NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Interesting matters from US trip
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

Now I've managed to get back on top of things since my return from America, I've now got time to reflect on some aspects of my trip that I haven't dealt with before;

If you hadn't already appreciated from my reports, there is a common factor in all 4 main events 'sparks'.

1) The discovery that my Pro Mod customer did NOT use new plugs and obtained his plugs second hand from other racers, was the main reason I lost confidence in his suitability for advancing the REVO technology.

2) It was plugs that were responsible for the initial poor results of the GT 40 and it was my suggestion that the plugs needed inspecting that in addition to the nitrous system lead to the world record run of 253 MPH

3) It was lack of spark strength that caused the N.O.S plate on the Camero to under perform and it was my instructions to replace all the ignition components that resolved the problems.

4) It was the fitting of surface discharge plugs (as INCORRECTLY advised by the US NGK 'expert'), that caused Cecil's Pro Street bikes to misfire and it was my awareness of the unsuitability of that type of plug for nitrous that cured the problem.

Three out of four customers acted on my advice and they went on to achieve improved results as a consequence, so you can make your own conclusion about the fourth who didn't.

The fourth who chose to ignore my advice (Chris Patrick) was also involved in the following matters;

1) When he used my pulsed system for the first time, he reported to me that the car had blown the tires away when using the same power jets (but pulsed at 20% start power), as he had no such problem with when using the jets in his Speedtech kit. When I suggested that PROVED how much better my systems are he played it down and said he wasn't sure if the track conditions had been at least partly responsible. Now I found that very strange at the time but as he was sparse with the details and I could see no reason for him playing the results down I had to just accept his conclusion.
However, while I was in America working with him, his mechanic (Ron) told me that when they used my system they were BLOWN AWAY BY HOW VASTLY SUPERIOR THE RESULTS WERE!!!!
So why would Chris have played down the results to me in the first place I wonder????

2) Although the majority of Pro Mod racers were made aware of the REVO system being on Chris Patrick's car and although a few of the TOP names (as well as Mr. Fulton himself, his top tuner and Speedtech), were all at the same race track that we were at (in the hope of testing the system), ONLY ONE of the racers came over to the car and even that one didn't show more than a cursory interest in the REVO system.

I have my own opinions on all the above but I'll leave you all to form your own.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US