NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cecil Towner (HTP Perfromance) & Ryan Schnitz DO IT AGAIN
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:13 am 
Site Admin

In my last post (in the original thread), I said I wasn't expecting much from Cecil's ALL NEW & UNTESTED Pro Mod bike and his first runs indicated that I was right to think that way, as it was SECONDS off the pace.

HOWEVER, in JUST THREE RUNS he tuned the set up to not only be on the pace but allowed Ryan to get the bike within a HALF A TENTH off the TOP bike in that round with a 4.289 to a 4.236 in the FIRST ROUND of eliminations.

I'm just waiting to see what the outcome of the final (between Ryan & the TOP guy) is going to be but either way I couldn't be more pleased with the results so far and there's NO DOUBT he'll run MUCH QUICKER in future, just as he did with the Real Street bike & the Pro Street bikes.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: WON NEWS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:02 am 
Learner

Also of note, that 4.28 had a pretty slow 60 foot and 330ft time which is completely understandable from a team new to big tyre bikes or just a new bike fine tuning in general. She sure is making some power down the track with the WON nitrous system though. 6mph up on its opposition at 1/8th mile!!!!

new HTP pro mod in action:

Sam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:35 am 
Site Admin

Boostinhard wrote:
Also of note, that 4.28 had a pretty slow 60 foot and 330ft time which is completely understandable from a team new to big tyre bikes or just a new bike fine tuning in general.
Agreed.

She sure is making some power down the track with the WON nitrous system though. 6mph up on its opposition at 1/8th mile!!!!
Absolutely right and also of note are the following FACTS;
1) Its only a SMALL motor compared to the majority of others in the class and is approx. 300 cc less.
2) Its currently using approx. HALF the nitrous that the other bikes are adding.
3) It was on VERY SAFE settings, as you'd expect for the FIRST 'SHAKEDOWN' passes.

new HTP pro mod in action:

GREAT shot and the lack of paint shows how time has got the better of Cecil and what a RUSH job it was to get it to the track this weekend.

Unfortunately the times for the last 2 rounds of eliminations haven't been posted for the Pro Mod class for some reason but it seems that Ryan beat the guy who posted the 4.23 in the 1st round and then lost to the No.1 qualifier (who broke in the 1st round), so he 'MAY' have run quicker than the times I'm so far aware of.

I'll get the full story from Cecil as soon as he's in a location to get a decent phone signal.

Whatever the case, it's still an OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT for a FIRST race/TEST. :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:42 am 
Learner

Another point of interest (which must highlight the smoothness of the WON system) is that this bike uses a Haybusa motor (the opposition pretty much all use GS Suzuki based engines).

Hayabusa's have not been popular in big tyre racing as yet due to strength in the gearbox and crankshaft (something that the GS motors do well). Cecil is obviously taking advantage of the smooth pulsoids to keep the driveline in tact.

The smaller motor will be compensated for the high flowing downdraft style head that the Busa uses over the GS style engines though.

Sam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:56 am 
Site Admin

Boostinhard wrote:
Another point of interest (which must highlight the smoothness of the WON system) is that this bike uses a Haybusa motor (the opposition pretty much all use GS Suzuki based engines).

Hayabusa's have not been popular in big tyre racing as yet due to strength in the gearbox and crankshaft (something that the GS motors do well). Cecil is obviously taking advantage of the smooth pulsoids to keep the driveline in tact.
Again absolutely correct and I'm SURE Cecil wouldn't have risked that, if it weren't for the VAST amount of experience he now has, of how ENGINE FRIENDLY the power delivery from my systems is.

The smaller motor will be compensated for the high flowing downdraft style head that the Busa uses over the GS style engines though.
True but he's still well down on NA power and 'THEORETICALLY' down on nitrous power, although in actual fact he's ONLY down on nitrous FLOW but UP on nitrous efficiency, which is resulting in an increase in OVERALL power and that's how the power to achieve such high terminal speeds is being made. :yes: :yes:

There's also the old saying of there being no substitute for cubes and that's one of the main reasons most nitrous Pro Mod bikes (and cars), have given up on adding large doses of nitrous and gone for BIG CUBES instead, as bigger cubes can handle small doses of US nitrous easier than smaller cubes with big doses of US nitrous.
The 2nd main reason for the move to big cubes and small nitrous, is the lack of control over BIG HITS of US nitrous, compared to the relatively easy control over the NA power.
However, when using a WON system, NEITHER of these is an issues as the same rules don't apply.
:twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:06 am 
Site Admin

Just found these more comprehensive results (although the 2nd round times are still absent) and it seems Ryan improved to a 4.24, so a move in the right direction again;

http://www.mirockracing.com/results/201 ... 04-29.html

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:08 am 
Learner

Although the times were good for this round, the bar is still set by Ashley Owens with a 3.97 from last season. Hopefully HTP can smash that!

Sam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:18 am 
Site Admin

Don't forget that Ashley Owens record is now IRRELEVANT for the class as there are now weight limits which have made most bikes heavier and I believe there have been other changes made that have also resulted in slower times for the class as a whole.

Unless I'm sadly mistaken, ONLY ONE bike so far this year has run under 4.1 and I think that was a 4.09 so I believe the rule changes have certainly had a negative effect on times this season.

Regardless of that being the case, I've NO DOUBT that Cecil will ultimately DESTROY even last years record, just as he destroyed the Pro Street record last year. :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: Cecil Towner (HTP Perfromance) & Ryan Schnitz DO IT AGAIN
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:12 am 
Site Admin

Well it was AMAZING enough that Cecil & Ryan (BIG congratualtions to both by the way) managed to get on the numbers in UNDER SIX runs, if you assume (as would be reasonable to do so considering the results), that Cecil had got EVERYTHING SPOT ON.

HOWEVER, IT'S EVEN MORE AMAZING when you consider the following information, that I've recently had reported back to me from Cecil;

1) The bike was serious under geared - resulting in extreme wheel spin and tire shake - which is why the trie looks overly inflated in the pics above, when in fact it's because its grown to that shape due to wheel spin. :shock:

2) It was so under geared that it was on the limiter in top gear by the 330 foot mark (half way through the run)

3) The mixture on the first few runs was PIG RICH but by the last run it was closer, although still 'very safe'

4) He was only using SMALL nitrous jets, that were smaller than he's used in his Pro Street bikes

5) He was using an extremely low start power percentage to reduce the wheel spin etc.

6) He was using an excessively long build time for the same reason as the low start power and also to ensure the bike got down the track.

7) Timing settings were WELL SAFE, as you'd expect at such an early stage of the game.

So taking all the above in to account and this weekends results are INSANE!!!!

Can't wait for Motec to finish testing the REVO & interface unit we've sent them, which is about to be fitted to this bike, because even on a single Pulsoid system I'm CERTAIN the bike is going to run deep in to the 3s, so God knows what it will do once the REVO is fitted.

Anyone want to bet against a 3.7 pass????

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)