bike has gone 6.89@195. But had a long stroke crank fitted,just a plain 1640cc now.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:56 pm 
Wizard

The bikes look cool Nige :)

The Drag Bike looks the nuts :D :D

I heard about this Drag Bike last Sunday when me and the rabbits hit North Weald. You havent got rid of the old bikes have you??

Pel

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:47 pm 
Wizard

mgbv8 wrote:
The bikes look cool Nige :)

The Drag Bike looks the nuts :D :D

I heard about this Drag Bike last Sunday when me and the rabbits hit North Weald. You havent got rid of the old bikes have you??

Pel

Still got the Bonnie
But the beemer's long gone,went right back to basics with that one,25hp wet kit with 4 xfires and ran 11.5 then sold it to a despatch rider :rofl:

Got a great new race transporter too
3 bikes in the back no worries :yes:

Buell 1125r 9.49@140

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

battyone wrote:
For when the buells won't go any quicker I bought this. :lol:

Will get a few passes in this season at a couple of rwyb,before a winter make over. EFI and sequential ignition,with a dry nitrous set up.

This bike has gone 6.89@195. But had a long stroke crank fitted,just a plain 1640cc now.

Hi Nige,

Who owned the bike when it ran 6.89, I think I know who but can't remember his name?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:28 am 
Wizard

It was Chris Hall's "Roar Power". Image
When running that quick the crankcases were on the verge of letting go. Chris' plan at the time was to get a set of Dawson pro 1 cases. But while waiting for a favourable exchange rate he had his first flying lesson and Chris was lost to drag racing forever.

Needs a couple of upgrades/changes to pass current scrutineering.

Obviously would be a huge jump for me to go from 9s to low 7s-6s. so I'll be trying to acclimatise slowly,starting na with lots of tyre pressure. However Chris evolved the bike to run lots of nitrous,so might not be completely happy na. Will be a gradual learning process,starting with going over the motor to get a handle on how Chris has put it all together.

Has a skulled head,with offset valves,89mm-1640- bigblock and a new Branch crank.
Chris' own slider clutch and a robinson 5speed auto.

It is currently fitted with NOS gear,including the biggest nitrous solenoid I've ever seen.
I'll be keeping my eye out for a good deal on some pulsoids to replace it all with.

For next year? definitely EFI, some nitrous but quite likely a turbo. Will be watching Graham Dance's progress with much interest..

Buell 1125r 9.49@140

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

battyone wrote:
It was Chris Hall's "Roar Power".
Guessed as much but couldn't remember his name.

When running that quick the crankcases were on the verge of letting go.
That was because he was running that NOS SHIT that put the motor on the edge of detonation as soone as it was launched. My growing number of American HIGH END bike customers (both in Pro Mod and Pro Street), are regularly proving what can be achieved RELIABLY when using WON systems.

Chris' plan at the time was to get a set of Dawson pro 1 cases.
That's the problem with people who aren't that smart, they go looking for 'A CURE' rather than try to understand the cause and take steps to 'PREVENT' it.
Busa engines are far more fragile than GSX motors and yet my customers have NEVER damaged ANY component whilst using my system.
GSXR1000s are even more fragile and yet we have customers achieving MIND BLOWING results in Grudge racing before they suffer from the blocks splitting and that's only because there is less than a couple of mm between the bores, so they split even without nitrous.

But while waiting for a favourable exchange rate he had his first flying lesson and Chris was lost to drag racing forever.
That's unfortunate but I never had anything to do with him, as he wasn't bright enough to get past using NOS SHIT.

Needs a couple of upgrades/changes to pass current scrutineering.
What's been changed in that regard?

Obviously would be a huge jump for me to go from 9s to low 7s-6s. so I'll be trying to acclimatise slowly,starting na with lots of tyre pressure. However Chris evolved the bike to run lots of nitrous,so might not be completely happy na.
I understand your reasoning and would normally agree but in this case, unfortunately that would be the WORST thing you could do. When riding a bike with that size/type of tire you MUST jump in at the deep end. The more power you put to them the straighter they go and the easier they are to ride. Go soft on the power and you'll be heading for the wall from the start.
You'd be wise to speak to Dave Bailey as he jumped straight from a Busa street bike to a Pro mod I believe and he really did ride that bike very well.

Will be a gradual learning process,starting with going over the motor to get a handle on how Chris has put it all together.
Has a skulled head,with offset valves,89mm-1640- bigblock and a new Branch crank.
Chris' own slider clutch and a robinson 5speed auto.
I saw the engine apart a number of times after he'd damaged something using the NOS shit, it was always such a stupid waste of exceptionally good parts, sacrificing them to the great God of NOS destruction.
If Dave Bailey had owned that bike he would have run mid 6s on it EASILY.

It is currently fitted with NOS gear,including the biggest nitrous solenoid I've ever seen.
Yes I frequently saw all that shit and marvelled at how someone could be so stupid as to spend so much money on ALL the good parts and then add the worst nitrous shit to it.

I'll be keeping my eye out for a good deal on some pulsoids to replace it all with.
I'd be happy to assist you with supplying/fitting a TOP END system to it (once you feel you're up to running mid 6s), at a much reduced price, as I'd like to see a British bike customer run the same times that my US customers are doing.

For next year? definitely EFI,
Wise move although costly. If you went for Motec I could supply you with an INSTANT combo that would make it the quickest bike outside the US, as I have a HUGE amount of information and experience from my work with Cecil and other TOP American racers now.

some nitrous but quite likely a turbo. Will be watching Graham Dance's progress with much interest..
Never mind that FOOL Dance, you SHOULD be watching my US customers performances, as they are the ones running 4.0's (1/8) which is the kind of front half you should be capable of running, with a WON system on that bike. Furthermore, Cecil Towner's Pro Street bike has PROVED CONCLUSIVELY, that WON KNOWLEDGE & products can beat turbo's and with a bit of luck he should further extend the margin of superiority substantially this weekend, as he's decide to RELEASE THE BRAKES, that he's been using to avoid upsetting the turbo BABIES too much, to stop them throwing out their dummies and banning the WON system, just as I've been begging him to do since he ran the EASY 6.90s pass. :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:14 pm 
Wizard

Same old Trevor :salute:
Let the products do the talking and stop bashing everyone else over the head :beatstick:

I have been paying attention to what Cecil is up to,but unfortunately there is always a lack of specifics and confusion as to exactly what he is running. schnitz?max? pulsoids? revo?

Why do you think I've popped up? If I'm using nitrous there's only one brand I'll use.

I'm not as green as you are cabbage lookin :lol:

Dave was struggling before he started,always short on budget,I spent many hours with him in the pits while he reassembled motors out of his odds and ends box. One of the reasons i have bought a funnybike is that at last I can afford to run one...properly. :yes:

I could have a guess as to why Chris chose NOS gear,but hardly matters now. I'll be happier running kit that makes sense to me,so that means WON. Doesn't mean I have to like you. :P

Breather system and lanyard both need changing for current rules,a hose in a beer can ain't good enough nowadays and don't even talk about lanyards!!! :evil: The Funny bike will be a doddle,but efi streetbikes are a freakin nightmare... everything must be turned off now.I know someone who was failed because when he cut all power the immobiliser light came on.

The buells come first for now,want to be first into the 8s. and as my wife is supertwins chair the club comes first. The funny will fit in where it can.

the current buell will get dialled in where it is,once I'm happy I've got the best out of the 30shot then I'll make changes. Have a race Max sat waiting and first hardware upgrade will be some billet Ys and discharge tubes.

Once the new rider get to grips with buell no2 we'll fit a pulsoid on that too and try a few different fuel options.

Proper busy,hardly left the workshop all winter,everything apart from the exhausts-APH engineering- has been done by me. All of the new bodywork,from blanks to moulds and on to finished panels- swingarms,chain conversions, chassis mods and shifter setups plus ecu programming. I have full data logging of everything on the ecu + dual wideband.

Buell 1125r 9.49@140

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

battyone wrote:
Same old Trevor :salute:
Yup.

Let the products do the talking
They have been doing that EXTENSIVELY for many years now on MANY vehicles but some DUMB ASS FOOLS, still choose to ignore the results, so I'm more than happy to confirm those results by expressing what should be the OBVIOUS SUPERIORITY of our products AND KNOWLEDGE, at every opportunity.

and stop bashing everyone else over the head :beatstick:
It'll be a cold day in hell before I stop pointing out how UTTERLY PATHETIC ALL other nitrous products are and how INCOMPETENT ALL other nitrous 'experts' are. Thankfully more and more AMERICAN's are taking notice at last (funny that it's now mostly Brits who are still TOO STUPID, to see past the US million dollar marketing BULLSHIT, when a growing number of American's see it) and as a consequence our sales to the US Drag racing market for both bikes and cars, is growing rapidly.

I have been paying attention to what Cecil is up to,but unfortunately there is always a lack of specifics and confusion as to exactly what he is running. schnitz?max? pulsoids? revo?
There's NO reason for any confusion as it's simple enough to ask ME the question.
FYI Cecil has been using 100% WON products for over a year now. BEFORE THEN he was FORCED TO TEMPORARILY use a NLR (Schnitz) unit, as he wanted to run dry and at that time the NLR unit was the ONLY one on the market with a D to A converter (the Max DIDN'T then but does now).
While he was running the NLR unit we added the D to A converter and created a Motec to REVO interface unit. The interface unit was created to REMOVE the need for the NLR unit, as Cecil was PISSED OFF with them FAILING and wanted to switch to using the Motec to control the nitrous as well as the fuel.

Why do you think I've popped up? If I'm using nitrous there's only one brand I'll use.
I had no doubt about that as anyone who has used our products could never be so stupid as to switch to NOS SHIT!!!!

I'm not as green as you are cabbage lookin :lol:
I'll let you have that one 'this time'. :beatstick: ;)

Dave was struggling before he started,always short on budget,I spent many hours with him in the pits while he reassembled motors out of his odds and ends box.
Absolutely correct and all things considered Dave did an AMAZING job, as his bike was seriously outdated, running a smaller tire, shorter chassis, smaller engine and in a worse condition than Hall's bike but at one event Dave was within 0.1 secs of his time. :yes:

One of the reasons i have bought a funnybike is that at last I can afford to run one...properly. :yes:
Which makes you smarter than the average bike racer, as most are on a very limited budget, which makes it inevitably difficult to succeed.

I could have a guess as to why Chris chose NOS gear,but hardly matters now.
I know exactly why ALL Brits using NOS SHIT do so, it's because of the following reasons;
1) They 'THINK' they know better than I do
2) They are so dumb that they soak up all the BS from America about how great the products are
3) Their ego's are so big that they can't accept they could be wrong, despite extensive proof to the fact.

I'll be happier running kit that makes sense to me,so that means WON. Doesn't mean I have to like you. :P
And here I was thinking you still loved me!!! :omgrofl:
At least that attitude shows you have more sense than most.

Breather system and lanyard both need changing for current rules,a hose in a beer can ain't good enough nowadays and don't even talk about lanyards!!! :evil: The Funny bike will be a doddle,but efi streetbikes are a freakin nightmare... everything must be turned off now.I know someone who was failed because when he cut all power the immobiliser light came on.
I'm surprised things have changed so quick or is it longer than I realise since the bike was last raced.

The buells come first for now,want to be first into the 8s. and as my wife is supertwins chair the club comes first. The funny will fit in where it can.
Makes sense to me so what do you intend to do to achieve that?

the current buell will get dialled in where it is,once I'm happy I've got the best out of the 30shot then I'll make changes. Have a race Max sat waiting and first hardware upgrade will be some billet Ys and discharge tubes.
That answers the above question and should certainly do it. BTW I guess you're not aware of the BIG Harley in the US (using our system), that WON the championship last year. You can find details on our Facebook page but it will take some time trawling through ALL the posts.

Once the new rider get to grips with buell no2 we'll fit a pulsoid on that too and try a few different fuel options.
Get hold of some propylene oxide and add it at about 5% to any fuel and you'll be AMAZED at the results.

Proper busy,hardly left the workshop all winter,everything apart from the exhausts-APH engineering- has been done by me. All of the new bodywork,from blanks to moulds and on to finished panels- swingarms,chain conversions, chassis mods and shifter setups plus ecu programming. I have full data logging of everything on the ecu + dual wideband.
Keep up the good work.
Did you achieve anything outstanding last season?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)