NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Most advanced Pro Mod car REVO system.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:34 pm 

How much will the system run? And will it come in a single stage system or will it be a 2 and 3 stage systems also?

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

Beyond wrote:
What did it run Trevor? I didn't see any ET/MPH??

I'm keeping the times secret for now John as I want the ultimate performance to be A BIG SURPRISE!!!
What I can tell you, is that the customer has just sent me the qualifying and run times for the last major Pro Mod European Championship round and he'd have done very well (even against some of the blown cars) if he'd have run this time at that event.

Keep in mind that this is an AUTOMATIC and as a consequence it's not allowed to race in the European Pro Mod class, until the rule change comes in to force to allow it next year.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Dre Day wrote:
How much will the system run? And will it come in a single stage system or will it be a 2 and 3 stage systems also?

The whole point of this ULTRA ADVANCED technology is that you ONLY NEED A SINGLE STAGE, because this technology allows you to start delivering power FROM ANY LEVEL TO FULL POWER over whatever time you want -SMOOTHLY just like turning on your water tap.
There is NO need for more than ONE stage!!!!

This particular system was designed to deliver up to 1,000 HP but if we need it to flow even more, then we'll be increasing that to either 1,500 or even 2,000 HP.
Even with a 2,000 HP capability from just the ONE stage, you will still be able to start the power from as low as ONE PERCENT if required and IF you wanted it to start from less than that low, we could even do that. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:17 pm 

What is the price on this system?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:17 pm 

Dre Day wrote:

Hi :)

A lot lol....dont ask how I know :)

But worth EVERY penny.....

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

Dre Day wrote:

At present I can only confirm what Brett said "a lot" (and more than Brett even realises), because this one was built as a one off special, with no regard for cost.

What makes it even more difficult is the fact that we may have to do others in a similar way and as such we'll no doubt encounter one off complications, that result in unpredictable cost to overcome.

The best I can do is provide a ball park figure, of 'at least' £4,000 up to £10,000 depending on exactly what is required and if we fit and fully test the system.

This may sound an enormous amount of money but it includes EXTENSIVE tech support and assistance in ALL respects of vehicle preparation and use (which this customer has taken full advantage of), to maximise the benefits that a CORRECTLY DESIGNED nitrous system can deliver.

It should also be kept in mind that the weight savings alone, can be worth the equivalent of $100,000s in titanium and/or ultra lightweight alloy parts, as one of my US customers pointed out to me after having bought a couple of titanium parts to save less weight that the REVO system saved.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 pm 

At that price its as much as a turbo system! Will I be able to run with the turbo cars in 10.5 outlaw in the U.S? And what r the chances of up the system causing the motor to go kaboom!!! That's a lot of nitrous to spray on a motor. And how consistent will this system be?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:29 pm 
Learner

Dre Day wrote:
At that price its as much as a turbo system! Will I be able to run with the turbo cars in 10.5 outlaw in the U.S? And what r the chances of up the system causing the motor to go kaboom!!! That's a lot of nitrous to spray on a motor. And how consistent will this system be?

Dre Day - Those are all open questions and no way to answer them without more info from you. For example, can you get this system and run with 10.5 Outlaw Cars? That would depend on "which" 10.5 outlaw cars you're talking about and/or what ET's rules, what kind of car you have and engine. Do you have a state of the art Outlaw 10.5 car? What series and rules are you running under?

N2O cars get a weight break in OL 10.5 which will help you some, but you'd better be packing a serious engine if you want to run with the best of even the nitrous cars, let alone Turbos.

Second, all race car motors go BOOM eventually. That's the nature of the beast. The only question is how deep are your pockets and can you play the level you're talking about?

Just a note suggesting you qualify your questions a bit better...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:55 pm 

Dre Day wrote:

Hi :)

The price may be similar to a turbo system but the quality and output is much better....

As said in the above post, it depends on YOUR particular class and rules, which we dont have here in the UK...

The chances of your engine going "kaboom" are slim to non existant with a Revo system as long as its fitted properly and you would get all the advice on that here from Trev and his team here....

With a Revo system its not even a "lot" to spray, my daily driver runs a similar system and as Trev says, you can set it at 1% if you wish rather than 2000hp...thats what the Revos and Maxx give you....truly ultimate control and fantastic smoothness and the ultimate in power when and if you need it....

No more changing jets and hoping your engine doesnt go bang.....just set the Maxx to 20 hp or 200 hp or 700hp (or anywhere inbetween) and off you go :) and you can work up from 20 to 700 in tiny steps if you wish as its only a few seconds to program the Maxx etc..

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

Exactly right John and for all those reasons there's no way of giving a guarantee of success.

However, what I do guarantee about ALL my systems, is that they WILL OUTPERFORM 'ANY' OTHER nitrous kit and on that basis, it gives ALL my customers the best possible chance of being not only the quickest nitrous car/bike in their class but also the best possible chance to beat turbo and blown motors.

We already have a couple of customers who have beaten their turbo competition (Ian Hook in Street Eliminator & Cecil Towner in Pro Street Bike) and I'm EXTREMELY CONFIDENT that this Pro Mod car customer, will be mixing it with the TOP nitrous and blower cars in Europe before long.

Once we've PROVED that to be the case, I have a very experienced US Pro Mod customer eager to dump his 2 stage US kits, for a full replica of this system and as he's already running low 4.0s for the 1/8, we're confident he'll be mixing it with the best in America soon after.

If that doesn't do enough to impress, then we have a far more radical system in the pipeline for an Outlaw Pro Mod car that SHOULD get the job done. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm 

Well either way it go's I plan on getting one. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

8)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 pm 

what is the turn around on building a nos system like this and what info will you need to get started?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Ideally we need the manifold here, so we can take accurate measurements from it and it would be best if we actually fitted the front end of the system for you. If you have a problem with that, then we'd need pictures and dimensions, so we can draw a CAD representation of the manifold to create the system to fit to.

Time wise is a difficult one;
If your manifold is 'similar' dimensions to the one we've just done, then it would be quicker than having to start on an all new manifold design/dimensions. We managed to get this one created in approx. 4 months but we suffered a number of MAJOR delays that won't now be a problem;
1) I was involved in a head on car crash at the start of the process, that made me unable to work for over 3 months
2) We had to do all the R&D to perfect the 100% accurate fuel distribution systems.
3) We had to do all the R&D to perfect the Atomising Fuel Discharge Tubes (AFDTs)
4) We had trouble sourcing the material to make AFDTs and the company we asked to make them for us messed us about so much that we ended up making them ourselves.
5) We had to do all the R&D to perfect the 100% accurate nitrous distribution systems.

All the above is now resolved, so the only delays will be in getting the 'special' alloy parts anodised and the 'special' stainless plates laser cut, as we can't do either process in house.

If you'd like a more specific delivery time, send me some pics of the manifold and if possible tell me the distance between the runners (at the head end) and the engine type and bore spacing, then I can see how close it resembles this one or the one we're working on for the US Pro Mod car.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:57 pm 

What type or what be the best fuel system to run with this nos system?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

Dre Day wrote:
What type or what be the best fuel system to run with this nos system?

You'd need one of these fuel pumps;
http://www.magnafuel.com/products/efi/pumps/MP-4701.htm

And one of these regulators;
http://www.magnafuel.com/products/efi/r ... 9940-B.htm
The M9950 model

You may be interested to learn that we're working on a REVOLUTIONARY fuel system that doubles as the nitrous fuel delivery and the NA fuel delivery, so you wouldn't need carbs. We're also working on a REVOLUTIONARY throttle body arrangement that will STOP nitrous reversion and create POSITIVE manifold pressure, rather than allowing nitrous and air to be blown out of the manifold, when the engine can't consume all that is being delivered, as is currently the case. :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:14 am 
Learner

Both of these sound great - I would be very interested in being involved with both of these systems (throttle body and complete fuel system) to run on a competition race bike.

Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:59 am 

Boostinhard wrote:
Both of these sound great - I would be very interested in being involved with both of these systems (throttle body and complete fuel system) to run on a competition race bike.

Sam

And the same with my race car. How long will it be before boh of these systems are ready. Bt the way won, intake was shipped out to you today. Give me a call when your free.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Boostinhard wrote:

Sam

What bike will it be Sam, as our bike prototype is being based on a Busa? Our car prototype will be based on the car in this thread.

FYI we also have a couple of customers considering the REVO's (and our Atomising Fuel Discharge Tubes), for use on Top Fuel cars for controlling nitro flow. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Dre Day wrote:
And the same with my race car. How long will it be before boh of these systems are ready.
To some degree the fuel side of the system could be made available now and it could be just used with conventional throttle bodies until we get our UNIQUE system manufactured (which is likely to be 3 to 6 months). The fuel side will utilise the same fuel rail and injectors as shown in this thread (just with higher flow capability), which will be fed by 2 sets of REVO's with 1 set being used for NA power and the other for nitrous power.

Some of the main advantages of this arrangement are;
1) The fuel will NOT be affected by G-Force when accelerating, so there'll be mo distribution issues as a consequence
2) The fuel will be atomised better and because it's injected and directed at the back of the hot inlet valve, it will vaporise and therefore burn better
3) There will be no fuel drop out on the manifold walls or runners
4) When the nitrous stalls the airflow, it won't stall the fuel flow and we'll have TOTAL CONTROL over how much fuel is added under such conditions, as we'll be monitoring manifold pressure/flow which will be part of a closed link fuel delivery feature.
5) There will be no need for comprehensive and complex ECU type fuel management, so although it will require a greater knowledge than a carb to set up, it'll still be much easier than a conventional electronic fuel injection system.
6) Ultimately we hope to make it plug and play with closed loop AFR control to ensure OPTIMUM results from MINIMUM effort.
7) It will prevent nitrous reversion and produce positive manifold pressure, which should take nitrous power to a whole new level of potential.

Bt the way won, intake was shipped out to you today. Give me a call when your free.
I'll be watching out for it and I'll give you a call ASAP.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:11 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
Boostinhard wrote:

Sam

What bike will it be Sam, as our bike prototype is being based on a Busa? Our car prototype will be based on the car in this thread.

FYI we also have a couple of customers considering the REVO's (and our Atomising Fuel Discharge Tubes), for use on Top Fuel cars for controlling nitro flow. :twisted:

Hi Trev,

its for the new race bike I am building. Its a sub 800cc kawasaki engine that I plan on inducing a fair amount of nitrous into. Currently looking at what carbs I should run and this sounds interesting. I love lectrons, but would need downdraft versions due to the late model cylinder head intake and I don't really understand or like kehin flat slides that much. We are allowed to run injection, so this would be a possibility.

Sam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:21 am 
Site Admin

OK well that's convenient, as the Busa is also downdraught, so I'll keep you informed of progress on that front. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:11 am 
Learner

That'd be great - thanks Trevor. Still very anxiously awaiting further details regarding the new max extreme too..... :shock:

sam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Sam, if it helps any, so are we with regards to the Max features but I have 2 updates for you on that front;

1) We have started getting the features list together and we're working on updating the Max web page.

2) We've now added the most REVOLUTIONARY piece of 'PULSED' technology to the Max V2, that will not only extend the WORKING ADJUSTABLE PWM range, from the accepted current limitations of 20% - 80% to ZERO - 100% but also OPTIMISE the response over the entire range.

Just to be entirely clear on this matter, until we added this feature it was IMPOSSIBLE for even a Pulsoid, to pulse in a desirable manner over a wider range than 20 to 80% (except in certain specific applications where it could be extended by a further 10%) and even then the response was a COMPROMISE over the majority of the range, as a plunger can only respond optimally to a fixed frequency at 50% PWM, therefore all other settings were running at less than optimum.

It doesn't matter what ANY OTHER BRAND of controller 'CLAIMS' to offer as an adjustable range, as it's NOT down to the controller to determine what frequency and PWM, that a given solenoid will pulse at, as that is ALL down to the electro-mechanics of the solenoid. Therefore, it will ONLY be possible to achieve such a wide range of ACTUAL PULSE RESPONSE with a Max, because it is NOT an improvement to the Pulsoid design, it is an advance in ELECTRONIC CONTROL TECHNOLOGY. :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

The Pro Mod system was in use again this weekend and LUCKILY will be in use again in a few weeks time.

It's 'LUCKY' because the car was raced on one of the worst tracks in the world and as a consequence, there was a HUGE risk of having an accident. When that proved to be the case, THANKFULLY the driver was JUST able to save the car from hitting the side wall and as a consequence of the track being so bad he was unable to run anywhere near as quick as he previously had on better tracks.

The good news is, that although he was unable to benefit from the higher power level we made available for this meeting, he was able to home in on the optimum settings for the mixture, timing and chassis set up, so the expectation is that these improvements will produce quicker times at the next meeting. :)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next