NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: The 330Ci Results!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Autosri wrote:
When I surgested to a few friends I was looking at nitrous they all said it won't last a month till it was in bits I tried to explain it wasn't like fast and furious and they still gave it a month so I bet them a full bottle of nitrous and they had to take it to get filled aswell so needless to say they wernt best pleased when it lasted quite easily a month lol

EXACTLY my point, EVERYONE (except me) is an 'EXPERT' on nitrous and yet they ALL talk UTTER RUBBISH.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:46 pm 
Learner

I would agree with the lack of gas supply since my only option is an 40min away and is the only one in scotland!!! :cry:

Also agree with everyone thinking the car will blow up! Im sitting getting abuse over favebook that its going to blow up haha

Everyone seems to think its like it is in the faf movies :omgrofl:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:12 pm 
Learner

Blue flames and your floor pan falling off lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:27 pm 
Learner

My current display picture is the "danager to manifold warning" shown in the movie :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:21 pm 
Learner

dirteater661 wrote:
well after 3hours down at hypertech today the nitrous is finally finished.

RR results

they didn't do any static testing just straight onto the rr while being very careful with watching the AFR.

also on both with and without runs stopped miles away from the redline to be on the safe side :lol:

any suggestion on what fuel jet sizes to get before i pop back down to retry everything ?

I disagree with a lot of what you are sharing about your dyno/shop's opinion.

I would have run the car right into the limiter N/A to see the full power curve.

Secondly, on the nitrous pulls I would have the nitrous de-activate before letting off the throttle. This cutting the pull off to be "safe" will actually be dangerous with a large shot of nitrous.

Check your nitrous jet...a 50 jet in theory should give you the 20hp gain you achieved.

Not sure what controller you are using, but you DO have a small nitrous enleanment spike, and it may be causing the ECU to pull timing. You should not see a decrease in power after the nitrous is activated. I would get that sorted before adding any more power.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:18 pm 
Learner

some of that makes no sense to me! :scratch: when you lift of the nitrous is de activated anyway ?

it was a 50bhp jet so a 100size and set up 2:1 ratio.

its also been bumped up to 75bhp(150size) shot keeping the 2:1 ratio and after 2 bottles through it seems to be ok ?

will wait and see what input Trev has on what you have said since it doesn't seem to make sense to me :lol:

oh and heres a vid i got the other half to take. all on a private road of course :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqsmZINmtUw&list=UUHjDKMyvYotJJL5ZE_RKNxA&index=1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 pm 
Learner

ok done some more reading and still lost about the comment about deactivating the nitrous before lifting off?

Im not using any controller yet just the sb150i (single injection) kit and a bottle heater to keep the pressure constant so im unable to add a delay on either the fuel or the nitrous flow :redface:

also couldn't find a massive amount of detail of a "nitrous enleanment" so any clarification on that would be awesome :) i do notice after running through say all the way through 2nd to 4th by the time i feel the nitrous kick in 4th the power drops off noticeably mid pull.... I assumed this was down to the bottle pressure dropping and not being able to sustain the flow making my car run rich again. But from what i think you getting at is its my car changing the timing ???

Also those dyno runs where done WITHOUT my bottle heater so pressure as mentioned by Trev previously would of been a mile off where it is with the heater on :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:41 am 
Learner

dirteater661 wrote:
ok done some more reading and still lost about the comment about deactivating the nitrous before lifting off?

The DME sees the throttle being closed as a request for negative torque. The DME achieves this by cutting fuel. (Emissions/Fuel efficiency)

Your nitrous to fuel ratio might be perfect at the nozzle, but the mix seen by the engine will be super-lean.

Spark is still enabled during negative torque demand.

I'm surprised that nobody else could answer this!?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:25 am 
Learner

but when i lift off the throttle body will be closed so no extra nitrous will be getting sprayed into the engine either ? i understand the problem with the car cutting fuel/spark if you hit the redline/limiter and fill your cylinders with nitrous then when the spark engages again BANG :lol:

Well you clearly know your bmw and nitrous! PS i LOVE Your vids on youtube! :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:09 pm 
Learner

dirteater661 wrote:
but when i lift off the throttle body will be closed so no extra nitrous will be getting sprayed into the engine either ? i understand the problem with the car cutting fuel/spark if you hit the redline/limiter and fill your cylinders with nitrous then when the spark engages again BANG :lol:

Well you clearly know your bmw and nitrous! PS i LOVE Your vids on youtube! :twisted:

Test it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:39 pm 
Learner

Test what???