NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Solenoid wear & servicing
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

I don't normally post links to other company's sites that sell nitrous products but I just had to post this one.

As most of you will know, our Pulsoids NEVER NEED servicing or replacement parts, unless somebody has "messed" with them, so when I read that solenoid plungers were on this companies BEST SELLERS list, I thought it was an ideal opportunity to highlight HUGE difference between our Pulsoids and ANY other solenoid.

Now the price for the plunger may only be £10, but if they are best sellers you must need to buy them quite often AND that's the cheap bit, as a failed nitrous plunger could cost you your ENGINE!!!!

This is the ULTIMATE example of FALSE ECONOMY, to buy a nitrous kit that requires the solenoids to be frequently serviced to avoid engine failure for a few £££s less than our SUPERIOR QUALITY systems which will never suffer Pulsoid failure.

http://www.reddragonautomotive.co.uk/in ... conditions

Take a look bottom left. LOL

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:40 pm 
Wizard

Trev , for the life of me i still cant understand

Now forget all the bollox whos best , proffit margins , sales shit and the so called experts

Among most racers street users and even most tuning shops it is accepted that WON pulsiods are the best and nothing even comes close , and it would seam to me that if they are not ristricted by sponsers or there own profit margins they use your pulsiods , yet i also get impression most refuse to advertise this fact due to reason other than your KiT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

I'll 2nd that and it makes no sense to me either.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:12 pm 
Wizard

maybe ya new 350 bhp pulsiods with usa fittings and unjetted could be marketed as an up grade to replace the feked gernic shit at least then they would not loose an engin due to solonid dieing as this dose seam what quite a lot of people do anyway maybe you could market it as un upgrade kit

atleast that way if they want to keep all there injectors pipes ect you may just save them from a melt down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

We already offer our range of Pulsoids as upgrades for generic JUNK and we sell quite a few for that purpose.

One further point i'd make about the need for generic solenoids to require frequent rebuilds, is that I'd be TOTALLY ASHAMED if replacement components for ANY of my products were our best seller.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:54 pm 
Wizard

Trev!
I used to ride the Generic solenoid train as you know.
A new piston and seal every 20 passes or so was the norm for me. Although I didnt do this because it was the advisory thing to do. I knew when I needed new seals because I used to get some big nitrous burps off the line as the gas solenoids were letting by when I turned the gas on. So I'm on the line waiting to launch. Little did I know that my nitrous was seeping into the inlet mani as I was idling while waiting for the Green!!

Then foot to the floor on the light and a Bang!! Big flame out the scoop and a big bog down off the line to wreck my time.

I dont have this prob now :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:42 am 
Site Admin

Yes that sounds typical of the problems experienced by users of generic components.

The Fatboy team had to replace their generic solenoid plungers on a very regular basis till they switched to my Pulsoids, then they ran all season without the need to service a single nitrous Pulsoid and won the Street Eliminator class in the process.

Shame more people haven't appreciated the risks associated with generic solenoids and the benefits of our Pulsoids, as it would save them so much money in the long run.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: Solenoid wear & servicing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:55 pm 
Learner

my fuel pulsoid failed after running race fuel i think it had a very early seat in there anyways ant upgraded it with a newer version seat and alls been good so far.that was over a year ago .
tim

LIVE MAPPED BY NORRIS MOTORSPORT.
http://www.norrismotorsport.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

Very pleased to hear the latest seat material is holding up well and even though we haven't had any failures of this type since switching to the new material we are now looking to have them sprayed with a PTFE coating to make them totally impervious to any chemicals that could ever be used as a fuel. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:16 pm 

Hi :)

I am amazed.....

I have only ever run WON Pulsoids for years now and never had one fail and never even considered that they would......

When I hear that other makes need rebuilding after 10 or 20 runs, I seriously cannot believe that anyone would buy them, if I had I would be DEMANDING new solenoids....or the cost of a new Porsche engine if they damaged it....

Maybe I have just been spoilt by WONs utter reliability...and lifetime guarantee....not that I have ever needed it, and never expect to.

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

I selected the best materials I could find, for the plunger seals for both fuel & nitrous Pulsoids.

Whilst the chemical content of nitrous has remained the same (and therefore the material has stayed TOTALLY RELIABLE), unfortunately the chemical constituents of fuel has changed frequently and will continue to do so. Now that's bad enough on its own but the fact is that we have no way of knowing what ingredients petrochemical or amateur chemists use until after a customer has suffered a seal failure.

As a consequence we've had approx 20 fuel Pulsoid plunger seals fail over the years (which is still a VERY SMALL percentage) but as JUST ONE is 1 too many, I'm NOT HAPPY, which is why we're looking to improve the seal even more.

Whilst we give a lifetime warranty against any failures that are within our control and therefore our responsibility, as we are unable to preempt such situations/failures, they are outside the warranty terms and conditions.

Having said that, we still look after any customer who is unfortunate enough to have such an experience, by replacing the plunger/seal at a very reasonable price in a very short period of time (within 24 hrs), so as to minimise the impact of the problem.

Anyone who begins to suffers starting issues or rough idle, etc, should inspect their fuel Pulsoid for leaks, to eliminate that as a possible cause to minimise the consequences.

In conclusion, I can ASSURE everyone that we are constantly striving to find a 100% reliable solution to this potential problem and if our latest idea works out as it should, we should have achieved that very soon.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:40 pm 
Learner

Well, today have been busy preppin the race bike for next weekend, and as its a different engine decided i would static test the gas system for mixture.
Everything armed, dialled in around 4000rpm, hit the micro switch, and stall.... Bugger must be well rich. Try it again (both times on 25%) and same result. Try again no gas, nothing, nada.
No fuel to injectors, not good. Start investigating further and fuel pulsoid not chattering, swap it to gas side which was chattering nicely and still nothing.
Needless to say pulsoid will be in post tomorrow morning. Am guessing seat has swollen so much because someone here never drained fuel and its not been used for several months, that its stuck the plunger good n proper. :beatstick:
Am just sooooo glad i decided to check it before i used it otherwise that'd be me new engine gone!!
Moral of the story:-
1 If ya not usin it, drain it
2 If ya not used it for a while, test it before ya use it in anger

Steve

Is it possible to own too many hammers????

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:48 pm 
Wizard

Thats the one thing I do myself at the start of each season Steve. Its actually my Sons job on race days to pull the lines and do a flow check on all 4 pulsoids while I'm prepping the car. At least that way I can at least start my days racing knowing the gear was working 1st thing :)

I've only ever had two problems with pulsoids in the last 5 years or so. But its not worth being complacent is it. Check and check again eh??

Perry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

The good news is that unless they KEEP changing the fuel and the newer ingredients are worse than the existing ones, we should now have a material that should withstand being left unused, as our most recent tests have indicated will be the case with current fuels. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:24 pm 

Im having troubles with my system coming on when im going down the track. i can test everything back in the pits and works just fine. it only happens when im going down the track. i do run it on a timer and it is activated from the trans brake.

any suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately it could be any number of issues, especially as I'm guessing this isn't a WON system?

We'd need a great deal more info before we could even hope to point you in the right direction and even then we may miss the mark, because other brands of nitrous products are nowhere near as reliable as ours and as a consequence can suffer from problems we either seldom see or never experience.

Best of luck with it but your best bet is to switch to a WON system as that will eliminate a great number of 'issues' other kits suffer from straight away and then as its our product we'd know what we were dealing with and be able to assist you solve any fitting and/or vehicle related issues. :idea:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:24 am 
Wizard

Just wanted to add to this thread.

This is a youtube video about a "guru" talking about the different types of failures of generic CRAP solenoids and advice as to preventing such events.... YEAH RIGHT LOL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUJZoii6Oas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:30 am 
Site Admin

Smart enough to recognise the inherent problems of generic solenoids but nowhere near smart enough to do anything about even improving on them!!! :beatstick: :beatstick:

And certainly not smart enough to buy my Pulsoids, which anyone with even a few brain cells should figure is the sensible thing to do.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)