NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: YZF-R6
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:26 am 

Hi,
My names Luke, I live in sunny Queenlsand, Australia. Im a newbie to nitrous and im here for help.
I have a 2000 R6 which ive put alot of time and effort in to making look good and perform well. The engine is internally standard (as far as I know) with the ussual exhaust, ign advance, gearing changes and carb tuning.

I would like to run a WON wet kit and would appreciate it if you could reccomend a 'parts list' or similar to get me going. Looking to start at say a 20-30hp shot. Do I need just the basic kit? Or a progressive controller + purge system etc. Theres not much room on this bike and its just for fun on the odd back road. Theres not alot of information out there on nitrous R6's as everyone seems to upgrade to a 1000. But this bike is a 1 off custom and I plan on keeping it.

Im handy with a spanner so the bolting up side of things isnt a problem. I just want to make sure im doing it right.

If im successful with the R6 my father has a 955I Daytona he would like to give a little boost along as well :yes:

Thanks in advance, Luke

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: YZF-R6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 am 
Site Admin

ausromeo wrote:
Hi,
My names Luke, I live in sunny Queenlsand, Australia.
Hi Luke and welcome to my forum.

Im a newbie to nitrous and im here for help.
And you've found THE BEST place for that.

I have a 2000 R6 which ive put alot of time and effort in to making look good and perform well. The engine is internally standard (as far as I know) with the ussual exhaust, ign advance, gearing changes and carb tuning.
All fine.

I would like to run a WON wet kit and would appreciate it if you could reccomend a 'parts list' or similar to get me going. Looking to start at say a 20-30hp shot. Do I need just the basic kit? Or a progressive controller + purge system etc. Theres not much room on this bike and its just for fun on the odd back road. Theres not alot of information out there on nitrous R6's as everyone seems to upgrade to a 1000. But this bike is a 1 off custom and I plan on keeping it.
All you 'NEED' is our http://www.noswizard.com/index.php/bike ... t-867.html
BUT you might 'LIKE' to add some of the optional extras to that. If you complete our contacts page; http://www.noswizard.com/contact-us one of my team will send you all the details you need to help you decide what you'd like to purchase.

Im handy with a spanner so the bolting up side of things isnt a problem. I just want to make sure im doing it right.
The SB50 is THE SIMPLEST system in the world to fit BY A MILE, so I'm sure you'll manage that job with ease and it also delivers the power far smoother than ANY other system, including ALL ours.

If im successful with the R6 my father has a 955I Daytona he would like to give a little boost along as well :yes:
There's NO question about the success of fitting/using our systems, so if you'd like to benefit from a discount, you could do so by ordering both at the same time. ;)

Thanks in advance, Luke
My pleasure

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:49 pm 

Thanks Trev, I will get that form off.

The SB50 kit does look nice and simple. My only concern is the single nitrous injector rather than 4. To get equal nitrous distribution I would have to mount that before my air filter. I assume it is fine to run nitrous through the oiled foam filter?

Best place to mount the fuel injectors? In the stock velocity stacks? Is that safe on a carb engine?

Would also like to have a WOT switch plus the horn press button wired in line with each other. Things get busy on the bike sometimes and I think this is the safest way.

Thankyou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

ausromeo wrote:
Thanks Trev, I will get that form off.

The SB50 kit does look nice and simple.
Its as simple as it can be. ;)

My only concern is the single nitrous injector rather than 4. To get equal nitrous distribution I would have to mount that before my air filter. I assume it is fine to run nitrous through the oiled foam filter?
It shouldn't need to be before the filter - all those we've done and/or seen done have been located after the filter. If you send me a pic of your airbox/induction system, I'll tell you where its best located.

Best place to mount the fuel injectors? In the stock velocity stacks? Is that safe on a carb engine?
It's best to use the vac take off points if possible. Let me know where they are located, what size they are and if any are being used already.

Would also like to have a WOT switch plus the horn press button wired in line with each other. Things get busy on the bike sometimes and I think this is the safest way.
That can be arranged but it's usually extremely awkward to mount a throttle switch on a carb bike.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 am 

Hi Trev,
Here is a link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YAMAHA-YZF-R ... 3f0d53038f

Obviously its not my personal airbox but it shows you the exact system I have. As you can see there is very little room (and volume) between the filter and the velocity stacks on the carbs. The nitrous injector could be mounted on the front wall of the airbox I guess. Would this provide equal nitrous to each cylinder? Sorry if its a bad explaination.

The vac points are blanked off with 1/4 inch hose (will have to double check that size). The vac points are a nipple which sticks out of the head. Rubber hose pushes on to it and is blocked off.

On the below link you can see the 4 vac points and rubber hose going to them.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/99-00-01-02- ... 4d03ae717e

What do you think?

Thankyou.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:09 am 
Site Admin

ausromeo wrote:
The nitrous injector could be mounted on the front wall of the airbox I guess.
Yes that's where I'd locate it.

Would this provide equal nitrous to each cylinder?
Yes as we supply a deflector that disperses the nitrous throughout the airbox, rather than allowing it to have any single direction.

The vac points are blanked off with 1/4 inch hose (will have to double check that size). The vac points are a nipple which sticks out of the head. Rubber hose pushes on to it and is blocked off.
We can use those as they are now but if they are in the head they can usually be unscrewed leaving hopefully a 6mm thread where you can screw in the Venom injectors.

What do you think?
Should be fine. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)