NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: nitrous on a rotary?
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:44 pm 

Hi there, i am new to the forum and the nitrous world, im just doing some research at the moment on nitrous systems and differnt ones you can get and the pros and cons of each, i currently own a mazda rx7 running at aprox 500fwhp but whilst at work the other day i stumbled across a nitrous kit tucked away and it got me thinking, so basically was wondering if anybody on here has fitted nitrous to a rotary engine and if so what was the best system to use for that type of engine. the kit i came accross has a progressive controller but to be honest that all i know about it. another question i have can you still run nitrous with water injection? any help would be great, thanks in advance

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: nitrous on a rotary?
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Fatboy2444 wrote:
Hi there, i am new to the forum and the nitrous world, im just doing some research at the moment on nitrous systems and differnt ones you can get and the pros and cons of each,
There is ONLY one system that you should consider for the numerous independent reasons provided on this forum and that's our Street-Blaster 150i and if you'd like a vehicle specific comprehensive quotation, please complete our contacts page.

i currently own a mazda rx7 running at aprox 500fwhp but whilst at work the other day i stumbled across a nitrous kit tucked away and it got me thinking, so basically was wondering if anybody on here has fitted nitrous to a rotary engine and if so what was the best system to use for that type of engine.
Over the past 15 years or so we've had a good number of customers with rotary engined cars and two in particular have been the quickest of their type in Europe and they both used the system I've just mentioned above.

the kit i came accross has a progressive controller but to be honest that all i know about it.
A correctly designed progressive system is the best option for you and a controller can be added to the system mentioned above.

another question i have can you still run nitrous with water injection?
Yes you can but there's no need to run both at the same time, so you can turn off the water while the nitrous is active and save water whilst benefiting from even better cooling that the water offers.

any help would be great, thanks in advance
The best help I can give you is to advise you to purchase a copy of my book as that will provide you with all the information you'll ever need.
http://www.noswizard.com/product_desc.php?id=97

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:22 pm 

thanks very much for the info, i will defo buy the book and get reading, do you know which the two cars where that had nitrous on them being the fastest in europe? i only ask as i work for rx motors and we currently have the fastest rotary in europe and has never had nitrous. was it a few years ago when we wasnt on the scene?

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

8)

The first was a NA Mazda that ran in my Euro Challenge which was some 15 or more years ago and the 2nd was a turbo 1,000 hp version (if I remember correctly), which ran in some of the Jap Street car events.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!