NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Audi A8. Blown and Gassed!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:59 pm 
Learner

I though I would show off my latest projekt;

Projekt AnA

I have an Audi S8 which I gassed and did a couple of threads. The instalation thread beingHere I have had my 98 S8 for 3 years now and still don't even think of changing it. I am however a serial modder and I have found myself on a number of occasions with the car in bits and a journey to undertake; both mutually exclusive. When my engine went west on a trip up to Yorkshire I ended up buying and installing a replacement engine.

What this meant is that I ended up with one of these:-

Which I did this to:-

Having done that and found 16 of these:-

I gave the heads to this nice man:

Who did all sorts of clever stuff like this:-
Which is called polishing and porting. :D

Now the reason I wanted to do this is because I had bought this:-

For £500 with a duff engine, that turned out not to be that duff but just needed one of these:-

An oil cooler. Of course the nasty people at Audi wouldn't sell me one; but suggested I buy the upgraded version for enough money to buy them all new super yachts. Fortunately I found an upgraded one in Holland and another nice man sold it me an the engine was sold for the equivalent of twice what I paid for the car! Result.

Now I had this:-

and my AHC being rebuilt when I came across this:-

which cost me the profit I made selling the engine! Another result.

And so Projekt AnA was born. Since then I have added 2 of these:-

and 4 of these:-

I gave the car to a funny man who I hoped was a clever nice man who did stuff with hammers and dollys and air cutting tools and sheet ally and filers and paint and compressed air. :no:

I gave the interior to another nice man who I hoped was also cleaver who is doing stuff with leather and sewing and carpets and stuff. See more stuff, useful stuff stuff.

When I got the interior back it looked like this:

Meanwhile the bodywork was looking like this:

:D
My body work guy turned out to have a very artistic temperament (read perfectionist) so the car went back and to a few times between engine build and body shop.

Standard and modified side by side....

Skirts that were not all the artist wanted so are coming off for a different set....

Close up side by side.........

Still to do are the front bumper grills and maybe another redo of the side skirts.

When I got the car back from the 'Artist' (whose work i am delighted with), we put the engine in NA format for testing.

Only in NA form but the AHC growls again:

As I was fixing this only 5 hours before:

But one turn of the key and Ben (the engine builder) genius unfolds:

[url=http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/whisky2000/Car/AHC%20into%20ABZ/?action=view¤t=040.mp4]Video[/url]

Mike

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: Audi A8. Blown and Gassed!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:58 pm 
Learner

More threads should be like this...photos... I love photos, mostly because I dislike reading.

Get that blower on Bro and you'll be a happy camper. I like the subtle pumped guards that your panel man has done.

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:38 pm 
Learner

Thanks Paul. Your Holden is an inspiration although we probably started together. This projekt has been running since July 09.

A bit more......
When I got the car back in NA form, I'm thinking think what shall I do next, when the machine shop, on-line suppliers and E-bay all kick in.

The boot of joy...

AP Racing 380mm brake disks and 6 pot alli callipers, RS6 rear alli callipers and disks, VW Pheaton brake cooling ducts and FK Konisport coilovers. Top Banana.

This was followed by a bitch of a couple of days. However.........................

The brake disks. Right is old front, middle old back and left new rear.

Old and new.....

Fitted front......

A side view...............

Finally got the car road legal and on the drive at home. Bit of detailing then off to Audi Driver International. Booked in for Supercharger in November.

After it's first trip out a few photos:

It was a 1997 A8QS. The engine is now an AHC. Wheels are Porsche 8.5x 20 and 10x20. FK Konisport Suspension with 60mm drop at the front and 40mm drop at the back.

It's now back in the shop for the fitting of the blower. Calculated Fly Wheel BHP is 580. I have also amassed 3 11Lb bottles, 2 heater blankets, 4 N2O and 4 Fuel Pulsoids, a max controller and lottsa fittings; all WON of course.

Once the blower is working. An LPI kit followed by the WON kit and maybe a transmission or 2!!!!! :)

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:45 pm 
Learner

That's a sweet looking ride, the height, the wheels and the pumped guards are a really nice combo. :yes:

I first started modding my car back in 2005? So I've been drip feeding it with money. I'm sure we all say to ourselves "If we had our time again" (and all the money we have spent on cars) we probably would of done things differently, bigger supercharger or perhaps gone the turbo route, lighter car etc.

Paul