NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: HTP Performance MID season report
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:38 am 

First off I have to give the biggest thanks in the world to Trevor the nitrous wizard . For supplying his products and idea's that has totally changed nitrous oxide as we know it. HTP Performance drag race team is currently leading the points with Keith Thompson's WON powered 2008 GSXR 1000 in the MIRROCK series and Second in points in AMA Dragbike. Our WON powered prostreet bike Piloted by Richard Gadson is the fastest nitrous powered prostreet bike in the world with our 7.45 @191 mph . Keith's bike was the first Real Street bike in the sevens Going a 7.97 @ 174mph . Richard Gadson's Real street hayabusa also went 7.97 @ 187 mph. These accomplishment's were all acheived with Pulsoids and Max Extremes from NOS Wizard. NOW for the second half of the season Keith's Real street bike and Richard pro street bike are equipped with REVO power. Keith's bike has had the REVO for 2 races now and the results are impressive in INDY Keith's bike almost equaled the best Pulsoid time with a 7.99 and reached top speeds over 180mph every pass with the REVO. At our last race Keith's bike ran 8.0's consistently every pass 15 of them to be exact. To help you guys understand how great this is last year with our american Kits Keith's Bike averaged anywhere from an 8.30 to 8.15 that is a very big window. The bike was so violent it was on the verge of wheelying or spinning every pass . This year we switched to pulsoids and put on the Max Extreme and the bike ran 7.97 to 8.10 so just using better quality solenoids and nitrous controller we picked up 2 tenths. But we were still pulsing Now with the REVO it goes 8.0 every pass the bike is so smooth the power is delivered so precisely that the bike acts like it is on auto pilot. AND dont worry we will go much faster than 7.90. My hardest job is now, because being a tuner for years I have tried to always compensate for violent nitrous kits, so our first two outings with the REVO were a big surprise as I have never been able to control nitrous down to the very last horsepower. So when i make a change I expect the bike to go bananas but it didn't. Now i can use nitrous to its full potential. Our next outing will be in ATCO sept11-13 we will be REVO equipped on the Prostreet for this race and Me, Keith and Richard are going to try to ripp the scoreboards down.

P.S.
Not only have we scene performance gains in our bikes but the engines look flawless when we tear them down after every race they look like a normally aspirated engine. The WON systems are so advanced over any other system they deliver power smoother, more efficient and have had 10 times less were and tear on my motors. In todays economy thats saved me dollars that i didnt have as I lost a big sponsor this year and have had to foot my whole race program out of my own pocket. Not only am i competing against factory backed teams I am beating them and I owe it all to the people I surround myself with. MY shop HTP Performance we build some of the fastest no bar motorcycles in the world, Bob Carpenter who does all my cylinder heads. Brocks Performance who supplies us with the sweetest exhaust systems, and Carbon fiber wheels (** NITROUS WIZARD**) the most important part the power adder thanks Trevor your a Damn genius

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: HTP Performance MID season report
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:53 am 

Attachment:
KT.jpg
KT.jpg [ 104.18 KiB | Viewed 21266 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:54 am 

Attachment:
RICHGADSON.jpg
RICHGADSON.jpg [ 110.01 KiB | Viewed 21275 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:32 am 
Site Admin

Outstanding achievements Cecil, now all we have to do is keep it up till the end of the season. 8)

Many thanks for the kind words and the best of luck to you and the team for the next race, where I'm confident you'll show the world even more of the REVO potential.

It's great to hear that you've benefited from seriously reduced engine wear and tear, which is a very important factor that people fail to appreciate is an added bonus of using our systems. It should also be noted that this improved reliability has so far been achieved from using our pulsed systems and now that you've switched to the REVO systems, the wear and tear on the engine will be even less, so you should see 2 or more seasons using the same motor parts. :twisted:

When you reported the results of the REVO being no quicker than the Pulsoid system (albeit with no experience in optimising the tune up and power delivery), I was disappointed but after learning that the AVERAGE time was much quicker using the REVO system, I further realised that the REVO system would not only lead to improved one off performances (when conditions were optimum) but also sustained and repeatable performances when conditions were less than perfect, because of the ultra smooth and precisely adjustable power delivery they produce and as championships aren't won by one off best times alone but are won by repeatedly consistent performances, I can now see why you are already so happy with the REVO results.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:02 am 
Site Admin

Hey Cecil, I'm sorry to hear you're in such pain with your knee and I hope you recover soon.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:17 pm 
Learner

Fantastic results!

Being consistent is the ONLY way to go faster when testing.

How can you measure the results of small changes if you can't be consistent?

From my own experience, I noticed my engine was substantially smoother on the dyno with a WON system than with the previous NX system.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:15 am 

Exciting news, I can only imagine how you are feeling.

Best of luck and if you find the time, take some pics and post them up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:28 pm 
Learner

They really are fantastic results.... :cheers: :cheers:

Someone must have balls of steel to be flying down the strip at 191mph on a bike...lol.... not for me thats for sure...

:bow:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:04 am 
Site Admin

Despite Cecil being confined to hospital after his terrible burns incident, Keith Thompson (assisted by Cecil's Dad) once again managed to win another round of the MIROC championship and increased the points gap between him and his nearest rival.

Although he only qualified in 6th position with an 8.187 (No 1 qualifier posted a 8.031, so you can see how close this class is), he was able to gradually improve on that time as he progressed through the elimination and ran an 8.037 in the final.

Once again the REVO gave him the control and consistency he needed to WIN, whilst the rest of the field (in the main) hopped about between 7.9s to 8.7s.

This is an AMAZING achievement, without Cecil there to interpret the logs and optimise the Max/REVO settings accordingly and is MUCH BETTER than I expected would be the outcome.

It's just a couple of months since Cecil fitted the REVO system and this is JUST the 3rd event Keith has used it, yet despite such limited experience and lack of time to tune, he has WON 3 major events in that time.
We are still well down on what the REVO system can deliver and so there is a good deal more to come once Cecil is back on track and gets the time to optimise the system but we're more than happy to settle with consistent 8.0s with an occasional 7.9 and a string of race wins for now. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:43 am 
Wizard

Thats a puker result on a new set up .

respect

Tezz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

Latest news is that Cecil was actually running the show from his hospital bed this weekend, truly a man after my own heart, so he played as big a part as possible under the circumstances. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:25 pm 
Learner

:bow: :bow:

:cheers:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

The HTP drama continues in full force this weekend!!! :shock:

After struggling to get back on top of his back log of work due to his burns episode and trying to squeeze in some mods to the race bikes, Cecil found himself out of time and unable to carry out most of the work we needed to get done to make some SERIOUS progress this weekend.
However, he still made it to the track with the intention of getting a few test runs done to squeeze a little more from Keith's bike, only to receive a phone call just as he'd unloaded the bikes, to say his wife (Leah) had gone in to labour, so he had to rush back home to be with her.

Keith was left to his own devices but once again held it all together without Cecil and ran a string of 8.0's and 7.9s to qualify number 1 for the event, with a new PB of 7.95.

Keith has just made it through the 1st round of eliminations with yet another 8.0 and only has to get through the next round to be sure of the 2009 MIROC Real Street championship, so we're all here waiting with baited breath for the outcome of this next round.

Back soon with the final event results.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately Keith had a traction problem, something to do with water on the track (the line wasn't very clear), so he went out of competition in the 2nd round but the GOOD news is, that it turns out he only needed to win the first round of eliminations to with the MIROC championship, so he is the 2009 MIROC Real Street Champion.

:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:26 am 
Learner

That's great news for everyone all around:

- New baby
- PBs
- Championship

I'm looking forward to see what updates to the engine that the winter brings. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Yes it was a very special weekend for Cecil and Co. but before the winter mods we have one more important race meeting at Valdosta next weekend, which is the final round of the AMA championship. Keith is currently leading that championship by the slimmest of margins (less than 10 points), so he may need to go all the way to an event win, to make it a double championship year.

If he manages to secure that before the final round, I'm hoping that Cecil will throw the extreme caution to the wind, that he's been handicapped by so far this year (although that caution has also had a positive effect as it could well be responsible for Keith's current situation) and take my advice, to increase the nitrous power SUBSTANTIALLY to give Keith the same power that the bikes with the bigger engines have and run a SERIOUSLY QUICK time to end the season with.

If he doesn't get that opportunity, I hope that Cecil will get the chance to run Keith's bike at some test session at full power before the end of the year and with any luck that will be with the SSIS in use. :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:40 am 
Site Admin

Cecil is at Valdosta this weekend with 3 bikes and the times is currently sitting like this;

Keith Thompson (Real Street) after 2 runs 8.04 and currently qualified 2nd to J. Teasley who has run a 7.97 and who he needs to beat to take the AMA championship.

Richard Gadson (Pro Street) from JUST ONE GOOD RUN after an electrical problem had prevented the use of the nitrous system since the REVO system was fitted, posted a 7.43, which I think is either a new PB or at least very close to the PB he ran using our pulsed system. The best thing about that, is the electrical problem could have lead to engine failure if Cecil had tried to run a large dose of nitrous and as Cecil is a cautious guy, my guess is that this last run would have been on much less nitrous than the previous 7.4 runs he's made.

Not sure who is riding the 3rd bike but it was Cecil's real Street Busa which he's added a longer swinging arm to and one or two other minor mods, to move up to pro Street and on only his 2nd pass he's just run a 7.5 pass.

Tracks been down for ages now but they've just got back to racing again, so waiting to see how Keith does on his next run.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:57 am 
Learner

I guess they called it a night?

Looking forward to Sunday's update!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately Cecil made what he thought was a minor adjustment to the fueling, which was actually a major one and that caused Richard Gadson's Pro Street bike to go flat after the 1/8th, so no improvement there.

Also unfortunately, Keith Thompson had some kind of problem (think he wheelied mid track) and also failed to improve on his 8.04 and stayed in Q2. The worst of that was that he was running against the Q1 rider, so it no doubt gave him a psychological boost and so the pressure is now on Keith to make sure he reverses that result today.

The good news is that we now have TWO bikes running 7.4s in the Pro street category, as Cecil's Real street Busa rider improved on his 7.5 with a 7.4, so at least he had one out of 3 to be happy about.

Racing starts in earnest in about an hour or so and can be seen here;

http://dragbikelive.com/livetiming.html

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

Well Keith has just made it easily through the first round of eliminations but it was expecting too much for the Pro street bikes to follow suit after Cecil had such a major set back with his accident and was then unable to do any dyno work on them and consequently both went out in the first round against quicker turbo bikes but still an achievement to actual qualify in the top 12 in a class where turbo's were the only option at the start of the year. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

Keith sailed through the 2nd round on a bye and took the 3rd round with an 8.10, due out again soon. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:53 am 
Site Admin

Unfortunately although Keith ran his best run of the weekend against Teasley, it was not QUITE ENOUGH to take the win. :(

The difference at the finish line was under 0.01secs, so it doesn't come any closer than that. Such a shame that Cecil had the misfortune of the fire at his workshop that seriously set back the development program on Keith's bike.

All in all still a GREAT result to win the MIROC championship and take a very close 2nd place in the AMA championship, especially when you consider that Teasley is a WORKS Kawasaki rider with the appropriate financial backing, riding a bike approx. 300cc bigger than Keith's modestly sponsored 1,100cc Suzuki and he weights SUBSTANTIALLY less.

The REVO has proved TOTALLY RELIABLE and the overall nitrous package has done EXACTLY what Cecil programmed it to do and although it didn't blitz the opposition (THIS TIME), that's mainly because there is still plenty left in the system but the bike just couldn't take any more without lifting the front end, so it's been kept on modest and conservative settings.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:07 pm 
Learner

Congrats on a fine season

Take it next year will see some chassis/suspension mods then??

Hopefully it will have made a few people sit up and take notice over there...

Its a shame really that nitrous use has no real purpose outside of racing (Yes i know it works just as well on the road, but even then its as likely to be for street racing and or pose value), otherwise you could have a works team banging your door down, now with that kinda backing things could really start moving. But unless someone outside of the "big four" want to muscle in on the superstreet act i cant see it happening.
Think what you need is a nitrous class, no turbo's allowed and stock engines only, then people would really start to see a difference in quality, but since when was a playing field ever level?? LOL

Steve

Is it possible to own too many hammers????

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Can't argue with any of that.

Having said that, I'm not sure if any chassis mods are possible within the class rules, so what is really needed is a change of mindset in the way the bike is ridden and the nitrous used, because the world still builds engines and rides bikes like a NA bike with nitrous added, rather than an all out nitrous bike, because ALL OTHER nitrous kits are so basic it's the only way to run so quick but now that the REVO exists, the engine should be built specifically for nitrous and the rider needs to change his technique accordingly.

I've discussed this with Cecil and he seems to be in agreement, so I hope to see those principles acted on on in the near future. However, although this isn't definite yet (as far as I'm aware), Cecil will be moving Keith up a class to Pro Street next year, so that will be a whole different ball game.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:15 pm 
Wizard

Not that it makes the slightest difference to the result (commiserations to Keith and all involved) but I was told Keith crossed the beam 0.002 seconds later and I also learned that Teasley is a sprightly 18 year old midget - well, not a midget but a very small and light person :lol: