NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Nitrogen and fixings
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

teddybare wrote:
wish you could clone nitrous trev ..im starting to have alot of trouble getting fills near me now,my wirral supplier just ended his support for it a month ago
Why's that then?

and a few of the manchester supplies are taking the you know what with there new prices :( would love to have my own bottle to use but as you know thats just not cost affective when your only dragging it to tescos ;)
It should be cost effective however you use it Ted.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:01 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
teddybare wrote:
wish you could clone nitrous trev ..im starting to have alot of trouble getting fills near me now,my wirral supplier just ended his support for it a month ago
Why's that then?

and a few of the manchester supplies are taking the you know what with there new prices :( would love to have my own bottle to use but as you know thats just not cost affective when your only dragging it to tescos ;)
It should be cost effective however you use it Ted.

my garage said they wasnt making any money on it trev... :? and when simon from nitrous oxide supplies started giving me these quotes for rental and delivery and apparatus well i glazed over :shock: basically i think im too poor at the mo trev :beatstick:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

teddybare wrote:
my garage said they wasnt making any money on it trev... :? and when simon from nitrous oxide supplies started giving me these quotes for rental and delivery and apparatus well i glazed over :shock: basically i think im too poor at the mo trev :beatstick:

If the guy doesn't think he's making money, he should (as a good businessman) increase the price to make it worthwhile.
With regards to the alternative of your own supply, you can forget the 'apparatus' costs, as we supply MUCH cheaper alternatives. If that all fails to get the job sorted, Nitrous Oxide Supplies will supply refilled 11lb bottles to your door.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:24 am 
Wizard

oh guess what trev ive sent my extra fuelling box to ron, i told him my plight with needing more fuel for the 100 jet and he said he would try and turn the screw "my technical term not his" :mrgreen: so when it comes back if i get any worthwhile results you will be the first to know.. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

Good man.

BTW when you speak to him next please apologise to him for me and explain that it was circumstances beyond my control (the car died before we could do it), that prevented me getting his box fitted and tested on my employees car but I'll get that done on my own next car ASAP. I'll probably have to send it back to exchange it for a Volvo job but hopefully he'll be OK with that.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:57 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
gotenks1321 wrote:
How much do you reckon the whole lot would come to?
I can't say yet, as I'm still not absolutely certain of 'all' the items you'll need, so I think a phone call is needed to finalise that. Please drop me a PM with your number.

Are you saying you would be able to provide the 2nd bottle as well?
Yes we can do that.

Regulators for the kind of pressure I'm looking at seem to go for around £2-300 which seems a lot for something that I won't use a great deal.
That's probably not the right one as the type you need to reach those output pressures are usually at least another £100 on top of that.

Would that 2nd bottle then be able to be used as an extra nitrous bottle or something similiar until it was needed to top up the nitogen again?
Depending on what size you go for, yes.

Money is going to be tight next month as I change over to a new job but I'd imagine i'd be looking to do this around May/June time depending on how business picks up (going self employed :D )
There are certain advantages to being self employed but there are NUMEROUS DISADVANTAGES that most people fail to be aware of. I've been self employed for almost 40 years and I'd say more than half of that time I spent wishing I wasn't and I'd NEVER advise anyone to take that route, unless they had no alternative option.
If it weren't for the immense pleasure I've had from all the R&D I've been able to carry out in the past 35 years and all the pleasure my systems have given to many thousands of customers, there's very little else I could say has been enjoyable about being self employed.

Think long and hard and then be prepared to work LONGGGGGG & HARDDDD if you take that route.

FYI I can't remember a day when I didn't have enough work for TEN men to do, that I had to do myself and in trying to do so I've very nearly worked 24/7 for most of those 40 years.
:evil:

Hi Trev,

Will drop you a pm soon, been away training all last week and this week has been manic so far :loser:

All the decisions have been made and I finish my current job two weeks on Friday. I'll be carrying doing what I do now (Network Manager for primary schools) but on a larger scale and working for myself under the umbrella of a county wide company. It's taken the best part of a year to decide whether to actually go ahead with it or not and I initially turned the idea down :lol: The opportunities (both financial and experiences) are too good to turn down so it's time to move on :) Looking forward to the challenges and even the longer hours to be honest :D

PB: 16@86.19mph off gas, 14.94@90.5mph on gas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:41 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
Good man.

BTW when you speak to him next please apologise to him for me and explain that it was circumstances beyond my control (the car died before we could do it), that prevented me getting his box fitted and tested on my employees car but I'll get that done on my own next car ASAP. I'll probably have to send it back to exchange it for a Volvo job but hopefully he'll be OK with that.

will do trev..... ;)