NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nitrous on a Rover 75 2.0 CDT
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 am 
Learner

Just wondering if anybody has fitted a system to one of these - a friend wants one fitting to his.

It's essentially a BMW 2.0 diesel with different badges on it. They come in 116hp or 137hp versions - this car is the 116. It's not a smoky engine - even at gearchanges under power - so I guess it's going to be limited to a relatively small shot.

Does anybody have a ballpark guess of how much nitrous one of these would respond well to in otherwise standard trim?

Also, injector placement. I've scanned through the diesel threads and seen mention of good position being after the intercooler - is this generally the case with diesels? (I also read that they will take placement just about anywhere, so if an simple installation somewhere else along the intake tract presents itself, just go for the easy option?

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Nitrous on a Rover 75 2.0 CDT
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:07 am 
Wizard

Hi

Injector after the intercooler and just before the inlet manifold seems what everyone goes for. The diesels take nitrous so well that it is very flexible. Putting it the engine side of the intercooler is a must unless you run for a while after using the nitrous as the engine doesnt like to start if it is not getting clean air, I have found the engine wont start on nitrous!

You would probably get 25 or maybe 50 on it without adding more fuel but with the diesels you just throw the unused stuff out the exhaust, it doesnt damage the engine as it would with a petrol.

Once he feels the extra pull from even a 25 shot it wont be long before more is on teh cards.......

We are using a 5lb bottle in a Skoda Fabia so it doesnt take up too much room in the boot.

Hope this helps a bit

Fixing issues one support call at a time.......
AKA Blue / IT Rabbit Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:28 am 
Learner

Thanks rapidblue. I've not even taken a good look at the engine layout yet but look forward to this one (- I'm curious).

As it happens he also has a little gadget attached to the fuel rail (one of those cheap so-called tuning boxes) which allows adjustment of fuelling for a bit of extra power - turning that up a bit should allow us to go to 50, I expect.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 am 
Wizard

Careful with those fuelling gadgets - they only fool the ecu a little and results are inconsistent.

LOTS of people who have had them found they have caused damage somewhere in the engine as it doesnt seem to do the job properly - not sure what goes wrong as it is not always the same fault car to car. A proper remap seems to be the ONLY way to go.

I havent used these myself - Ive always scraped together enough cash for a remap.

Ive used diesel driver http://www.dervhead.com/xmb/index.php as a sensible source of info for diesels. There is nothing on nitrous over there but its a good source of general diesel info.

Fixing issues one support call at a time.......
AKA Blue / IT Rabbit Image