NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1,3 multijet TDCI DDIS ..
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:09 pm 
Learner

hello

have any tryed nos on this type of engine?

I have a near complete kit laying around so i want to try it.

will i have problems with my EGR ?

i have some black smoke when full throtle.. i know i will only get more power if added more diesel.

My solerid is broken and im looking for a new one.. can i use WON solerids together with NOS ?

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: 1,3 multijet TDCI DDIS ..
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:14 pm 
Wizard

hiya.....wot probs do you envisage with the egr...most diesel owners get shut of it with a by-pass ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:13 pm 
Wizard

If anything Nitrous will help the egr as it will reduce the soot and help clean out the exhaust (sure works with the Fabia!)

It shouldnt effect anything - you can only use it for short bursts and it doesnt affect diesels if you use too much.

What car is the engine in?

Fixing issues one support call at a time.......
AKA Blue / IT Rabbit Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:27 am 
Learner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9LnAFLXnIA

this car...
it has a kevlar clutch now and injectors from the 90hp punto.

oh and a HDI boost controler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 am 
Wizard

Hi Fraguzz - Nice motor

So nitrous wont be a problem then! :D

I dont know how much you know so I will sling some stuff here for you. Although as EVERYONE gets told, buy trevs book - it has ALL you need to know to start and the rest you can get from round here. Theres lots of help on here - me I just take up room :loser:

Assuming the kit is off a petrol engine then it has 2 solenoids. With diesel you only need 1 solenoid as you dont inject fuel the same way BUT the petrol and nitrous units are very different. You CANNOT use a petrol solenoid to control nitrous. The standard petrol doesnt like LPG pressures so wont be any good for nitrous pressures. (Sorry if you already know this its just a safety tip!)

Make sure you have a way to ensure the nitrous only actives at Wide open throttle (WOT) either a pot box or a micro switch.

WON can supply you with new solenoids, you only need 1 as you wont need to add fuel. They can make sure it will fit the pipe from the bottle you already have (4an I assume). You need to check your bottle is OK

Change your injector to a WON venom with the nylon line from the solenoid. The nitrous jet goes in the outlet for the solenoid unlike the NOS kit which puts it in the injector (fogger). The venom fits into the pipes easily. Also the jets are easy to change on the WON solenoid.

When we did this we started with a 25 and 50 jets. 25 is a small fuel size but does make a difference on a diesel.

We quickly had 100 and 150 jets and now we are using 225, 250 and 300 jets. Once you get past 100 you could do with a nitrous controller (minimax). We havnt fitted it as yet but we get MAJOR traction issues when you hit the nitrous!

A short burst of nitrous means as much as you have in the bottle or till you run out of road........

Next you will be looking for water meth and LPG............... :omgrofl: bin heer b4 :omgrofl:

Bigger turbo, bigger jets.................

More Grip.......

Clean shorts............

New Cheque book.........

More clean shorts............

Your on a slippery slope now :yes:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:54 pm 
Learner

haha yah i have been on the tuning wagon for some time now! have looked on larger turboes but cant realy find a propper one unless i find a standalone VNT controler.. have found 2 places that makes something like that but one is very expensive and the other also expensive but dont answer there email :-).
BTW standard turbo is a kkk kp35
so
ok yah i did know that i cant add fuel (diesel) and yes it is off a gasoline engine..
didnt know that the gasoline solenoid could not be used for nitrus. :-( maby thats why it broke..

dont you use a EGT gauge or something?

what does a pot box do? an throtle monitor?
and can i get maby a RPM box.. dont want to hit it to early.
i think fuel will be an isue at some point but i dont wana have a smoke map all the time.. maby inject some 2nd fuel when i need it like oh.. what is it.. methanole? cant remember!

were do i put the injector.. the pipe going to the inlet manifold or pre turbo? maby just after the intercooler would make the install alot easyer...?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:40 pm 
Wizard

just after intercooler seems a favourite place ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:09 am 
Wizard

I use an EGT to make sure we are not generating too much heat so melt the turbo. With everything that we are adding it can get a bit hot.

The pot box is basically a throttle monitor it looks at the throttle position and when it gets to a preset throttle position it turns on.
The nitrous on the cars I have only activate at full throttle. One car uses a microswitch the other uses a pot box as the throttle control is all electronic.

Just after the intercooler is good - it REALLY helps cool the charge down as well - another good reason to use nitrous!

I have it on the last bend before the inlet manifold on the Fabia (along with the water injection and LPG)

I will try to get some pics of the install for you. It might help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:18 pm 
Learner

yah that would be great. could we narow down what products i need to buy from WON ? links maby :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:39 pm 
Wizard

Coo - yer dun want much then! :lol: Seriously though the BEST BET is to give the shop a call though and talk to someone there.

BUT here you go -
There is an upgrade kit but check as you only need half of it!
http://www.noswizard.com/product_desc.php?id=78

Someone check me please

The kit you would need is basically -
Nitrous pulsoid http://www.noswizard.com/product_desc.php?id=6
Injector http://www.noswizard.com/product_desc.php?id=43
Nitrous line - from pulsoid to injector http://www.noswizard.com/product_desc.php?id=28
TPS Switch (pot box) http://www.noswizard.com/product_desc.php?id=10
Nuts and olives http://www.noswizard.com/product_desc.php?id=46
And Jets http://www.noswizard.com/product_desc.php?id=37

That would give you a start - you can use your existing bottle and high pressure nitrous line.
Then everything from the end of the line to the engine will be new.

As you want more power you can add bottle heater and controller.

I upgraded my kit on my LPG car from an NX system so kept bottle, nitrous line and throttle switch. Then everything else (pulsoids and connections) was new. Ant sorted me out with the relevant converter already on the pulsoids so all I had to do was mount them. (and tweaked the fuel solenoid to cope with my high pressure fuel)

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:38 pm 
Learner

Now i have ordered parts for my fiat.. hope to get it next week.. maby ill get my non cat downpipe made also next week.
cant wait ... a box brought me 3sek of a 0-100km/h time and that gave 20hp and 36nm..
if i can only get 10-15hp and maby 20nm well maby a sek more of my 0-100time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:45 pm 

Just thought i'd add that with a tuning box mod and a 100 shot of nos on a 1.9TDi Audi i got 313ft-lb (422nm) and 163bhp

Without nos (still tuning box on) 220ft-lb and 128bhp

So I expect you'll get some good gains, espec if you are smoking already as you'll burn up all this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:53 am 
Learner

:D finaly got my parts!!

first installation:
+Thought ill sit down and put all of the wires together... well hmm this has to be the most simpel wireing diagram i have ever seen!

+Oh no now i had to put together my hoses.. so i looked in the manual and thought "this is a joke right??" i did as discribed and dam it worked perfect so EASY why oh why did NOS and NX have the stupid braided hoses!

wanted to check the size of the jet... but the manual said it was in the bottom of the pulsoid.. and it also said i shouldent remove the bottom part.. well unscrewed it and found the jet (size 50) well what part of the bottom i should not remove i dont know but it worked.

ordered a pressure gauge and a fitting to fit a NOS bottle but had a major leak at the gauge..? looked in the manual but nothing.. did it over 3times or more... then i spotted an unused plastic seal i tryed to fit it and that worked NO leak in the system at around 700psi in 6hours! opened the bottle and closed again 1min so it does not leak!

well the installation of the switches.. found a good spot for the main switch but the acc. pedal switch hmm didnt want to fire nos in first gear neither right after shifting because of boost spiking.. think my wastegate wasent made to control boosts of 1,5bars that comes so rapidly.. so i mounted it temporary on the gear stick.

in the morning i had my self a cola more to stay awake after seeing most of the lemans race.. and headed out to warm up the engine.. did a static test at 2000rpm (was realy afraid to push the button..) but that only raised the rpm abit as it should no sounds other than that cool injection sound :P

Went for 2gear 2600rpm full throttle.. and hit the nos.. well the difference was bigger than going from 1,0bars of boost to 1,4 so i tryed high boost and nos.. boost spiked because of a big injection of diesel acures at 2500rpm once more and first after 2500rpm nice gain like it would be like driving with ..i dont know 1,8bars maby..

Smooth delivery of power! :P like i wanted so little stress on the gearbox.

haven't seen if the smoking stopped.. haven't tryed to go with larger jets...

need a real remap so it wont have that boost in diesel at 2500rpm so i can fire nos sooner!

did counter a BMW 2009 model 5 series.. well they didnt se other than the rear of my car ;-)

:D :yes: more to come..! and video!

btw.. why oh why does the fun cars come to play when i havent turned on the bottle ??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:19 pm 
Learner

Having an 100jet in now..! more diesel and i think maby loss of traction in 2gear on dry road. Gonna run against my friends 100hp panda we are normal neck and neck .. but i build a subwoofer in and amps.. killed it abit so only a fraction slower but lets se if the nos does the trick.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Fraguzz,

You've highlighted just about all the advantages WON systems have over ALL other kits and if everyone was aware of those before buying a nitrous system, they'd NEVER buy any other system than WON, as I'm sure you'll agree.

The component in the Pulsoid that you should not remove is at the other end to the jet/holder.

I'm sure you'll easily beat your friend now. :yes:

Just make sure you have a full bottle and the valve turned on. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:54 pm 
Learner

http://m.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-go ... H3xo8LHX3s

The video i promised.

Wow many have seen this thred. 400+

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:32 am 
Learner

crap is now addicted to using nitrous.. im running along side cars like Suzuki ignis sport and Peugeot 106 rally.
nearly finished with my 2nd bottle and no problems what so ever GREAT.. didnt even get 1 good run with the NOS system(used) apart from 1time were the test car had a bad cluch :-(

if i hear any who talkes about nitrous i recommend them this product. and they have to have the pressure gauge and bottle heater also!! (oh cant recommend using a heater blancket with 80w effect it sucks .. 2hours around the bottle 100psi increase from 750psi :-( but dead cheap! how fast is the real deal?

am playing around with some home made propane injection.. and i cant se why there is a problem with running that and still have the EGR valve on.. if i only activate propane when on full throtle it should not send exhaust gas back anyways?? any take on this?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:14 am 
Wizard

hi....if you mean the real deal being the WON bottle heater, in the cool days we have been having it was roughly about 40 minutes to go from 600 to 950 on my last outting , on a nice day no time at all ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Take a look

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5584

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:01 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:

hi trev
im using this at the moment, http://tuning-diesels.com/75Zt/R75tu3.htm
now im not technically minded but i understand that the box i have increasers the fuel delivery ..from the dash i can turn it off which of corse lets me have my nice economical car, switch up which gives a mildish extra fuel setting or switch down which gives max fuel when the nitrous switch is depressed....im running a 75 bhp jet ive found that switched off and using nitrous i do get knock, in the up position with nitrous she flys ;) now here is were im abit stuck max fuel setting seems the same so ive put a 100 jet in and to be honest i dont really get a difference, Ant mentioned i must have found the sweet spot with 75 and the mildish fuel position,now i hope ive explained this ok and i know you wouldnt bullshit me...........but does the new product do a similier job or will it laugh at the sweet spot and give me the extra 150 jet i crave :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:10 pm 
Learner

as is stands on the Fast & Furious Car Show 2011
enjoy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

8)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)