NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: extra fuel
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

Can't argue with any of that, because it's THE TRUTH (Mickey) and from a guy who has some good experience of both.

As I said, there will be examples where this 'MAY' not be the case but in the main this is the kind of feedback we've got back from our hundreds of thousands of customers over the years and that's why 'I' make the FACTUAL statements I do both here, on my web site and in my books to that effect.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:46 pm 
Wizard

hi blue.....yer havin a laugh im in liverpool and if i broke something would have to get the coach home :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:48 am 
Wizard

Not that bad - Rapid Yellow is in Southampton and he comes up regularly

I havnt broken much in all the time at Pod, The Fabia hasnt done anything other than a clutch and Rapid yellow - he likes drive shafts! :omgrofl:

Fixing issues one support call at a time.......
AKA Blue / IT Rabbit Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:59 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:

At 16 years of age I 'THOUGHT' I knew everything about everything, yet over 40 years later and as each day goes by I realise HOW LITTLE I KNOW, despite having spent the past 40 years DEDICATED TO LEARNING.

These young lads have got that realisation to come.
Big tip Mickey;
Even IF you had spoken to EVERY tuning expert in the world about the subject of nitrous Vs turbo and they'd ALL told you what you claim to be the case - NONE OF THEM (JUST LIKE YOU) have remotely adequate experience of nitrous use to make such a judgement correctly - ONLY 'I' have adequately extensive knowledge of BOTH forms of tuning use to do that.

So basically YOU are a tuning legend in YOUR own mind and as far as YOU are concerned YOU know more about tuning every make and model of car on the planet for every aspect of driving be it drag,rally,fast road etc then ANYONE or ANY company in the WHOLE world. :omgrofl:
By the way as YOU don`t seem to know ANYTHING about me and obviously hate ANYONE disagreeing with you i will tell YOU a few things about ME. I am 38 not a kid and have been extreme diesel tuning for many years. My last two cars ran on diesel/propane/nitrous ( WON kit ) plus lots of other mods like hybrid turbo,ported head etc and where the highest powered road cars IN THE WORLD of there type. The following link has a write up of one of my cars http://www.allardmotorcompany.com/files ... uattro.pdf . I DON`T believe i am an expert or a tuning GOD which is why i go on many forums as i don`t believe ANYONE knows EVERYTHING.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:01 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
Can't argue with any of that, because it's THE TRUTH (Mickey) and from a guy who has some good experience of both.

I have experiance of all three ways of tuning propane,nitrous and water/methanol as i have had all three fitted to my cars.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:12 pm 
Learner

rapidblue wrote:
me - Im not past 40 yet (physical age), Mentally ...... well........ Hair............ going fast.
So far I have found on diesels that bigger turbos dont cost as much on fuel as a similar mod on petrols but they do cost more to run - and servicing has to be done more often.
We are looking at a bigger turbo on the furby but have an issue with fitting it in the space. The turbo we were supplied (at £2500 from some company that went bankrupt then opened up under another name soon after- grr nuvver story) was purchased as the part to do a fabia but unfortunately is only suitable for golf/a4 or bigger car!
New nozzles for the PD injectors are £100 a piece and then £150 a piece to fit!

Well am 38 years.
Apart from doing the servicing more often how can a turbo cost more to run ?
I paid 1000 euro for a new GT3063V which will out flow any turbo you have so what the hell did you buy for £2500 as you where robbed blind!
Why would the tubo only be any good for a golf/A4 not you car as the engines on those two models lay in different directions. My new turbo is usually fitted to a Hino truck and controlled with a eletric stepper motor. The stepper motor was rove and the turbo modded to work via vaccuum plus lots of other work.
New PD nozzles can be bought fitted in the injector body for 166.6 euro ( £146 fitted ) http://www.diesel-service.nl/shop/index ... ESCRIPTION

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 pm 
Learner

Teddybare has a common rail engine NOT a PD engine so prices for nozzles upgrades and fitments will be A LOT less as common rail injectors are a lot less complex then PD injectors.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:24 pm 
Learner

If you seriously believe a Turbo of any size can outperform Nitrous at a cheaper cost, then yes you are in the wrong place, as here we like open minded people, who will listen to Trev, who IS the foremost Nitrous expert in the WORLD, bar none, in my opinion...

All the best Brett :)[/quote]

I am open minded thats why i go on many forums and talk to lots of people about many different ways to tuning diesel cars and don`t believe one way is better then any other. I am very happy to listen to Trev but is this an OPEN forum with people with OPEN minds or a DICTATORSHIP where everyone MUST agree with Trev and everything HE says because only HE knows EVERYTHING about tuning EVERY car for every application and for persons driving habit. All other people and tuning companies small,big and international that put millions in product development and spend tens of thousands of man hours refining products know nothing......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

If you THINK your LIMITED experience of nitrous 'USE' on just a couple of vehicles or that of 99% of other general tuners (including those who include nitrous in their repertoire), comes remotely close to my 35 + YEARS OF 24/7 DEDICATED TO UNDERSTANDING AND LEARNING, ABOUT EVERY ASPECT OF NITROUS AND MANY RELATED SUBJECTS, then you are DELUSIONAL.

There are INDEPENDENT posts on this thread that support my vast experience and YOU are the only person holding the 'GENERAL' opinion that you do.

Your sweeping statements about insurance costs is a perfect and relatively unrelated matter to the actual performance issues that you also demonstrated, so this is not a matter of performance issues, its YOUR way of dealing with them.

My point is that you CAN'T make such generalised statements, because while in SOME cases you may be right, in others YOU ARE NOT. It is your use of sweeping generalisations that is the problem and as I avoid doing so (because I know they can never be adequately supported, due to the situation that there will always be the exception to a rule to fall foul of), I'm assured of NEVER being wrong.

A wise man will avoid generalisations and deal with each instance in its own right, so I suggest you pick up some wisdom sooner rather than later, rather than continuing to look a fool for insisting on making generalised statements that do not even apply to the majority of cases.

After noting your mention of purchases in Euros I assume you're not English and maybe that's where the problem lays in some of the translation and you use of what may be inappropriate words, which I could fully accept, appreciate and forgive, as I'm sure I'd make an even bigger mess of speaking in your native language.

That being said, I very seldom come in to conflict with my own customers (that is usually saved for those who even fail to appreciate my expertise in my own market sector) and it's unfortunate that you've chosen to put me in this position, because you've forced me to act as follows;

If you do not post an apology for your last post to me, you will be banned from the forum.

While you're thinking about that, here's another tip for you, if you want to be treated and respected for your age and experience, you should;
1) Talk accordingly.
&
2) Remove 'boy' from your logon name.

One final point, think back to how little you knew 20 years ago and then think how much you might learn in the next 20 and then you might get close to appreciating how little you actually know now.

Even at close to 60, I'm the first to acknowledge I still have plenty to learn, despite the INTENSIVE learning I've been involved in. For you to do otherwise at just 38 years old is pure folly.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

If this wasn't an open forum, your original and most of your subsequent posts would have been deleted, so you have the answer to your assertion already and once again YOU ARE WRONG!!!

Just because most people agree with my position it in no way supports your suggestion that this is a controlled forum.

Nige will confirm that we've had a couple of 'stiff' close encounters and he'll also confirm (I hope) that I've only ever acted against him over matters of integrity (as is the case with you) and not in ANY WAY because we didn't agree on the technical merits of a matter.

There is an ongoing thread where this situation is CLEARLY demonstrated, that I'm sure Nige will be happy to point you to.

Your next post will be your last if there is no apology.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:28 pm 
Wizard

im feeling guilty being the author of this thread :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 pm 
Wizard

teddybare wrote:
im feeling guilty being the author of this thread :D

LOL FFS M8 2 weeks ya been hear and look what ya started :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: No seriously dont worry about it it happens all time

If ya read back ya see among other thing was stated Nitrous is more expensive to insure , well on my bike it was actually cheaper than just NA but that was becsues i got moved up into a very specalist schem so sweeping statment was infact inccorect and i know of a few turbo bikes same make as mine that for less BHP pay a hell of a lot more than me and even if you slap a bigger turbo on tune it up you still got a moddified car and insurance company will treat it as such

Also stated Turbos cheaper option which could be the case or could not be lol on my bike you looking at £5000 plus as opposed to £1000 for nitrous so again sweeping statment incorrct and im sure are many more instance like mine on both cars and bikes and i read all time of problems people go thro buy just thinking slapping on a bigger turbo dose it

And now with Trevs advanced systems the cars and bikes are wining in certain case over the turbos

Like you i was happy with NA but wanted Nitrous for that bit of extra or odd track meet as the install cost was way lower than turbo and i only stress my motor for 10 secs at a time nitrous won, won system also kinder to engin so no need for me to strenghten it and if i wanted could turn it of and have completely stock Bike , Plus if i ever sold it remove a few bits and No one ever know

the Problem was Devon was making genral sweeping statments that were not applicable to all cars bikes turbos ect and when this was pointed out well the conversation got heated and a bit personal

LOL but if i was you i would still feel bad :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PS TREV has one big flaw hes still adement hes an expert in and thats judging who get the feking Thropies but as i said that never feking bothed me lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:25 pm 
Wizard

i do feel i made my mark here already....as a trouble maker and i havent even ordered the dam kit yet :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

LOL - nice post Tezz - LOL

I promise to delegate the trophy awarding job to someone better qualified in future. :yes:

Teddy 'You're barred'!!!!! LOL

Scrub that I just thought of a better pun you're now 'teddybarred' not 'teddybare' - :rofl:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:21 pm 
Wizard

i like it ... :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:15 am 
Wizard

Devonmikeyboy wrote:
Noswizard wrote:

I have experiance of all three ways of tuning propane,nitrous and water/methanol as i have had all three fitted to my cars.

I have experience of lpg, nitrous, turbo's ,superchargers and nitromethane.But I still come here to learn more.And I have a few disagreements about theories.Never been threatened with being teddybarred tho :rofl:

Buell 1125r 9.49@140