NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: HTP Performance 2010
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:45 am 

First off I would like to say thank you to one of our biggest supporters this past season,Wizards of Nos for helping us bring home our second MIROCK Real Street championship and our Second place finish in AMA on the same motorcycle piloted by Keith Thompson. We lost the AMA championship by .005 it was the best race of the season. The end of the 2009 schedule was hard for me since i spent most of it in the hospital and home recovering from my accident. But my DAD and Keith did a damn good job finishing up the year. My prostreet bike was a complete learning curve in 2009 and yet we managed to go 7.41@191 with little or no testing all season. The winter has brought me to some changes and improvements and the prostreet bike and the real street bike have ALLOT left in them so we are looking to set the bar at the begriming of 2010.

HTP is proud to announce our new rider for Real Street. Ryan Schnitz will be piloting Keith Thompson Real street ride for 2010. SO my team looks like this

Real Street: Rider, Ryan Schnitz 2007 GSXR 1000 Powered by WON, REVO, BROCKS performance,CP Carrillo ,BST wheels

Pro Street : Rider, Keith Thompson 2008 hayabusa powered by WON, REVO, BROCKS performance,CP Carrillo ,BST wheels, MOTEC

Pro Street : Rider, Lavar Dealey 2008 hayabusa powered by WON, REVO, BROCKS performance,CP Carrillo ,BST wheels, MOTEC

Crazy 8: Rider, Ryan Scnitz 2008 hayabusa BAZZAZ, BROCKS performance,CP Carrillo

Crazy 8: Rider, Keith Thompson 2008 hayabusa BAZZAZ, BROCKS performance,CP Carrillo

NOW HTP will be running the MIROCK series in this order but WE ARE having 4 events @ Virginia Motorsports Park this year. THAT will have the biggest PRO STREET and REAL STREET purse ever. $5000.00 payout to winner. Thompson and Schnitz will switch bikes for these events so it should be interesting.

With Ryan,Keith and Lavar I have three very dedicated riders in my program to their bikes and to me.The skill level that they posses I expect them to go fast and break Records quickly.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: HTP Performance 2010
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:55 am 
Site Admin

Cecil thank you for posting your appreciation of my assistance and detailing your plans for this season.

Having such a GREAT rider as Ryan Schnitz on your team is going to be VERY INTERESTING to see if he can do an even better job of optimising the bikes performance with the REVO system than even Keith did.

Once again you have my full support all season and with the changes we've discussed over the winter being implemented in time for the start of the new season, I'm SURE the new combination of;

IMPROVED BIKE
IMPROVED UNDERSTANDING OF THE REVO SYSTEM
FURTHER ADVANCES IN OUR NITROUS TECHNOLOGY
IMPROVED RIDER

Is going to be A KILLER!!!

Best of luck for some good weather and a GREAT start to the season.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:33 pm 
Wizard

Excellent news there Cecil!
Good luck for the next season :yes:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:41 am 
Site Admin

Unfortunately Cecil has had an EXTREMELY bad start to the 2010 season (except for the results on the real street bike the week I was there and the week after, when Ryan Schnitz ran a world record 7.81 run), as BOTH his Pro Street bikes have suffered MAJOR gear shift problems, that have prevented them getting down the track at all in most instances.
At first he thought it was the pneumatic shifters that were at fault but he's now discovered that the real cause of the problem is that the gearbox manufacturer has put an undercut on the 1st gears which prevented the gears from disengaging on the shift.
Its now going to be another 5 weeks before these boxes are replaced, so his chances of winning any championships this year are virtually zero. :evil:

If that wasn't bad enough, Ryan Schnitz who was commissioned to ride his Real Street bike, crashed on a new BMW motorcycle and broke his shoulder, so he's no longer available to ride Cecil's bike.

Talk about "shit happens"!!!!!

All we can now hope for is that the gear problems will be solved this time round and that Cecil will be able to finish the 2nd half of the year on a high with a few record runs to prove it was only the gear problems that stopped him achieving his goal.

I'd also like to send best wishes to Ryan Schnitz on a speedy recovery.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Cecil reported to me recently that he's sorted his gearbox problems by switching to NORMAL gearboxes with pneumatic shifters on his Pro Street bikes, plus he's built a 2nd Real Street bike for Keith Thompson ride who will team up with the fully recovered Ryan Schnitz.

The full team will be testing and racing next week and Cecil is hopeful that they'll run some serious OFFICIAL numbers to match or improve on the unofficial WORLD RECORD quickest nitrous time of 7.22 secs that Lavar ran in practice earlier in the year, despite the gearbox problems.
:)

Watch this thread for the latest reports as they come in. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Well its been a while since I had anything positive to report about Cecil results and that's because the switch to conventional gearboxes DIDN'T solve the problem and consequently he's continued to suffer an inability to change gear, which has prevented him getting more than an OCCASIONAL ODD SUCCESSFUL RUN until recently!!!

While the gearboxes have started to perform a LITTLE better, they are still causing occasional screw ups at crucial times (as they did this past Sunday), which has prevent the bikes from achieving real progress. However, DESPITE such serious setbacks Cecil had BOTH his Pro Street bikes produce some impressive numbers and with a bit of luck he'll be able to overcome the persistent gearbox problems before the next race meeting, so the world can get a better appreciation of what the bikes can achieve AT LAST.

Full details of Cecil's recent results can be found here;
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5526

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)